• Telekinesis - September 17, 2008 3:42 a.m.

EdelweissPirate - 3 hours 42 minutes ago To say nothing of the content, wtf with the male-centered language? No wonder gamer geeks complain that they don't get laid. They flatly refuse to believe that girls play video games and therefore can't converse with them without prematurely ejaculating. Wanna be emasculated? Wait till you realize I was a better shot than you when I was 8. --- Get a clue that's like us going into the Cosmo magazine website and saying 'wtf's with all the female centric comments, like wtf' Or going into a farmers trade show and going 'like, wtf, whats with all the FARMERS' Hello McFly, Hello, oh, you wanted attention....SORRY. Next time why don't you try adding something to the conversation instead of disrespecting the main audience and I guarantee you'll be accepted, and you'll get the attention you crave to boot.
  • Telekinesis - September 17, 2008 3:27 a.m.

Wrong, auto regenerative health does not mean the game is easier per se. gears is designed around the concept. Enemies rush you after time so in effect you only have limited health. Play the game on insane, the way it was mean t to be played and you will understand. Lambent wretches low up and kill you in on hit and on the last level your stuck in a tiny train car with a dozen of them dropping from the ceiling.
  • Smeggs - September 17, 2008 3:07 a.m.

LOL Weird I ranted about the same thing with refillable health. "I just got shot in the face, so I stood behind a tree and all of the sudden I was ok again! What heppened to the gushing wound in my right eye socket? Is the tree magical? Or wait, my character must be GOD! I mean he did just heal a sniper bullet taking out a chunk of his brain."
  • Kehno - September 17, 2008 2:13 a.m.

EdelweissPirate: I also happen to be female. I also happen to be a gamer, as well. I don't mind if people writing games articles feel like catering the language towards men, because they /do/ play more games than women, thus they are more likely to be reading said articles. I don't expect people to cater to me just because I'm a girl. You shouldn't either. BUT ANYWAYS. Those captions were win. xD
  • IWUNapenguin - September 17, 2008 2:01 a.m.

the original super mario bros. didn't have a tutorial. just you. standing to the left of the screen. then, SHIT what's that coming right toward me? out of the four buttons on the pad, you figured out which one was the actionbutton. THAT was a tutorial. that's what it took to teach people how to play one of the most important and widely known games ever. super mario galaxy has TONS OF word balloons and other bullshit to tell you, "hey push the A button to jump" then we're showed, through un-skippable cut scene that there is something coming up that involves us to jump. then we are rewarded for just doing what the game simply told us to do. although i do disagree with auto saving part.
  • Amatarasu - September 17, 2008 1:45 a.m.

eh weren't they just complaining about games with no saves like a week ago?
  • KEEPFROMFREEZIN - September 17, 2008 1:27 a.m.

"hold me mother im scared"rofl
  • GamerGeekThatGetsLaid - September 17, 2008 12:50 a.m.

And McFarfingham - "not that hard" about DMC? Likely not #4, if you have a lot of time on your hands. The fact of the matter is that in this day and age, Americans - and humanity in general - have their lives ruled by their schedule, not the other way around. The games evolve to fit society - don't complain about the games, Mr. Author. Complain about society.
  • EdelweissPirate - September 16, 2008 11:55 p.m.

• cr1ms0n - September 16, 2008 11:47 p.m.

Alot of games today are easier... like assassins creed was way too damn easy, it should include a more challenging/extra controls for serious gamers. pac-man is still a hard game! but multiplayer is the way to go if you want a real challenge. as far as first person shooters go, tactics usually wins over auto aim. then theres games like tekken, it can be fun and challenging, but juggling people in the air for 3/4 of their life bar is just damn ridiculous. i think alot of the action games today need to focus on better movement. movement in most games just feels too restrictive.
  • londonjack - September 16, 2008 11:36 p.m.

mario sure as hell has gotton easier
  • infinite doo - September 16, 2008 11:19 p.m.

I would die w/o my autosave. if my comp crashes or I forget or hit the wrong button it can save me a few hours =). However, I agree about the rest; autolock F***s up my aim in FPSs because it locks on but I was trying to aim manually so my aim moves too far to one direction and I miss; regenerating health vs health bar doesnt faze me much, it just changes how far across the map I have to run to heal. I gotta say unskippable tutorials arent as bad as a missing tutorial in a game that needs to properly explain the controls (BF:BC left bumper = go? WTF!?). All in all I wouldnt say harder or easier, just different. Also, am I the only one who notices that all the games media has become REALLY jaded? yahtzee croshaw, gamesradar, and X-play have all lost the edge they used to have and have gone just as mainstream as the games they review (BF:Bad Company was not a good game, gamesradar!). I think this article really signifies how much you have become jaded and disillusioned. Im a pretty serious gamer, but destructible environments still amaze me and quicktime events have never bugged me. It doesnt bug me that all the reviewers have become this way, but I remember when we got excited about using dual analog sticks to aim or when you could press A to climb a small wall and wish for the wide-eyed enthusiasm we used to have for those little innovations
  • JimMcDosh - September 16, 2008 10:42 p.m.

Yeah I miss the good ole day when you had to tweak your machine to make the game work. Doom, Strife, Duke Nukem 3D etc..etc.. had to be a real geek to even get teh game to load and the sound to work. those were the days. Jiff http://www.FireMe.To/udi
  • EvoAnubis - September 16, 2008 9:32 p.m.

100% agree!
  • NERDRAGE - September 16, 2008 9:01 p.m.

lol this article is quite true the old games are harder than new ones pacman to gers of war which one is harder hm pacman
  • mfwahwah - September 16, 2008 8:14 p.m.

Hmm. If gaming is this easy now, I'd like to see some videos of you beating every "difficult" game on Hard out there with no problems ;)
  • Flowerbed - September 16, 2008 7:50 p.m.

That section on Scalable AI sounds just like the new South African Education System. "Does the adjudicators of school tests lower the pass mark for stupid kids so that everyone can get an A?"...uhhh...over here, sort of. hahaha. ridiculous. Sorry for the arb comment. I'm procrastinating
  • Amnesiac - September 16, 2008 7:37 p.m.

"Weren't you harder a minute ago?" "Yes, but I felt bad." Classic. Oh and I agree: bring on MM9, a REAL challenge!
  • Till - July 2, 2009 8:56 p.m.

Games become easy...all this Gears of War and other Halo shit with their health regen are like first doom with IDDQD xD