• homestar99 - April 17, 2014 8:19 p.m.

As long as this is going on I'd like to add on to this with another statement. Why hasn't Nintendo jumped aboard the achievement/trophy bandwagon? You think it'd make sense seeing as how every other console and PC do it. But they just aren't doing it. Nintendo doesn't seem to innovate, ever, it's always the same installments of the same franchises over and over again in a increasingly alarming cash grab. Nintendo has never handled third party support well ever since the Wii's release. The Wii's motion controller and SD only picture basically meant shooting themselves in the foot in the long run. So the Wii had to rely on the franchises that Nintendo owned. The Wii U took the fuck up to the next step by continuing to use a casual gamer gimmick. Casuals usually don't upgrade until what they have breaks and the Wii doesn't break in very many instances. That meant that they now only had their core fanbase and gamers in general. But then the screen controller was another shot fired at third party developers so they just had the core fanbase and entitled shits, er, I mean children. My point is that Nintendo keeps missteping and killing their sales numbers. If it wasn't for the 3DS sales attracting more sales they would've already went the way of the dodo. Nintendo needs new franchises and a console that doesn't make third party devs want to hurl. The only way for them to survive is to appeal to those they once catered for: The Gamers.
  • bigwill1221 - April 17, 2014 9:23 p.m.

They have achievements, just not global system achievements. (you also have to think the amount of data they would take up too on your system :S). Though who knows if they will ever upgrade their online policy.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - April 18, 2014 9:27 a.m.

They did that already Its.called the N64 and Gamecube, which were financial failures The Wii U if anything is trying to mix the library of the above, with the appeal of the Wii to get the best of both worlds, but its not being as they hopes it would.
  • GOD - April 17, 2014 8:13 p.m.

Saw the Golden Sun image on main page... became sad when I noticed this had nothing to do with a new game.
  • universaltofu - April 17, 2014 8:22 p.m.

I still haven't played the ds one, so I'll at least have something to tide me over when the cravings become too strong. Have you played that one, like it at all?
  • GOD - April 17, 2014 8:40 p.m.

I got it soon after it came out and basically marathoned through it. I really liked it and it feels super good to play. The djinn are also better than ever to collect because they all look completely different, rather than just one picture for each element. My biggest complaints would have to be the difficulty because the puzzles never really made me think hard and you could breeze through a lot of the combat (which I was fine with for most of the time because the combat itself was fun), the ending which I'll say is basically about as fulfilling as the end to the first game, and that early on there is point of no return (there might have been a second one too, can't remember) but that ends up making any djinn you hadn't collected locked away completely with no way to ever get them without a full restart. I thought it was pretty good length, the summons are a ton of fun, the combat and RPG elements are deep but streamlined and easy to navigate, and the story was interesting from what I remember. Oh and great battle music. I'd personally give it an 8/10. It would probably have been a 9 if the ending wasn't basically a "to be continued" that will seemingly never be continued. It's a 10 in my heart though.
  • universaltofu - April 17, 2014 9:03 p.m.

Have you ever played the Lufia games, I can't help but lump these two together lately as both series are such well rounded jrpg titles with great music and good puzzles.
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 17, 2014 7:10 p.m.

Sony did that... Nintendo isn't going to copy Sony. Anyway most people have the Wii's VC version which was transferred to their Wii U so who cares? If they have a Wii U and never owned a Wii get it on that, a 3DS? On that. What is the deal?
  • captmotorcycle - April 17, 2014 6:29 p.m.

Well worded article. Nintendo is a company that is totally clueless to the current market and refuses to accept the fact that they are no longer the option for gaming. Nintendo's current management is septic for the company and they are in desperate need for someone new with ideas from this decade.
  • shawksta - April 17, 2014 10:14 p.m.

I almost threw up "they are in desperate need for someone new with ideas from this decade." Your basically asking them to be what Sony and Microsoft already are, there's no point. Do they need to improve? Yes, but to assume they need to be exactly as them is the wrong direction.
  • universaltofu - April 17, 2014 6:10 p.m.

Maybe we need to give Iwata a donut and hear his sad stories to get a better deal.