• diana-rice - September 17, 2012 12:43 p.m.

I quit working at shoprite and now I make $35h - $80h...how? I'm working online! My work didn't exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do, http://bit.ly/Qi4PON
  • jackthemenace - September 15, 2012 2:15 p.m.

I'm getting less worried about this now. I was worried at first that it wasn't going to be as 'scary' as old ones, but it definitely seems like it will be, although for different reasons. Now, I'm just worried my personality is going to mean the game's more annoying than it is scary, but that'll be my own fault if it is.
  • SolidEye - September 13, 2012 4:38 a.m.

Well I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. How does Chris' campaign hold up in terms of scares and horror? Would you describe it as an action-horror style of gameplay that mimics the scares and thriller vibe like in Predator or even Aliens films?. e.g You and your team enter a room and they are slowly picked off one by one by some unseen creature? Or is it strictly about the action?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - September 13, 2012 6:28 a.m.

It's basically all about the killing. I've had the occasional jump so far, but nothing Alienesque. It might well change later on, but so far Chris' campaign is very actiony, albeit often with a sense of having your back against the wall in regards to supplies.
  • KishouTenpi - September 12, 2012 10:45 p.m.

Might be the first Resi game I buy! I tried ORC and that didn't go well....
  • ObliqueZombie - September 12, 2012 4:36 p.m.

I hope this bodes over well for PC. If it's a crappy port, I'll just have to get it on my Xbox. Still, it looks and sounds amazing, if Mr. Houghton's article is anything to go by. Can't wait.
  • Zeos - September 12, 2012 11:38 a.m.

Sounds amazing still, man I can't wait!
  • mysteryman - September 12, 2012 10:20 a.m.

Dave, What version did you play. And have you any idea if one is better than the other. Re5 was good on both but wondered if the usual "better on 360" applied? Not a fan boy as I have both machines
  • GR_DavidHoughton - September 13, 2012 1:38 a.m.

I've only played the 360 version so far, which was fine, if early code. Bit too soon to make a definitive technical judgement though.
  • BladedFalcon - September 12, 2012 9:19 a.m.

Well, this sounds far more promising than what other earlier previews of the game had said. I really do like the sound of those touches that could make the make feel potentially more like a true survival horror. And I'm also completely alright with having three different campaigns that will offer a different kind of tone each ^^
  • filipe-alves - September 12, 2012 11:42 a.m.

Let's just hope those campaigns are not over and done with too soon... My only concern with this game is the amount of DLC Capcom will put in there. I was really dissapointed with Asura's Wrath, which required DLC for you to complete the game. Hopefully nothing like that happens with this one.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - September 12, 2012 3:23 p.m.

I've played the first couple of chapters of Leon, Chris and Jake's campaigns. And make no mistake, those chapters are long, so I have hope the whole game will be pretty meaty.
  • filipe-alves - September 13, 2012 8:20 a.m.

That's good to hear. When I first read about the multiple campaigns I feared they were all short in favor of diversity. I'd hate to love Leon's campaign just to have it end way too soon.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - September 12, 2012 3:19 p.m.

So far it's definitely more in the modern Resi mould than the old one, and it is definitely an aggressive combat-driven game. But the sheer amount of empty chambers, low health bars and shameless running away is certainly an unexpected bonus. And like I said, the combat is so far way more panic-driven than in 4 and 5.
  • larkan - September 12, 2012 8:25 a.m.

Unless they completely bomb the PC version (which, let's face it, has happened before), a lot of these changes won't be issues at all. A keyboard and mouse setup is way more accurate than a couple of analog sticks, so aiming will be cake. I know there are some talented people out there with controllers, but really, you put any of the pros up against a 6 year old with basic keyboard mouse skills, the kid will win every single time. There's a reason there aren't any competitive cross platform FPS/TPS games.
  • gilgamesh310 - September 12, 2012 1:03 p.m.

Why are you bringing all this up? No one said otherwise. The article is about RE 6.
  • BladedFalcon - September 12, 2012 4:39 p.m.

Because he's a PC elitist douchebag, and that's how they roll...?
  • Fox_Mulder - September 13, 2012 9:22 a.m.

He's pro and the fact he not only plays on PC but also champions it clearly means he excels at every aspect of his life, and has no shortcomings.