We Recommend

• CandiedJester - April 23, 2009 10:43 p.m.

I hope this one's story is as engrossing as the first. I can't wait to try out that drill. Hehe. I'm pre-ordering this game for sure.
  • Major_Wuss - April 23, 2009 10:39 p.m.

DRILLING SPREE!
  • ArrestedDeveloper - April 23, 2009 10:11 p.m.

I don't understand why Andrew Ryan is dead. The vita chambers were coded to Ryan's DNA, that's why you, his son, were able to be revived after dying and splicers weren't. Therefore when he died he should have been resurrected at the nearest vita chamber.
  • DawgsFan117 - April 23, 2009 9:56 p.m.

It will be great. The first is my favorite game to date and this one sounds just as good.
  • Dplunder - April 23, 2009 9:43 p.m.

Props to who ever thought of the big daddy thing anyway with the drill thingy mabey the designers will make it so you could impale someone and carry them out into the ocean. And there is a shark frenzy, that would be SICK P.S.Dplun wuz hear P.S.S. with Dontsayimfirst dude it is annoying but, if you still actually comment it's not a total waste
  • SgtDirtnap - April 23, 2009 7:09 p.m.

This is promising. I wasn't sure about how they'd handle continuing the story from a story with multiple endings -- I think their solution with the original character being a kind of messiah, with differing beliefs about who he was -- is pretty cool. I also like how your character will be more powerful, but the enemies will be smarter and more evolved. I think this game will be harder than the first -- it looks like combat will be more complex, and there will be different kinds of combat situations, not just walking into rooms and blazing away. My only issue with the game is that it looks like it's going to be largely the same setting, with the dark, blood-spattered metallic hallways, etc. etc. Am I the only one who's a little tired of this? Even though it makes sense in this game, it still feels kind of unimaginative. I would have loved a Bioshock prequel that took place in Rapture at its peak. I guess I'm just tired of every game of this kind being all dark and gloomy. Oh well. Maybe Bioshock 3.
  • LoneShaolin - April 23, 2009 6:58 p.m.

I think i just wet myself
  • DrRock - April 23, 2009 6:43 p.m.

“One Little Sister in particular did not, could not leave Rapture behind. She returns there, finds it in shambles and starts to show off these crazy powers that come from her growing up. She starts the cycle over again.” Anyone have any ideas on what this will entail? I was kinda on the fence about Bioshock 2 but after seeing the gameplay trailer and reading the story I'm quite intrigued about the game. I beat Bioshock 3 different times and I'm debating about going back to it again. Definitely worth playing through imo.
  • volrath46656 - April 23, 2009 6:21 p.m.

Is anyone else worried that this game might end up being even easier than the first one?
  • oryandymackie - April 23, 2009 6 p.m.

You play as a Big Daddy? But THAT means you'll be strong, heavily armoured, and speedy (how?) This will remove the fear factor of you just being some average guy whose plane crashes into the Atlantic and stumbles upon an abandoned lighthouse. The entire wonderment was there, as in, when you see that whale shark, and the plane crashes through the tunnel, that was a brown trouser right there. Maybe they could make it up to me by being able to stick a drill through some Splicers, with Fallout 3 slow-mo results please? RC: Slavonic pizzas
  • LtThunderpants - April 23, 2009 4:55 p.m.

Slight spoiler, maybe?:There was only one moment that I didn't like in the first BioShock: defending the little sister. If there's a ton of that in the sequel, I won't be happy. Otherwise, give me Rapture!
  • Amnesiac - April 23, 2009 3:02 p.m.

Forgive me if I'm still just a bit skeptical, but I am still looking forward to this very much. My prediction: still very good, but not instant classic like the first. Like RE5.
  • Luiman04 - April 23, 2009 1:38 p.m.

@xXHaloKillerXx i you had read carefully u would have read that it takes place ten years after the first game and that you're the first big daddy that was "released" from some type of sleep
  • Awesomeitude1523 - April 23, 2009 12:51 p.m.

Sash I am. I remember, the first time I saw a Big Daddy, just walking over to it, putting the controller down and saying "What are you" over and over loduly.
  • xXHaloKillerXx - April 23, 2009 12:10 p.m.

I played the first one but im not sure about playing this one.I heard it takes place before the first one with you playing as a prototype Big Daddy.It sounds cool but it could be stupid.
  • nai1210 - April 23, 2009 10:02 a.m.

Man Bioshock is one of my all time favourite games of all time,looking forward to this but can't help feel some things should just be left no cash in sequels etc...but feeling a bit more possitive after checking out this article,currently playing through the original again.
  • Dontsayimfirst - April 23, 2009 9:14 a.m.

if u see people saying im first ... PLEASE REPORT THEM !!!
  • AdrianVillalta - April 23, 2009 7:48 a.m.

would the story line be based more apon the good ending though or the bad one? and how can she start the cylce all over again