We Recommend

• lazer59882 - May 31, 2012 10:43 a.m.

ugh. fuck dark souls. never have i seen a game SOLELY about memorizing enemy placement get so much fucking hype as this game's gotten. it's getting REALLY old. i bet 3290458 to 1 the new "content" is just gonna be more brown grey areas, more cheap enemies, and more memorization of their patterns and placement to beat them. fuckit.
  • malypso - May 31, 2012 10:21 p.m.

Umm... WTF r you talking about? Every single game has pre-scripted enemy placement!Demon/Dark Souls, is a game where dying is part of the experience. Instead of being punished by it, you learn from it. If your fortunate enough to have online while playing, then your able to see bloodstains on the ground where someone else died as a warning so you don't make the same mistakes he or she made. It takes a lot of patients and skill to master a unique game like that, thus I conclude that its not for everyone. Most gamers are so pacified by linear games, that hold your hand telling you what to do next, Dark Souls is nothing like that. Dark Souls gives you the freedom to explore and choose your path as you please. I just got a platinum trophy for Demon's Souls and am about 80% on Dark Souls and it felt great! I've been playing games since since 1988 and this game truly feels like a classic old-school game. We didn't have checkpoint around every corner and when you died, you had to do it again. Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Mario, Wizards and Warriors, and many more were built on this formula and were praised for it! You have every right not to like this game, but why target yourself and bash a game because you don't like it? IMHO, Demon/Dark Souls are two of the greatest games this generation and I hope that Fromsoftware decides to keep making these types of games as they are many people like myself that actually love a challenge.
  • lazer59882 - June 1, 2012 12:25 p.m.

good for you. glad you spent all that time typing that out for me.
  • TheHowetzer - June 1, 2012 8:46 p.m.

Ur on the wrong side of this lazer. These are great games and rewarding as well, worth the time they take, like anything good in This life. What do you want the game to do man? randomly generate BOTH enemy positions and give them each individual A.I. so you never see the same attack pattern twice? get reAL BRo. Also please name me a game such as this that you seem to need to be able to pass your "smell test" because im pretty sure that it doesnt exist. I will await the title of this game in your response. That is all.
  • lazer59882 - June 3, 2012 11:20 a.m.

nope. it's just ridiculous that this game gets no criticism whatsoever for the fact that it's based entirely on running through the same areas over and over and over and over facing the exact same enemies in the exact same locations over and over and over and over and over. sure, enemy placement is consistent in most games, but most games don't make you run through the same areas over and over, constantly unfairly 1-hit killing you, and punishing you everytime you save your game or level up. i await you to stop following my comments, if you can't understand what i'm talking about.
  • TheHowetzer - June 3, 2012 1:20 p.m.

yeah you do have to run through the same areas...but thats your choice man, you can finish this game without even going to around half of the zones in it...or you can really tear into them all and try to perfect them and get everything out of them, its up to your choice. This game can be completed at the lowest starting level man, it tells you this game is all about the way you play it. You cant learn new tricks and tips if you dont keep trying right? Also I think that alot of very successful games are the same way, I would think you could agree with me that World of Warcraft is a very succesful game yes? Well I dont play it myself but I know the type of game it is and I GAURANTEE there are MILLIONS of people playing through the SAME zones ALL DAY LONG. Dont get snippy with me man when your dead fucking wrong. Obvioulsy you didnt like the game, great time to move on man. Im not saying you sucked at it and whatnot it just didnt "do it" for you, it doesnt mean its a bad game right? Just a bad game for YOU.
  • lazer59882 - June 3, 2012 8:02 p.m.

huh. you admit i'm right, then say i'm "dead fucking wrong." to be honest, i don't know what you're talking about, or how its possible to be both, but i don't give a fuck. as you said, time to move on man. none of it matters.
  • lazer59882 - June 3, 2012 8:09 p.m.

but my point still stands. if you're dense enough to not understand and acknowledge the objective fact of what i'm saying, whether or not you like it, then i VERY strongly suggest you stop following my comments, and possibly find someone else to follow whose opinions are more in line with your own. "don't get snippy with me" might just be my favorite line of the year. like i said, if you don't like my opinions, and can't bear my "snippy" rebuttals of yours, then time to "move on man", and stop following me.
  • TheHowetzer - June 4, 2012 4:10 a.m.

Dude, I made your point INVALID. Are you too dense to understand that? YOU DONT HAVE TO RUN THROUGH THE SAME ZONES OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Does it help to see it in caps? I am sorry you didnt understand what I was saying, perhaps I didnt dumb it down enough? Either way it sounds like your issue, not mine. I said that you have to run through the same zones IF YOU CHOOSE TO. This game can be completed at character level 1. WITHOUT going to over half of its zones. You say your point still stands and that somehow I am the dense one because you say so? You have utterly FAILED to prove your point here man. I VERY strongly suggest you try to get a point across with actual information and facts instead of just saying what you say is true. Why would I want to follow people whos views are more in line with my own? Where is the fun in that? I would urge you to follow me and learn how to make a point because apparently you do not possess that skill yet.
  • TheHowetzer - June 4, 2012 6:30 a.m.

@lazer P.S. Look, I apologize for getting a little too hot in my last post, but how does it feel to be told what to do? I never told you what to do and I REALLY take issue with people trying to tell me what to do. We can have our own oppinions on this stuff...and OBVIOUSLY we do, but dont sit there and try to tell me what to do bro, you worry about your SELF ok? Thanks. I would still re-state that you have failed to prove ANY point in your ramblings, but like I said we have our different oppinions here and I doubt we will get anywhere. With that said I will just say this, I will follow and reply/think who and what I want and you should certainly do the same, but dont try to tell anyone what they should do man, let them figure it out for themselves. If you really think YOU are the one who should be LETTING people know what to think and who to follow you need to take a look in the mirror friend.
  • lazer59882 - June 4, 2012 10:43 a.m.

not one, but TWO overlong rambling comments! whatever you say man. this has gotten WAY off topic, and I don't care to keep discussing nonsense. so what do I have to say here to make you stop replying on this? you win? okay, way to go, you win, you're a better Internet arguer. whatever, but if you're gonna keep not talking about games and talking about being respected on the internet, then it's beyond time to move on.
  • TheHowetzer - June 4, 2012 5:26 p.m.

lol ur funny man. im not looking to win anything here, and until you felt the need to tell me what to do man all i was talking about here was the game darksouls, but go ahead man, lol take your ball and go home.
  • Pooka - May 31, 2012 11:24 a.m.

Rofl, "memorizing enemy placement"... I just picked the game back up after 6 months of not playing it and did fine. And the enemies aren't cheap, you just need to be better.
  • lazer59882 - May 31, 2012 12:12 p.m.

thats called memorization , idiot. you remembered where the enemies were, cause you fucking played it already. do you really not grasp that? and if by "be better" you mean that i need to have more time on my hands to run through arbitrary monster gauntlets in dull brown grey environments over and over just to memorize their patterns and placement so i can go about not calling them cheap, then i agree with you. but i doubt that's what you meant.
  • Pooka - June 3, 2012 10:50 a.m.

No, it's called having half a brain and walking around with your shield up. And by "be better", I mean you need to not be terrible. You tell me how the enemies were "being cheap", and I can tell you how you could have avoided it. Apparently you weren't "Prepared to Die" ;)
  • SpadesSlick - May 31, 2012 11:24 a.m.

They are only cheap if you don't know what the hell you are doing.
  • BladedFalcon - May 31, 2012 12:08 p.m.

Wow, this was unexpected, as they had previously announced that there would be no DLC for this game. Well, it's still quite a bit away, so we'll see, but if it does add more worthy lenght and gameplay value to the game, I'll consider getting it ^^
  • MetroidPrimeRib - May 31, 2012 12:51 p.m.

CDPR did it for free. From Software is shitty.
  • bboyd - May 31, 2012 1:04 p.m.

CDPR wasn't being published by Namco Bandai, either.
  • BladedFalcon - May 31, 2012 1:19 p.m.

There is just no pleasing you, is there.
  • ChaosEternal - June 2, 2012 8:16 p.m.

Not quite, on a rare occasion Metroid does seem pleased, or at least neutral. That seems to happen 1/10 times though. :P
  • malypso - May 31, 2012 2:36 p.m.

I'm so damn glad it's coming to consoles, I almost thought that PC players were only getting it. I'm about to platinum Demons Souls after 1 more trophy and Dark Souls after a few more. I can't wait to get more areas, different enemy types and bosses. Thanks Fromsoftware!
  • NanoElite666 - May 31, 2012 10:38 p.m.

Oh hell yes. Time to clean off the ol' zweihander and get ready to stab my way through Lordran again.