We Recommend

• shawksta - April 2, 2013 4:55 p.m.

This is a great list, some are definitley hitting the nail. There are some exceptions and some are circumstantial but otherwise great list that Infinite shows.
  • Redeater - April 2, 2013 4:12 p.m.

I'll never understand the people who complain about a perfect game being "too short" or having to replay ability. (Actually I do and I'm guessing it has to do with them being a bunch of whinny, entitled brats) I've played through this game 3 times already. Hard, 1999, and easy for the remaining achievements and a better grasp of the story. When the DLC comes out I plan on putting couple more runs through with that plus an additional run on my PC with max graphics when it comes to steam cheap. How does she horning in a mediocre multiplayer or pointless grinds help improve a game? The only complaint I would make is the lack of a new game+ because I love going ape shit with all the powers. Even so that would be more of a constructive criticism rather than a complaint. Also, I don't know if it was 1999 specific but getting tails on that run was pretty great. No replay value indeed!
  • ventanger - April 2, 2013 4:25 p.m.

You got tails? Whuuu?
  • Redeater - April 2, 2013 4:49 p.m.

Damn. I have a super great Dark Tower reference I could use right now but will hold off for spoilers sake. I do believe it was heads 117 tails 0 on the board. If you understand the story it's pretty significant to flip a tails.
  • TCMU287 - April 2, 2013 9:41 p.m.

The Dark Tower! That was the other book the game reminded me of. I would say that reading that series and Michael Crichton's Timeline really helped me grasp what was actually going on in Columbia.
  • obviouslyadouche - April 2, 2013 4:36 p.m.

I'm going to be super bummed not having charge for a long while when I go through the game again, It was basically the only vigor I used throughout the whole game once I got it.
  • Redeater - April 2, 2013 4:53 p.m.

Fuck! Damn iPhone. That reply went to the wrong person. Oddly enough rush was the only one I didn't use. I just wished they used a spray effect or snap finger ignite like in the first two games for the devils kiss. I really didn't like the grenade feel to it. But that was probably just me.
  • ventanger - April 2, 2013 3:32 p.m.

For the people complaining Infinite is too short, you do know that there's free DLC coming out, right? Anyways, Bioshock: Infinite is a standard-bearer for compelling, quality storytelling in videogames. Elizabeth was such a well defined character, that I'm almost afraid we're going to start seeing copycats of her ad-nausium. You know a character is likable when you can't even hate after she ***** you in ******* as a way to ******** the ***********
  • freeden - April 2, 2013 3:28 p.m.

I agree with most of these, but my one big complaint with BioShock Infinite is actually kind of a compliment: the game is so good, it seems to not be long enough. And in that sense, it doesn't feel quite complete. There are a number of things we're left only to guess at. The story behind this game is so massive, with a huge lore, that when we finally get to the end and learn the truth about everything, it becomes apparent that there is so much more going on that we are never really privy to. I think, in this case, Columbia warrants a return. There is so much I want to know about these characters and the creation of this city that we really only get a taste of. Where BioShock 2 created a new story that took place after the original, I think that another BioShock: Infinite designed as a prequel would be a great companion to this game, so as to explain certain things that I think deserve some explanation. So in this case, a tad bit of repetition and sticking around with Columbia might be a good idea. It would also be nice to see another game last more than 8-10 hours.