• MrSuitMan - August 25, 2011 11:56 a.m.

Thank you. Thank you so much for this. Jak II is one of my most influential games and thank you for recognizing it.
  • Ben Tyrer - August 25, 2011 11:25 p.m.

My pleasure!
  • MrSuitMan - August 25, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Whoever wrote this, Thank You. Thank You so much. Jak II is one of my most influencial games, and I thank you for giving it recognition.
  • absolutemarc - August 25, 2011 11:39 a.m.

Personally, Jak 2 was the reason I started to hate the Jak and Daxter series. I didn't care for the gun combat and the vehicle mechanics made me cringe. I managed to stick around until the 3rd game but, to be honest, I'm glad there really hasn't been any sort of revival of the series. Though I wouldn't say no to a HD remake of the first game.
  • CombatCat120 - August 25, 2011 10:29 a.m.

I started out on the PS2 with this game. Definitely my favourite PS2 trilogy, next to Sly Cooper and Prince of Persia
  • NanoElite666 - August 25, 2011 10:27 a.m.

My first experience with the Jak series was X, so I never really had any magical "Ooh wow" moments when I got to playing Jak II. Although I must admit that I do immensely enjoy where the game took the setting, as even though I don't really have any problems with the more primitive setting of Precursor Legacy, I find the future setting from II onwards much more interesting. One issue I will always have with the game though lies in its gunplay, namely the fact that you can't strafe in any fashion and keep your gun pointed in one direction while moving in another. Ratchet managed to kick that bad habit by his second game, but Jak unfortunately is still at it as of Lost Frontier.
  • jack-carver - August 25, 2011 4:04 p.m.

I thought the lack of strafing made the combat more fun as it made you have to combo off enemies up close and personal while still giving you the Umph of a big ole gun
  • NanoElite666 - August 25, 2011 9:51 p.m.

Coming off of having played other games that allowed strafing while shooting (since I didn't get into the series until '06), I found it to be a bit of an annoyance.
  • MeabhieD - August 25, 2011 10:16 a.m.

I still have Jak II <3
  • Thequestion 121 - August 25, 2011 10:09 a.m.

I would love an HD collection of the Jak and Daxter series. Come on Naughty Dog, you can do it!
  • BoxingMarco - August 25, 2011 10:07 a.m.

Jak II is one of my all time favorite games!!!
  • bigwill1221 - August 25, 2011 10:03 a.m.

Wtb jak HD for ps3
  • Crypto140 - August 25, 2011 10:02 a.m.

I remeber playing this as a kid, it was great. It was such a step up from Jak and Daxter, and I wonder if there will be a Jak 4?
  • Ben Tyrer - August 25, 2011 10:22 a.m.

Doubtful, as Naughty Dog seem pretty committed to Uncharted, which is no bad thing indeed.
  • Channel4 - August 25, 2011 9:49 a.m.

I love this game. I really don't understand why Jak 3 was never held in as high regard as Jak II though. It's an improvement in every way and has a lot more variety. I'd probable say Jak3 is one of my favourite games way ahead of JakII.
  • ABACADA6494 - August 25, 2011 9:56 a.m.

Jak 3 was never held in as high regard because it was a bit too repetitive, and in my opinion a lot easier. although the driving and new weapons in Jak 3 were all good and fun, everything kinda just becomes drive here, do that, jump over this, kill enemies. Jak II was a lot more varied with some of the missions. Also the story in Jak 3, while good, couldn't really match Jak II's story
  • Channel4 - August 25, 2011 10:05 a.m.

Well tbh I prefered the story in Jak 3. Also everything in JakII was essentially drive here, do that; just Jak 3 had more weapons, more powers and the desert bits instead of being stuck in Haven for the whole game. I really don't understand how it's any more repetitive than II. It's definitely a lot easier though.
  • ThePrivateer - August 25, 2011 9:38 a.m.

Ah... Whoops... Sorry for the quadruple post, I'm used to the comments being on the bottom...
  • ThePrivateer - August 25, 2011 9:36 a.m.

Great to see Jak and Daxter getting some love. One of my all-time favorite series, gotta say Jak III is my favorite. Anyone ever play the Lost Frontier? I've been curious about it, kind of apprehensive because it's not Naughty Dog.
  • NanoElite666 - August 25, 2011 10:13 a.m.

It depends on who you ask. It's not up to the standard of Naughty Dog's PS2 series, but I still enjoyed it in the end. On the other hand, I know a lot of the fandom vehemently despises the game and will not hesitate to remind anyone of the fact.
  • robertpopovic - August 25, 2011 9:20 a.m.

Looking at the screenshots it's interesting to see that the game still holds up well, perhaps due to the cartoony graphics. To be frank, I've always kinda thought that the Dreamcast and mostly the Playstation 2 are the pinnacle of graphics upgrade. Of course, the 360 and PS3 have better graphics, stunning facial animations, etc. But the leap from the PS2 is by far not as large as the last leap from PS1, Saturn and N64 was.