• magicwalnuts0 - March 3, 2009 2:56 a.m.

1.notice that most of these guys started on the PC. Kojima being probably one of the best console devs ever (ZOE anyone?) 2. I don't care if the lost vikings was craptacular it's a travesty Blizzard isn't on here, and this article suffers HARD from it. 3. Otherwise good article, there should be more like this, devs teams don't see enough publicity especially in this console centered US/UK where Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are the only brands you hear of.
  • FriendlyFire - March 3, 2009 2:35 a.m.

Making this article must've been hell... There are so many good devs out there, but a lot of them, at their beginning, made crappy games! Bungie? Oni wasn't all that great. Relic? The Outfit sucked. Infinity Ward? The CoD series is their SOLE work, so maybe they didn't fit the size criterion. On top of that, I'd say CoD2 could've been better. Ubisoft? Oh gosh, just look at the gazillion FarCry offshoots or the Imagine games (yes, Babyz is made by them). Square Enix? Don't know them much, but I guess within the huge amount of FF games out there, maybe one sucked. Level 5? No idea, all their games are great. Maybe they felt Dark Cloud was a tad low on Gamesranking, but that'd be nitpicky, eh? Ensemble Studios? Eh, great games, but Halo Wars is on the lower end of the spectrum...
  • theschwartzb - March 3, 2009 2:27 a.m.

I would remove harmonix from this list because it was such an awesome game, that instead of learning to play a real guitar (as i wish i would've done now) i played a fake plastic guitar instead. I guess this is kind of my fault, but its easier to blame someone other than yourself, so yeah. ReCaptcha: Carmen Dreadful
  • Z-man427 - March 3, 2009 12:09 a.m.

@Timothy_Lemon: i actually do love rock music. i say that Rock Band and Guitar Hero are utter shit because i am a REAL musician.
  • playoldgames - March 2, 2009 9:50 p.m.

Gotta call you out on Harmonix - I draw your attention to Phase on the iPod. Decent idea, iffy implementation.
  • noobeater - March 2, 2009 9:38 p.m.

i agree with animeman square enix have done well...wernt parasite eve by them thats a good game...i thought it easily beat the original resident evils back in the day... dont hurt me fanboys!! recapture 6.7-million roses thats a luck girl
  • UKGNZoidberg1974 - March 2, 2009 9:38 p.m.

The writer of this article seems to have missed that Harmonix were responsible for Eye Toy: Antigrav on the PS2, which is pretty far from a good game. Insomniac have made a bad game.... it was called Resistance: Fall of Man. Sequel was good though.
  • xFnKxTaLeNtx - March 2, 2009 9:19 p.m.

lol pretty good, @Tylinator bungie's myth was pretty much one of the worst games on the planet so that's probably why. I don't know about epic.
  • Tylinator - March 2, 2009 9 p.m.

what about bungie or epic man you cannot forget gears and halo
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - March 2, 2009 8:20 p.m.

i would like to point out an error in your list. Harmonix. didnt they publish a godawful game that you complained about for ages and ages? or have you really forgotten Guitar Hero's bastard child for the DS already? Or am i completely mistaken and they didnt actually make that? Oooh look, no SEGA there. Suprise suprise xD
  • SlicedCarrot - March 2, 2009 8:11 p.m.

As soon as I read 'game developers' in the title, I knew Valve would be here. Great article. XD
  • b8z - March 2, 2009 8:02 p.m.

Good article but all i can say is why isnt Level 5 on that list from what i've played of their games and heard from the others theyve all been top notch.
  • Corsair89 - March 2, 2009 7:24 p.m.

God, I wish that there are more developers like those guys.
  • kaythanksbye2 - March 2, 2009 7:20 p.m.

I wouldn't exactly consider Sonic Chronicles to be a good game...
  • Timothy_Lemon - March 2, 2009 7:02 p.m.

bollocks i just owned myself. haha didnt read that properly. Kojima Productions = great not shit. Konami = some questionable games.
  • Timothy_Lemon - March 2, 2009 6:59 p.m.

haha Unoriginal you got burned. guiter hero and rock band shit? serious? i'm assuming you're some rock music hating chav??? actually konami have done rock revolution which sucks. but the fact that they did zone of the enders makes up for that.
  • CuddlyBomber - March 2, 2009 6:56 p.m.

399th great article!
  • Z-man427 - March 2, 2009 6:53 p.m.

I'd like to say that this is a very subjective piece. I would say that Harmonix shouldn't be on the list because Guitar Hero and Rock Band are utter shit. Also, Mass Effect was barely a 7 in my book but to most people, they were good games. you see my point though this would have been better as a poll first
  • JollyCrisp - March 2, 2009 6:53 p.m.

@Unoriginal You obviously havent acquired the skill of interpreting sentences without punctuation yet. What CyberNinja said was "FIRST POST! And this is a great article." oh yeah, and good work on the article.