We Recommend

• DreamWeaverPL - September 11, 2010 4:25 a.m.

You could name a lot of games that had greater concepts and were executed even worse than those on this list. Which means that this list is really, really lousy.
  • FinderKeeper - September 11, 2010 4:19 a.m.

How could Nier possibly be badly executed with polygons like that? o.O Oh yeah... awesome graphics doesn't do it all by itself. Oh well, I can just gaze at that picture for a while... all by myself... 8-)
  • BlindMarksman - September 11, 2010 3:48 a.m.

Somebody finally mentions Call Of Cthulhu! (And Area 51 as an added bonus, AND IN THE SAME ARTICLE!) But i didn´t expect it to receive hate... I mean, the gameplay wasn´t the best, but neither was Resident Evil´s yet that one is highly regarded. In my opinion, It is one of the best horror games ever made. Not even Fatal Frame had the kind of atmosphere that Call of Cthulhu had... But, oh well... (By the way, i never experienced any bugs or the like, but it´s probably because i had the Xbox version)
  • Darkmessiah24 - September 11, 2010 2:44 a.m.

Some of those games like Fragile Dreams, Call of Cthullu, Scribblenauts and Nier aren't exactly bad but they could have been better though.
  • Samael - September 11, 2010 2:44 a.m.

I was really expecting Darkest of Days to be on this. What a goddamn BRILLIANT concept...and it sucked big fat balls.
  • theodyssey547 - September 11, 2010 1:53 a.m.

You forgot Aion.
  • triplesalmon - September 11, 2010 1:36 a.m.

You know, me and my friend spent ungodly amount of hours on Area 51. During our 5th and 6th grade years, we played it to the end some four times, collecting every little file and video and scannable item and relishing in every detail of the games little lore. Despite the poor critical reception, the game is still special to me, and the cliffhanger ending still annoys me on occasion to this day.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - September 11, 2010 12:58 a.m.

My opinion, not yours: I thought The Conduit was fairly disappointing, but I blame the hype for that. The idea was nice(a well executed FPS on the Wii that pushes the power of the machine to its limits), but the execution was meh.
  • ProfessorBonk - September 11, 2010 12:53 a.m.

Sorry Jim, I have to strongly disagree about CoC: DCotE as well as Fragile Dreams and Nier. I had a great time playing them. Sure, they would have been better being released a generation earlier, but that's part of what makes them so charming and fun to play. I adored the atmosphere and slow pace of Fragile Dreams. I loved the clunky point-and-click-meets-fps feel of CoC. And I enjoyed to badly-made, senseless, over-the-top aspects of Nier. In terms of professionalism, they're bad games. But in the eyes of a gamer who wants to be immersed in an experience, they're all perfect. Could have been better, true, but didn't really have to be.
  • nemesisuprising - September 11, 2010 12:39 a.m.

I really like nier :(
  • shadowreaper72 - September 11, 2010 12:24 a.m.

You guys forgot about Darkest of Days time traveling back to past conflicts with futureistic weaonry was an awesome idea. Too bad the developer 8 Monkey Labs sucks balls
  • Metroidhunter32 - September 11, 2010 12:09 a.m.

I still intend to get Fragile Dreams, it's just fallen low on my list.
  • Stabby_Joe - September 11, 2010 12:04 a.m.

Now now, I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of Call of Cthulhu. Poor graphics and somewhat clunky gameplay, sure but the story and atmosphere was (unlike some games) enough to get over the technical short comings.
  • Cyberninja - September 10, 2010 11:44 p.m.

metroid other m
  • Tenfey - September 10, 2010 11:43 p.m.

Why must games be so disappointing?
  • gamingfreak - September 10, 2010 11:38 p.m.

I think I'm the only person who likes Nier.
  • TDUBBS - September 10, 2010 11:33 p.m.

*I'll NEVER forget choosing it over Gears 2.
  • TDUBBS - September 10, 2010 11:32 p.m.

Fracture would fit well on this list. All the surface-morphing business was cool, but it played like ass. I'll forget choosing it over Gears 2.
  • mattrickhoffman - September 10, 2010 11:29 p.m.

Stretch Panic. That's all I have to say.
  • FauxFurry - September 10, 2010 11:18 p.m.

^Blast it,I meant 'botch'! How about a list of Great Games,Idiotic Concepts?