Topics

Microsoft

We Recommend

• Craza - July 23, 2010 6:40 a.m.

You kinda contradicted yourself in the article. It's said that "some EXTREMELY TALENTED console gamers were pitted against "mediocre" PC gamers". And then you go on to say how those console gamers were probably just casual players, and the PC players were more "hardcore". Not trying to be a bite in the ass, just pointing that out. I play both consoles and PC, but I stick to PC for FPS's for the exact same reason listed here--better control. (My only real exception is the Halo series.) Though, it's not like I have a PC built for gaming. It's just a laptop. ^^'
  • Pirate - July 23, 2010 5:53 a.m.

I wish I could play on PC. What I wouldn't give to be the mod on a server so I don't have to deal with even half the stuff you put up with from other players on console. Team killers and kids who never shut up would be banned so fast. Then I couldn't play games like Uncharted 2 and all the other games which don't see a PC release. Those are the reasons I have not gotten a pc for gaming yet.
  • enlargedhousecats - July 23, 2010 5:19 a.m.

lack of cited evidence makes me angry
  • VaneTrago - July 23, 2010 4:02 a.m.

Want to bridge that gap? Make the 360 mouse and keyboard compatible.
  • Hoody - July 23, 2010 3:17 a.m.

PC gamers are waaaaaay more hardcore than console gamers. Honestly not sure if this is anything to brag about though.
  • Jesse1066 - July 23, 2010 3:06 a.m.

I am not surprised by this article
  • twinkletitsMcGee - July 23, 2010 2:42 a.m.

PC gamers are more hardcore. The did invent the shit sock as mentioned on Tdar.
  • LizarDAZZLE - July 23, 2010 2:18 a.m.

aaarrrrrg, noo!!! You don't need $1500 for a gaming pc! aaargh, when you people get it! I can play TF2 and MW2 at it's highest settings and crysis at mostly high settings on a shitty, shitty HP media center pc. all it had was a 2.4 GHz dual core proccessor (which you can get on newegg for about 60 bucks) and a cheap video card (nVidea 8600gt) All I did was buy a new power supply (which you only need if your current one is not powerful enough. ALWAYS look up the power usage needed for video cards when you are looking for them) and an nVidia 9800gt for $110. two years ago. I'm pretty sure you can find it for cheaper or get something better for that price. PC gaming really isn't that expensive! If you already own a desktop personal computer, you're already 80-90% on your way to owning a good gaming pc. You don't need to buy a brand new one JUST for gaming *nerd rant over*
  • mEgAzD - July 23, 2010 1:14 a.m.

So wait, can't Microsoft just enable their consoles to use a keyboard and mouse for games? Or is that too much for them?
  • Jacko415 - July 23, 2010 12:56 a.m.

My xbox 360 got stolen so i've been concentrating on building my pc. i love the pc graphics. love the xbox community and easygoing-ness. i need to by an xbox controller for my pc. the controller feels so much more natural. And Antithos has a good point. this really is not news at all
  • emiljohn - July 23, 2010 12:49 a.m.

Can't other genres(like sports) be implemented like shadowrun without being imbalanced for pc or consoles?
  • GamesRadarMichaelGrimm - July 23, 2010 12:48 a.m.

@ ninjadevbear I don't necessarily feel it's a one or the other situation with the casual/hardcore titles, you can just be more into one type of game than another. I'd say I'm a hardcore Street Fighter player but a fairly casual BFBC2 player. "Casual" has taken on a negative meaning for no reason other than people associate it with games like kinectimals that are made as entertainment and aren't interested in measuring a player's skill, when casual can also refer to people who play traditional games, but just for fun. But at the same time I understand that for a lot of people there is fun to be had in getting really good or competitive at a game or investing a lot of time into it to really explore its design/mechanics.
  • twewy13 - July 23, 2010 12:45 a.m.

i want to see these pc gamers go up against machinima respawn guys
  • Rowdie - July 23, 2010 12:44 a.m.

MichaelGrimm, you're reading comp score is low.
  • Rowdie - July 23, 2010 12:42 a.m.

This is not news. For ages it's been well established that the mouse/kb combo is more accurate. They'd have to give some serious aim assist to controller users.
  • Tygerclaws - July 23, 2010 12:42 a.m.

@gigiosantos Actually, I couldn't care less. We're all gamers, we all play games. It doesn't matter what we play 'em on. Like different musicians, one plays violin, the other has bass drums. Still musicians. @Gnome Perhaps, but the entire point of the study, and Sood's statements, were that mouse & keyboard > controllers. I'm sure there are people who've spliced keyboards and mouses onto their 360s, but we're talking the majority, not the exceptions.
  • GamesRadarMichaelGrimm - July 23, 2010 12:04 a.m.

@ Antithos The news is that major attempts by Microsoft at inter-connectivity between the PC and 360 were scrapped as a result of the disparity between the respective gamers' skill levels.
  • BoltActionRevolver - July 22, 2010 11:54 p.m.

Nothing new here. I grew up with Doom and Wolfenstein. Halo came along, and all my buds thaty had an xBox claimed it was better as I tried to adapt, and ultimately got tired and bought Halo for PC. Now I could play. For me, the answer was simple, I knew the mouse and keyboard, could aim better, and over all, had a larger chance to survive over 5 seconds
  • StriderHoang - July 22, 2010 11:54 p.m.

I play TF2 on my pc, so I'm not gonna balk at the whole pc superiority thing over pad. It just makes sense on an objective level I think. I WILL say however that most of the videos getting uploaded on Machinima Respawn on Youtube, a channel devoted to FPS's, are almost all console gamers. You'd think a PC gamer would get in one of these days with the perceived skill bar.
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - July 22, 2010 11:48 p.m.

Shadowrun had to implement auto-aim on the 360 version because the players couldn't compete with PC players. So, the conundrum is that in order to have a "balanced" play field between console and PC, you force one side to go up against people essentially getting a handicap. Which can't be fun.