• insertdisk - May 24, 2011 8:44 p.m.

Loved this article and is a great list of some of the great stuff. Just recently started playing GTA4 and so much would be lost with a white aryan superman.
  • animeman - May 24, 2011 8:43 p.m.

I absolutely love the MW Codex and if every online multi-player copied Halos format every game would be a 10/10
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - May 24, 2011 8:26 p.m.

@centrip Portal is a part of the Half-Life universe, and we've gotten two of those masterpieces while waiting for more Gordon Freeman. Not a bad deal at all.
  • AngryScotsman - May 24, 2011 8:25 p.m.

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum's collectibles to such an extent that it is the only game that I have bothered to 100% without the use of a guide. It was great to hear the Riddler break down as you bested him.
  • centrip - May 24, 2011 8:23 p.m.

Nope, sorry. Activision can churn out MW's for EVER if it likes, while we wait about for more half life. Seriously, how many people who love the HL universe will die of old age before the story's conclusion?!
  • erikslev - May 24, 2011 8:23 p.m.

Good article. Maybe developers will take note!
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - May 24, 2011 8:15 p.m.

Yeah, the Halo entry pretty much sums up why I really love those games. Reach's single player was good, but a little disappointing. The utter wealth of their multiplayer options though, is truly amazing. I know a lot of people write off the series because they don't really care about multiplayer in games (probably picturing something like Call of Duty), but they're missing out on a huge swath of gameplay that can't be found anywhere else. Just watch the HORSE games played by the Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter guys. The game isn't as robust as something like Little Big Planet, but it's still truly amazing and completely unmatched by other shooters or FPS games in general.
  • juicenpancakes - May 24, 2011 8:14 p.m.

I COMPLETELY agree with the Arkham Asylum collectibles. I used to always enjoy getting all the random collectibles in games, but I have cared less and less about them recently. But games like AA have rekindled that collecting fire.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - May 24, 2011 8:04 p.m.

I don't get why people hate on Halo. If it's playstation fanboys, they should just fuck off. Killzone sucks, the only game that could rival Halo would be God of War. Not even Uncharted.
  • H2A2I00 - May 24, 2011 8:03 p.m.

Excellent list I think you have exacted the finest things that could be transferred to any genre. I also feel that competitors should start copying how companies like BioWare and the guys behind Bioshock write stories in games. Its the thing that seperates a good game from a great one.
  • batmanboy11 - May 24, 2011 8 p.m.

This is a damn fine list.
  • Clovin64 - May 24, 2011 7:29 p.m.

Personally, I'd love to see a JRPG like Final Fantasy take some cues from recent WRPG's, like Oblivion's open world freedom and non-linearity, or Mass Effect's dialogue system.
  • Security77 - May 24, 2011 7:20 p.m.

Bungie FTW!
  • PolarBearsInHeat - May 24, 2011 7:18 p.m.

Mass effect's codex was a bitch before I had HD, but then when i got the tv i spent about three days reading everything in ME 1 & 2