• EAC73 - April 19, 2014 2:28 p.m.

I'm with you too Henry, I couldn't beat Jumping Jack Flash. As for another game I just gave up on, it would have to be in my run of XCOM: Enemy Unknown of Iron Man Mode. I basically screwed myself into a save with only one good soldier that I had for the entire game.
  • winner2 - April 19, 2014 9:35 a.m.

For me it'd have to be ninja gaiden 2. I remember the hardest boss I beat in that was the evil woman who turns into the arch fiend of blood, I can't remember her name. It was one of those fights where after the umpteenth death you suddenly awaken your true skills and pull out all the stops. But then shortly after this moment of triumph, I found myself dying to this priest guy who gets a bunch of tentacles and stuff and shoots lightning bolts. I had very little health, and I saw that there was no way I could win. I sat there staring at the controller for a few minutes as I pondered that all too familiar decision in ninja gaiden. I set it down, turned off the tv, walked to the door, turned out the light, and never looked back.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2014 9:01 a.m.

Nowadays I only stop playing a game because I get bored or lose interest in it. When I was a teen however, I did get stonewalled by that stupid Jetch boss fight near the end of the game. I never figured how to beat him, and it didn't help that the Boss theme was this awful and annoying Japanese pseudo metal song with obnoxious grunting vocals.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2014 9:02 a.m.

Oh, this refering to Final Fantasy X btw.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 19, 2014 8:12 a.m.

My answer for QOTW is that I stopped playing the Original Xbox Ninja Gaiden game because of Alma. Why because you have to fight her normal and awakened forms which are just asking for a broken controller and console . Her normal form can grab pillars and throw them, or can cast multiple fireballs at her opponent (depending on the difficulty setting, the amount of fireballs launched is either decreased or increased). She also can send her enemies towards her in a beam of light, then smashing them to the ground again. While she mostly is flying, she also has some decent combos to use while she stands on the ground. Her awakened form, she retains most of her moves, except that she loses the power to send enemies towards her; instead grabbing and crushing Ryu with her tail/lower body. She also has a decent rush and a massive fireball, which she must charge. I doubt my comment may be read, but I just want to say that I don't think I can keeping coming to GR anymore.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 21, 2014 3:30 p.m.

Hold on I change my answer to Battle Toads for the Super Nintendo. There is one level where you are riding a bike and you have to dodge these stupid walls. You only get like a glimpse of the wall for like a second and even then, you have to have photographic memory just to beat it. I remember me and brother Ben rented it for a weekend and let''s just say the cartridge was cracked when we returned to the video game store. I was surprised no one noticed the crack in it.
  • GOD - April 19, 2014 1:31 a.m.

I got stuck in Final Fantasy X. Made it to the Seymour boss battle where he likes to summon Animus and wreck you, but I somehow couldn't backtrack to level grind. So I was stuck, with my only option to continue retrying an impossible boss battle for my current character levels. At least I thought I was stuck. I got so frustrated after hours of dying to Animus and trying to find a way to backtrack that I raged (maybe checked one more time the next day) and then never played it again. That was also my first Final Fantasy. Never finished an FF game until XIV ironically.
  • GOD - April 19, 2014 1:39 a.m.

Woops, *Anima not Animus. He doesn't summon a device to let him become his assassin ancestor. Or is Seymour's great-great-great-great-great grandmother Anima?
  • supergiraffe - April 18, 2014 11:06 p.m.

Alright, so, I've been playing video games for most of my life. One of, if not the first game I ever played was Ocarina of Time, which unfortunately required me to have skills that I did not fully posses at the time, such as reading. I know simple tasks such as "get a sword and shield" seems easy now, but when you can't understand the instructions being given to you it can be hard enough to make a young child quit. I also remember being terrified of the game because I didn't understand the story and interpreted the scene at the beginning where Link is woken up as a dead body being revived by a glowing ball, and I though I was playing as a corpse.
  • Tranquilbez34 - April 18, 2014 10:06 p.m.

I quit playing Dead Rising 2 two weeks after I got it, finding Zombrex for your dumb daughter his hard enough when you're fighting off a million zombies with a chainsaw paddle. I didn't the fucking time limit as well Capcom!
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 18, 2014 9:47 p.m.

I got stuck on the menu of a Japanese demo
  • codystovall - April 18, 2014 9 p.m.

You should only pick nunchaku if you are bruce lee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHe6vhexm6g
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2014 9:07 a.m.

Yeah, Bruce Lee is a badass with those. But I disagree, as long as you know how to swing a nunchuck well enough to not hit yourself back. (Like me, I'm not trained formally at all, but I own and use them) It's a pretty good, unpredictable weapon with really nice range and versatility.
  • codystovall - April 18, 2014 8:59 p.m.

I quit dark souls because i didnt know where i was going or what i was doing and just wasnt having any fun.
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 18, 2014 8:35 p.m.

There were multiple times in Metroid Prime that I got stuck and quit. The most memorable of those was going against Metroid Prime herself. Even ignoring the fact that you have to beat Meta Ridley very shortly before the final boss, this boss was tough. Add to that the fact that I was too dumb to think, "I should backtrack to a save station so I never have to fight Meta Ridley again." and you end up with a game worth quitting over. And that doesn't even count the super annoying metroid fusions that split into two metroids between Meta Ridley and Metroid Prime. So I quit. Too many tries. Too many failures. Then, one fateful Sunday afternoon at least a year later, I dove down into that crater one more time, just to try. And I took that monster down immediately. No death. Down to my last energy tank, I took her down. It was victory, and it was sweet. Probably the most satisfying feeling I've ever gotten beating a game. Note: I recently replayed the Wii remake and breezed through it. Looking back, I just sucked at the game. Oh well. TL;DR Metroid Prime final boss.
  • universaltofu - April 18, 2014 8:29 p.m.

QOTW : Guitar Hero III, raining blood, that is all.
  • punishment - April 19, 2014 6:04 p.m.

Oh lord. I clunked my way through that somehow but it took all fucking night and the next day. The walls were moving after I finally stopped.
  • universaltofu - April 19, 2014 8:18 p.m.

I both admire and despise you for this.
  • Lurkero - April 18, 2014 8:27 p.m.

I got stuck in Gears 3 and never finished it. The game was so boring compared to Gears 2 that I just could not garner the will to move to the next room.
  • AwkwardLoser - April 18, 2014 7:54 p.m.

Yes, Spider-Man Maximum Carnage was the 1st or 2nd game I ever played(Lawnmower Man was the other) growing up from about 1996-1998( I was 5-7) I could never get past the laboratory stage of the game. In 1998 I sold my SNES for a PSX and I'd kinda be haunted of my failures as I was and still am a huge comics fan. It wasn't until 2010 that I would download Maximum Carnage via an emulator, turn on cheats and bulldoze through what turned out to maybe be a 2 1/2 game.