• Darkhawk - December 17, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Journey is, as of this date, the Greatest Work of Art in gaming history. Too bad GR - which has done so well to champion thatgamecompany in the past - wasn't courageous enough to give it the top award this year.
  • Child Of Death - December 17, 2012 1 p.m.

Or maybe it was the fact that , I duuno, The Walking Dead is just better overall?
  • Exiled Reaper - December 17, 2012 11:31 a.m.

ME3 for me. I'm one of the few who didn't really have a problem with the ending. I mean sure, it felt a little underdone but it still finished off with grace what was one of the greatest trilogies in gaming history (and in fact, if it were possible I'd make room for a technicality and just say the whole trilogy is the game of the year). Not suprised TWD topped the list. When I first saw it in action in trailers and so on, I was not entirely convinced by it. The art style didn't particularly appeal to me at first and the interactivity scheme (the way you move a four-button cursor around to interact) looked like it might take some getting used to. However when I finally made that first 400MS purchase, I was completely blown away. It's original, fresh and has an interactive storyline that takes into account every single decision you make. It's genuinely a brilliant game.
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 17, 2012 10:33 a.m.

My vote is for Mass Effect 3, but I'm only through Episode 2 of The Walking Dead, and haven't played anything else on the list of finalists. I've started Dishonored, but only barely. Probably going to start over and just kill everyone. Seems more fun to me.
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 17, 2012 10:34 a.m.

Also, I definitely called that they would choose this last week, not that it was incredibly surprising.
  • austin128 - December 17, 2012 10:32 a.m.

The only games released this year I was able to play were AssCreeThree and Black Ops II. AssCreeThree for me!
  • DRAGONJ - December 17, 2012 10:20 a.m.

They picked the right one given what they had.
  • Jeff the Fridge - December 17, 2012 10:17 a.m.

Let's be honest, who actually thought Darksiders II was going to be game of the year? Seriously!?!?!
  • GamerTom27 - December 1, 2012 5:25 a.m.

Must say I agree with this vote: http://www.btoe.com/lists/best-2012-video-game-on-earth Well, the top 2 anyway. Mass Effect 3 and Dishonored would be my 1 and 2. Hitman would be 3rd.
  • Evanesco - July 1, 2012 8 p.m.

I think 1 and 2 should be switched. Rockstar really knows how to make the most of their writers and the Euphoria Engine. I can't wait to see Multiplayer for GTA V, and I've never looked forward to a game because of multiplayer. I hate competitive multiplayer, but MP3's is the only one I've enjoyed this much.
  • ARCHANGEL309 - July 3, 2012 8:56 p.m.

^this
  • Darkarm66 - June 29, 2012 1:37 p.m.

No mention of Xenoblade Chronicles? This list has got to be f'n kidding...
  • tehtimeisnow - June 29, 2012 4:03 a.m.

all these ganes suck there so stuped and were is modern warefare 3 list cuz thats defiently the most best game ever of all time
  • eboyfly - June 29, 2012 1:54 p.m.

MW3 was 2011 and I think it would be beneficial for you to brush up on your 3rd grade grammar skills. (But seriously... if you weren't kidding, I'm about to start fueling up my rocket and leave this planet forever).
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - July 13, 2012 2:10 p.m.

actually i thought black ops was a LOT better and infinity ward didnt even try hard enough so shut up.
  • wangmeister - June 28, 2012 10:16 p.m.

When did they get rid of the forums? I'm sad now :c
  • winner2 - June 28, 2012 7:16 p.m.

I haven't really played anything released this year that was very memorable besides ME3, unfortunately. And that sucks because I feel like it was a huge step down from 2. That or I was just sad at the send off of the trilogy. Never played Max before so I'm not sure if I want to skip the first two or not, but it looks good. Oh yeah, Amalur was fun now that I think about it, feel like it deserves a mention.
  • thing1amc - June 28, 2012 3:35 p.m.

Glad to see Mass Effect 3 is still in the fight for game of the year. Dammit, that is undoubtedly one of the best games I have ever played. I still need to get out and play max payne though.
  • Evanesco - July 1, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Yes you do.
  • MysterEnygma - June 28, 2012 10:45 a.m.

Unfortunately money has been really tight this year but I gotta give my hand to Journey. Yeah it's 2 hours and a tad overpriced for that length but it's still the most memorable thing I've played this year.