• GamerTagsSuck - July 11, 2009 1:44 p.m.

Two things. One, what is this for? I saw a mention of the button 'x' so I'm hoping X-box. Two, who the duece IS Marilyn Mason. I have about... 4 faces that I've seen people call him and truthfully, I'm confused.
  • kryptkeeper666 - July 11, 2009 8:07 a.m.

Tht game also looks pree good, i'll play it fer sure. P.S. Marilyn Manson Kicks Ass!
  • kryptkeeper666 - July 11, 2009 8:03 a.m.

What the hell is wrong with Manson? hes friggin amazing, Amazing look and and EXCEPTIONAL voice
  • cart00n - July 11, 2009 7:57 a.m.

What I forgot to mention is actually pretty funny. This particular MM song is actually a mockery of marketing and demographics. You can read the lyrics at this address: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/marilynmanson/thisisthenewshit.html This reminds me of that Target commercial that used Devo's "It's a Beautiful World", a song also gloriously, hilariously, used out of context. What this trailer IS is a brilliant example of marketers not doing their research - whilst showing off their "new shit" to their intended audience, they used a song making FUN of new shit, INSULTING their intended audience. That makes me grin. =)
  • cart00n - July 11, 2009 7:30 a.m.

Hmm. I'm 40. I grew up listening to everything from Peter, Paul, and Mary, John Denver, Bowie, Tull, Queen, Maiden, Priest, MJ, Stevie, Steely Dan, Oingo Boingo, Eurythmics, U2, Depeche Mode, Sex Pistols... Y'know, the classics. There's more, but, y'know... I was not previously made aware that I was supposed to think Marilyn Manson was "wack", that only "the kids" was supposed to be into him. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Tell me, when was it that good, clever lyrics (celebrating creativity whilst poking fun at the establishment) and fun, crunchy guitar licks had gone out of style? Not to mention incredibly original and daring covers of truly classic songs bent to a wholly new aesthetic that curiously still fit the lyrics like a tight little black dress? Hmm. I guess that means acts like CAKE, Vampire Weekend and Metallica suck, too. Wow. 'Wonder what I should listen to, now? Any suggestions? You may mock MM all you want, Mr. Ryan, but please do not assume that you speak for your entire demographic when you do. Everyone has their own musical tastes, and good, thoughtful music created by singular artists has no demographic to speak of (please note I am not describing "music" created by corporations and marketing groups, tho' they do like use music to pigeon-hole the population, which is an entirely different matter I won't go into here). Just because MM IS popular with the kids, doesn't mean his music isn't appreciated by us old folks, too. Your opinions are valid, just not shared by everybody who reads you. Rush Limbaugh's audience is a pretty narrow demo, his opinions ARE the opinions of his audience. Not so you, your audience is pretty diverse - or have you not been paying attention? Feel free to share your opinions, but try not to alienate your audience by suggesting what type of music they should not be into. It's simply unprofessional journalism. That said, I SO want this game!
  • HowardRoark - July 11, 2009 6:31 a.m.

All hail BioWare.
  • AnonymouZ - July 10, 2009 11:20 p.m.

I saw the hands on review at G4 and the guy tried to compare/complain that inventory boxes didn't look like WoW enough. Did you guys have problems making sense of your equips? And, OF COURSE KIDS LOVE MARILYN MANSON. That is... twenteen atheist, smartypants, dopeheads, arrogant, selfish twenteen kids that is. I don't see how that music was wrong. I've read SO many people bitching about it, but really. It's just there to emphasize the kickassery. Kinda like when the spartans had that heavy metal riff on the second day/wave of persians against them. Any of you remember that scene? xD Anywho, this game is gonna ROCK so bad, it doesn't matter anyway!
  • Starplatinum - July 10, 2009 9:21 p.m.

THANK YOU PAUL RYAN! Baldur's Gate being one of my favorite pc rpgs as well (NWN was good too) I have been looking forward to this game alot. Ii was kind of sad when the game was viewed a bit negatively since E3 and was feeling sad about it. I'm all about character creation and I'm really looking forward to a great story in what seems to be a well polished game.