• aequitas13 - April 18, 2012 8:14 p.m.

No Flashback?! Rough...
  • SouthTippBass - March 6, 2014 9 a.m.

Flashback is at number 9.
  • Pogogacy - April 18, 2012 1:04 p.m.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles eclipses the terminally overrated Sonic 2 in every conceivable way and should top this list. To be fair, I guess the people compiling the list probably thought of them as two separate games in which case their exclusion is understandable. There is no excuse for Landstalker not to be on here though.
  • iHateFatPeople - April 18, 2012 12:26 p.m.

Sunset Riders
  • cosmicshambles - April 18, 2012 12:20 p.m.

No Flashback or Another World/Out of This World on this or the SNES list. Boo.
  • mothbanquet - April 18, 2012 7:27 a.m.

Sorry, but I found Vectorman horrible... Thunder Force IV, however, was one of the best games of its generation and with a friggin' awesome soundtrack that still rocks.
  • winner2 - April 18, 2012 4:16 a.m.

I was really hoping to see Greendog on here! Oh well, at least ya'll got vectorman and sonic.
  • goncalo-ferreira - April 18, 2012 3:55 a.m.

Not even one Shmup?
  • CoruptAI125 - April 18, 2012 1:07 a.m.

There is a blatant lack of E-Swat on this list. I'm not saying its top ten but it's definitely top 25.
  • Zeos - April 18, 2012 12:52 a.m.

Glad to see Ristar getting some recognition, I used to love that game as a kid.
  • chrisbg99 - April 18, 2012 12:01 a.m.

No Rocket Knight Adventures? You silly people.
  • padawanguru - April 17, 2012 7:49 p.m.

The Immortal.
  • MouseKlok - April 17, 2012 7:41 p.m.

This article is severely lacking in Toejam & Earl
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - April 17, 2012 6:24 p.m.

I loved my Genesis. Not sure why my parents got me that instead of SNES especially since my first console was the NES. But anyway, Ristar is AMAZING I played that game to death.
  • G0523 - April 17, 2012 6:12 p.m.

Never heard of Ranger X but it looks interesting. Too bad it's not available on the current consoles. Looks like I gotta hit my local games store.
  • HumorTumor - April 18, 2012 6:10 a.m.

I had Ranger X. It was pretty damn amazing. Well worth hunting down and playing.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 17, 2012 6:03 p.m.

I completely agree with this list especially with Sonic 2, Phantasy Star IV, and Shining Force II up so high. Funny thing is all 3 are in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection so all the young kids can finally play some classic games!
  • IceBlueKirby - April 17, 2012 6 p.m.

With Gunstar Heroes and a RPG taking the top two spots, it's hard to believe Light Crusader isn't on there somewhere. But I'm glad to see Vectorman and Beyond Oasis get a mention, among the more obvious choices.
  • thesteve2 - April 17, 2012 5:48 p.m.

Gunstar heroes was the best. I remember playing that game for hours because no saving meant you had to start from the beginning. Thank You!
  • Rowdie - April 17, 2012 5:46 p.m.

Ah you must be kidding. Super Street Fighter on the Genesis but not the SNES? It was much better on the SNES and kind of almost stank on the Genesis. No Herzog Zwei makes me think no one writing the article had pubes when the Genesis was out. Nice call on NHL '94. Even lacking the fighting it's the best version. Not a single football title? Bill Walsh '95. Not a single Strike title? Desert Strike. Kid Chameleon could have replaced any number of the platformers that were included. No bomberman to be found on any list yet. Maybe for the TG-16. That can be a short list; Bonk, Bomberman.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 12:40 a.m.

Totally with you on Kid Chameleon, now that was a hell of a game.