Topics

Old-school

• sternparez - April 13, 2011 11:02 a.m.

great article Mikel, really looking forward to MK9
  • majorlynch - April 13, 2011 10:41 a.m.

Great Article!!!
  • TheWebSwinger - April 13, 2011 8:48 a.m.

Awesome awesome awesome. Great article, I'm loving the MK week. Sub Zero > Scorpion. Inarguably.
  • malakai - April 13, 2011 7:54 a.m.

I hate australia, we dont get this cos of our dumbass government say OZZY OZZY OZZY OY OY OY if you agree they should be immolated by a skull faced demon ninja
  • Fhiend - April 13, 2011 7:35 a.m.

Guile's handcuff trick was a glitch in SF2 arcade in which one player would get stuck to Guile and be unable to move.
  • XLGirthMan - April 13, 2011 4:50 a.m.

I've never played MK but I pre-ordered the new one already. Thanks to this article I'll actually be a bit educated about the characters and such. Great read
  • bloodyshadow - April 13, 2011 3:55 a.m.

FINALLY!!! Thank you Mikel for doing this and, more importantly, your research. It really shows and you wroe things I really didn't expect. I loved the whole thing... except the Spoiler part which I didn't read but you were great enough to put a tag for. Well done. VERY well done.
  • KaiokenKid - April 13, 2011 3:13 a.m.

Wow, that's way more MK lore then I needed to know. Very well done mikel
  • AcidSpitter - April 13, 2011 2:48 a.m.

@Sy87 How is new Smoke lame? For once they actually made him his own character and gave him unique moves. He's extremely bada** and even when he was a cyborg move-wise he's not like the others. He doesn't depend on weapons but his smoke abilities which is something that can be shared between his human and cyborg form. His cyborg form will make it in so just relax. Article was pretty good. Some minor nitpicks about it but still overall a good read and it's nice to finally see someone make an article about MK who knows what they're talking about
  • MightyMorphinPoltergeist - April 13, 2011 2:43 a.m.

As someone that's always been more of an MK fan, it was nice to read a well written article about the series' two best characters from GR and to catch me up on somethings I had forgotten before MK9 ships.
  • manaconda - April 13, 2011 2:04 a.m.

really cool article Mikel, more than i ever wanted to know about sub zero and scorpion, but a great, and entertaining read!
  • Sy87 - April 13, 2011 1:54 a.m.

Ok That is some bull Sub-zero gets turn cyborg over smoke. Smoke rulz forget what the crappy movie did to him. Smoke always ruled as a cyborg I don't like the weird white wavy hair kinda looks (oh wait I can't say that word). But seriously the new smoke is lame Cyborg smoke rules come on he was always misting from his awesomeness.
  • EvilChicken - April 13, 2011 1:48 a.m.

So whats everyones favorite look of Scorpion and Sub-zero For me I have to say the new ones look the coolest for me
  • RebornKusabi - April 13, 2011 1:43 a.m.

All of the cyborg ninja in the MK series are based off of Predator. Cyrax has a fatality that's clearly based around Predators self-destruct wrist-band thingy in the movies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIxmXaqPEcA
  • Nonstop17 - April 13, 2011 1:43 a.m.

i remember i used to have a sub zero action figure when MK was first out i wonder what happened to it?...
  • Zeokroe - April 13, 2011 1:41 a.m.

Want new game. Good article guys!
  • xombiesarelove - April 13, 2011 1:39 a.m.

In all fairness, Sektor/Cyrax/Smoke all looked like the Predator back in MK3. Just like Sub-zero looked like the Shredder for a while. Awesome article.
  • TheMonarch - April 13, 2011 1:35 a.m.

@MitchyTdawg, he is the Predator! Where's Jesse Ventura when we need him!
  • MitchyTdawg - April 13, 2011 1:13 a.m.

He looks like the predator . . .
  • taterboob - April 13, 2011 1:10 a.m.

I'm just gonna say it...cyber Sub Zero looks like the Predator.