Topics

gamepro

• needles - December 1, 2011 3:58 p.m.

Remember EGM? Good times.
  • Japanaman - December 1, 2011 8:37 a.m.

My first issue of GamePro was issue 100. I read it until around 200 something. Then it just lost everything that made GamePro great.
  • The_Ouroboros - December 1, 2011 3:01 a.m.

I was there when the website first started, when there was a group of like 11 of us who would write them to get at least a basic Java chat room up. They did, and then the editors(in their guises of Dan Elecktro and Major Mike) would come into the chat and talk as people. It was there where we learned what a grade A asshole Dan Amrich truly is. Ahhh... I will deeply miss the site, and the magazine.
  • meh - November 30, 2011 5:59 p.m.

It's sad. But i really have to admit, This mag started dying back in like 2005.
  • AttroPheed - November 30, 2011 5:52 p.m.

Why close the website? Clearly the SEO guy is the only one who needs sacked over there.
  • onetimebuster - November 30, 2011 4:49 p.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • jimmynak - November 30, 2011 4:15 p.m.

my first gaming mag was nintendo power. waaaaaaay back in the day. personally i am afraid of all the mags goin down because.....well what am i gonna do on the toilet.
  • D0CCON - November 30, 2011 3:36 p.m.

Gamepro was my first gaming magazine. Sure, a couple years ago it changed its format to a new way I didn't like and I eventually found GameInformer, EGM and (especially) OXM to be better, but it's still sad to see it go
  • AleeR - November 30, 2011 3:31 p.m.

First EGM, now GamePro. My favorite childhood magazines are all going away.
  • LordZarlon - November 30, 2011 3:21 p.m.

I subscribed years ago. I'm curious why they couldn't have focused on the website. Perhaps there is too much competition in that field. I have to admit that they are taking a unique approach by offering special publication services to the games industry. I hope it works out for them. Bottom line, the print field is drying up quickly for this hobby. I think PC Gamer should continue to do well though. They have a different audience than the console magazines.
  • Knuckles987 - November 30, 2011 2:53 p.m.

This hits me hard, as I have been a subscriber for many years. I wish all of the staff good luck, it's been quite a journey.
  • needles - November 30, 2011 2:42 p.m.

I used to subscribe to Gamepro magazine. It was about 18 years ago. I feel sad. I think it's because I've wasted 22 years of my life in a hobby with no benefits. I wasted ALOT of money and time that could have been spent in something more productive.
  • jimmynak - November 30, 2011 3:14 p.m.

gaming has no benefits? shame on you. go get a mani pedi
  • Darree - November 30, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Funny thing about productivity, all it really gets you in the end is a fancier headstone. Me, I'm fine with the basic model, but to each his own.
  • jimmynak - November 30, 2011 4:14 p.m.

though he may no think gaming productive apparently commenting on a gaming website is. so he's all over it.
  • needles - December 1, 2011 12:41 p.m.

Who's that woman in the picture? I think I've seen her in a bar trying to get me to buy her drinks. I slipped her a mickey and took her to a hotel that charges by the hour.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - November 30, 2011 7:52 p.m.

So you find trolling websites about video games more fulfilling?
  • needles - December 1, 2011 11:09 a.m.

How's my favorite baby killer doing? Havent heard from you in a while.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - December 1, 2011 4:30 p.m.

I don't kill them; I rape them. All 300,000 of us take turns after we supply them with medical aid and build schools and water supplies for them. How's Frisco? I was there last weekend and was surprised that not every single person there was having gay ass sex like I assumed you did.
  • needles - December 1, 2011 4:42 p.m.

You kind of remind me of forest gump. But in Afganistan instead of Vietnam. "I got shot in the buttocks". Whatever you do if you ever meet the president don't i repeat don't remove any clothing to show him your wounds.