• BipolarTroll - September 3, 2013 8:08 a.m.

God does exist!!!
  • ObliqueZombie - September 1, 2013 6:44 p.m.

Oh mY GOD YES
  • winner2 - September 1, 2013 1:36 p.m.

Hmm. I loved Soul Sacrifice, but i've never played mega man. I dunno. I won't keep an eye on it, but I'm hoping it's as great as everyone else is.
  • C.King - September 1, 2013 12:49 p.m.

Shut up and take my kidney! to sell and fund for this game and hopefully eventually get me a installment for my 3ds!
  • 8bitBaby - September 1, 2013 12:39 p.m.

this is making me so happy. i really REALLY want this game to happen. i've been talking it up everywhere i can. if any project deserved to get fully funded this is it. C:
  • sirdilznik - September 1, 2013 9:13 a.m.

This is obviously yet another way for Inafune to give Capcom the finger. It's quite obviously, unabashedly Mega Man by another name, and I'm totally fine with that, in fact, I fully support and encourage it. Capcom can eat a ****. They have made it perfectly clear by their actions (an lack there of) that they intend to let the blue bomber die a slow death of desolation. They cancelled the last couple Mega Man projects and have done nothing with the blue bomber since. Even with Mega Man's 25th anniversary they did nothing with the IP. Inafune is obviously telling Capcom that since they're not going to do anything with Mega Man, he will. Good on him and **** Capcom.
  • sandplasma - September 1, 2013 7:09 a.m.

New character looks dumb. Just because you created megaman doesnt mean you have to base all your future work on that one success.
  • BladedFalcon - September 1, 2013 7:18 a.m.

Which is why he's already created other games such a Soul Sacrifice, and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z ;)
  • sandplasma - September 1, 2013 7:54 a.m.

Oh lol. I stand corrected. :D
  • larkan - September 1, 2013 10:32 a.m.

Character is fine, but asking 900k and two years to make this game is pushing it. One guy made Mega Man X Street Fighter last year, for free, in his free time. He's asking for quite a bit for something that has been done and perfected for decades.
  • BladedFalcon - September 1, 2013 11:36 a.m.

If the final product looks as pretty and shiny as that screen mock-up that they showed, I definitely can understand the asking price.
  • JarkayColt - September 1, 2013 3:40 a.m.

I thought Inafune was already pushing it slightly when he decided to call his company "Comcept", but this just takes the cake AND runs with it, lawls. I have absolutely nothing against this and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. It definitely looks like a Mega Man reboot under a new coat of paint, which begs the question; if this succeeds, what will happen to the "real" Mega Man? By which I mean, Capcom can't compete, surely? Either Capcom will try and seize rights to this (which I doubt), Inafune will try and seize rights to Mega Man (which I doubt), or Mega Man is officially dead (likely scenario) because it turns out that nobody really needs him. That is, of course, ignoring the fact that this has technically already happened by now, sans his Smash inclusion, which is more of a "legacy" thing anyway. I want to pledge enough for the hardcover artbook/guide but there are plenty of other things I may need that £160-odd for, haha. I could go for the digital versions, but it's not the same. XD Either way this may have to be the first Kickstarter I actually give money to.
  • BladedFalcon - September 1, 2013 6:47 a.m.

Why wouldn't Capcom be able to compete if this succeeds? Inafune may be the creator of Megaman, but that doesn't make him the sole person capable of making a good MegaMan game :P Besides, no matter how good MN9 turns out to be, it's still a "new" IP, and it's name carries no Clout with it. Most gamers taht follows the news and details like us WILL know of course, but many that don't will probably be unaware MN9 exists, much less that it's pretty much a MegaMan game with a new coat paint. SO, that makes it so as long as Capcom does ANYTHING with the license, (And trust me, they will.) they are still going to sell because the MegaMan name alone still carries a ton of Clout behind it. AND if this spurs Capcom to do something just as good, or better or different than what MN9 is doing, then this means twice the MegaMan goodness for us. So like I said below, we win no matter what XD But mark my words, Capcom isn't letting the MegaMan name die, at least not yet. And if nothing else, MN9's Success WILL be more than a clear indicator to investors that MegaMan games are very much still viable sellers:P
  • JarkayColt - September 1, 2013 10:36 a.m.

Well, you are absolutely right. I don't doubt that Capcom has a team of talented developers who would be willing and able to work on a new Mega Man but...well, let's face the facts. The last two decent Mega Man games were 9 and 10 which, whilst good, arguably were just retreading old ground and riffing off nostalgia. Mega Man Universe was cancelled, Legends 3 was cancelled, and MM x SF was a fan game. I do think that Inafune himself is a fairly large piece of this puzzle and clearly, Mega Man wouldn't be quite the same without him. There can only ever be one "real McCoy". M#9 sounds like Mega Man and seems to have a decently sized core comprised of veteran developers who have previously worked on Mega Man games. Honestly, what can Capcom do to compare? Would they just "draw inspiration" from M#9? Because honestly, Mega Man seems to have lost all sense of direction recently. You're right that Mega Man has a bigger name, but it's a name that presents a hollow promise. If M#9 does really well, then surely that will satiate everybody's desire for a good "Mega Man" game. If Capcom fought back with something similar then, well...Mega Man, he's just a face and a name by that point. I'm not sure that I'm properly conveying what I want to say, but now that M#9 exists I know that Mega Man will have to fight for its identity, unless it just goes exclusively "Battle Network" or whatever, which would be a shame.
  • BladedFalcon - September 1, 2013 11:34 a.m.

*Shrugs* A series doesn't need their original creator to be great, they just need talented people behind the project. And yes, it's obvious that Capcom as a publisher itself is unsure about what they should do with MegaMan, but I'd be willing to bet that there's several developers in the company that would love to take a shot at it and do a good job. The problem itself doesn't lie within the actual talent, just the administration which is clearly the part unwilling to do anything significant with the property. Once the administration either chances or realizes the importance and viability of Mega Man games, I don't doubt they could come up with a pretty good game IF it's given to the right team. Inti creates has been the developer behind the MM9 and MM10 games as well as the Zero and ZX series.(which IMO were fantastic.) And while not a part of capcom, I don't think they'd refuse another crack at the series if offered.
  • C.King - September 1, 2013 1:01 p.m.

u guys think the get me off the moon people will fund this whole thing themselves? 100,000 people so each of em only need to dish out 9 bucks? i really don't think megaman can sell off the name alone like what u guys have said he's iconic to gamers but i the brand isn't known to nongamers, everyone knows mario and pokemon and maybe cod/halo from name alone but maybe nothing more but the name. megaman not as much, i don't think u can ask ANY random person about him.
  • Vonter - September 1, 2013 6:54 p.m.

Ninja Gaiden 3 says hi. And the next Mass Effect could be another example, since they did ask the fans if they wanted a sequel or prequel.Without Hironobu Sakaguchi, Final Fantasy hasn't been the same. Also LoS, tries to be Castlevania but doesn't have the feeling or fun of a Castlevania. I don't think in absolutes since there is also many counterexamples like Capcom making a Zelda game or Retro with Metroid. But there are examples that some series got less good with new people making it. So it can count as a variable.
  • g1rldraco7 - August 31, 2013 11:21 p.m.

I'll track it for now, sounds interesting though.
  • dangomushi - August 31, 2013 10:48 p.m.

This looks mega cool, but I can't pledge anything until I know its available on mac or home consoles. I don't know how kickstarter tiers work, do you get everything offered at the lower tiers if you pay for a higher one? I think it's pretty crazy that if you pay $10,000 for a dinner with Inafune, you still need to pay for airfare and hotel. From the US that would cost about 2k itself.
  • BladedFalcon - August 31, 2013 10:58 p.m.

Well, on the bottom of the kickstarter page, it says that the stretch goal for mac is 1,350k, and 2,500k for all current gen consoles. So at least the Mac version seems pretty attainable considering how fats the kickstarter is already going. And if people like you interested on other versions chip in, it should go even faster and surer for the 2,500k goal ^^