• CH3BURASHKA - October 26, 2010 11:43 p.m.

Yes! Amazing entry, Carolyn. Pokemon Red/Blue were the only games I owned for GBC, and Lavender Town was one of the more memorable places. The urban legend is pretty creepy, too. I can't wait to hear about young children killing themselves after listening to the Talkradar HalloweenCast.
  • MrSuitMan - October 26, 2010 10:56 p.m.

The backwords one actually reminds of something like a drama/romantic movie when the dude dies and the girl is like "NOOOOOOO!" and the sad orchestral music plays in the back. Yeah.
  • JohnnyApplesperm - October 26, 2010 10:24 p.m.

Ah, I love this song. I never played Pokemon R/B until I was 15, loooong after they released, so this song never really scared me, but I enjoy listening to it for its creepy beauty (enhanced by that weird urban legend which, though it probably isn't, I like to think is true)
  • GamesRadarMichaelGrimm - October 26, 2010 10:17 p.m.

;ಠ_ಠ
  • lovinmyps3 - October 26, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Pokemon Red remains my favorite handheld game of all time!
  • BroGamer - October 26, 2010 9:24 p.m.

Damn, does this scare the shit out of me! I think I'll play Zombies On Your Lawn to cheer me up. But, um, is this shit true, cause %50 says its bullshit and %50 says I'm going to die of craziness.
  • listerinemarine - October 26, 2010 9:20 p.m.

Oh my god. That backwards version makes me really sad...
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - October 26, 2010 8:43 p.m.

i want to vomit
  • TylerMightyman - October 26, 2010 8:16 p.m.

I Regret Reading this...Dx
  • batmanboy11 - October 26, 2010 8:13 p.m.

Jesus, that's creepy...
  • sleepy92ismypsn - October 26, 2010 7:59 p.m.

Wow, thank you Carolyn for finally featuring Pokemon Red/Blue on GMOTD. Pokemon Red is my 3rd favorite game of all time. I'm planning on buying another copy so I can play it through again for the first time in many years. I love the music in this game. The lavender town music is cool but I prefer the more upbeat pokemon music. I never knew all of that about the Lavender town music. I always thought that song was really eerie but I didn't know it caused kids to commit suicide. I had the US version but I don't remember the Lavender town music being that echoey as the altered version. The first video you posted sounds more like what I remember but I never had any bad side affects, it just kinda creeped me out when I was a kid.
  • PlainLikeVanilla - October 26, 2010 7:54 p.m.

The altered version sounds like it has higher notes than the original to me... Maybe my ears are just screwed up.
  • newwavebossanova - October 26, 2010 7:49 p.m.

That legend sounds like a case of cool story, bro. I wish registration on that forum wasn't closed so I could join just to say that. Also, I don't hear the difference between the two other than the sorta of echo-y effect on the red/blue version.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - October 26, 2010 7:44 p.m.

WOW. That backwards version would be right at home playing in Silent Hill or something. The Red and Green version is mostly annoying compared to scary, but I completely forgot it sounded like that. The backwards version is really awesome though, I've gotta show my friends that.
  • juicenpancakes - October 26, 2010 7:40 p.m.

That single screenshot at the top brings back so many memories. Wow. I really need to play this now.
  • Felixthecat - October 26, 2010 7:36 p.m.

I used to turn off the volume of my GameBoy when I went to Lavender Town, not so much because it scared me, but because it got on my nerves a lot.
  • samgardner94 - October 26, 2010 7:34 p.m.

the track from red and green sounded awful and really high-pitched, i genuinely have a splitting headache now
  • CancerMan - October 26, 2010 7:32 p.m.

Creppy tune takes me back. An awesome remix by OverClocked: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01650/
  • shnazzyone - October 26, 2010 7:30 p.m.

oooooo spooky. LOved hearing it backwards. That was genuinely disturbing. It's like something you'd hear coming from a old record player when you have stumbled upon the old dingy domicile of a psychopath.
  • ghost_513 - October 26, 2010 7:29 p.m.

Oh my god, I was totally creeped out by the backwards version of the song. Makes Revolution 9 by the Beatles sound like a lullaby!!!!