Topics

Week of Hate

• Bravo315 - May 1, 2011 7:33 p.m.

Even though GTA IV was my favourite game this gen, there was not much to do in free mode online and 'matchmaking' was clunky at best. Needs to take a leaf out of Red Dead's books. PS, I've just remembered today I found a set of GTA IV GamesRadar stickers I got in an old PSW magazine on my floor. You guys rock.
  • chriszewski - May 1, 2011 6:54 p.m.

LOL and *sob* @ okami vs. cabela's...
  • ObliqueZombie - May 1, 2011 5:34 p.m.

Thing I hate most... wow, that's a lot, once you think about it. I think my most hated thing is the fact that Call of Duty hasn't changed since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Let's be honest... they added a dive mechanic over the span of 4 years. That's about it.
  • newgames128 - May 1, 2011 5:30 p.m.

That Deus Ex one made me not even want to bother with the game. And I just got the GOTY version off Steam since apparently it was voted best PC game ever. Damn.
  • FauxFurry - May 1, 2011 3:55 p.m.

If noone else is going to rail on about it, Elder Scrolls 4's enemy level scaling up to the player character level regardless of stats nearly ruined the game. Marvel Vs Capcom 3's lack of a storymode was merely disappointing at first but after playing through Mortal Kombat's storymode, the fact that the game involving the Disney subsidiary was so thoroughly bested in storytelling by a Warner Brothers property is simply unacceptable. Are fighting game afficianados willing to buy DLC that's unrelated to gameplay just to enrich their experience?
  • mgpeacewalker - May 1, 2011 3:09 p.m.

worst part of RDR was the cow herding fuck that shit
  • Mr.Bizzle - May 1, 2011 1:34 p.m.

Oh Wow my Portal Pic is on the Portal Pic! Wait is that a good thing or a bad thing?
  • LilGamerDude - May 1, 2011 7:02 a.m.

Yoshis island-the annoying farting gas cloud stage that made you wobbly Mario Kart 64-getting hit by a lightning bolt THEN trampled on top of it God of War 1 and 2-that ONE useless melee weapon! GTA IV-consistent FREEZING 30-40 seconds after startup (followed by a reboot or two) Super mario RPG-that infernal mine cart ride Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire-first move: protect Tekken 5-the wasteful pit that is devil within Starcraft-anyone who map hacks during hide and seek games!
  • quincytheodore - May 1, 2011 6:28 a.m.

Some of these, I agree wholeheartedly. Well, it's not hard, they are the worst aspects of the best games. AC : Hate beggar so passionately, it even translated to real life. Fable : Fable 4 is to die for! Worth your kidney! Already sold your kidney for Fable 3, sell your child's! Trust me it's worth it! FF : There are things more annoying than the hair, like the chars.. not all, just some.. "cough" Hope "cough" ME2 : Other than mild amusement on Uranus, this is so... Judas.. Okami : I feel your pain, seriously. My friends DON'T EVEN PLAY OKAMI AND PORTAL. "gasp gasp" I.. I'm okay. 3rd Bday : What? So now chick can't go wearing half exposed pants to expose their butt cheek like nature meant to. What is happening to this world? Portal 2 : Time spent on loading is less time hearing GLaDOS' sexy voice. They should make the loading screen talk GLaDOS, Bayo pulled off much more complex one than that. But hey, it changes letter.. PoP : It's called self discovering.. A work in progress. If they should ever considered using Asian, please give me a call. RDR : Oooh pretty blue flower, I just squat here in tiger's hunting ground like I don't know better GaHHHHahH ma face... Ninja tiger, I should have known better... The Sims : if it still moves.. Milk it.. Tony Hawk : You can whack people with it, then media can write "Gaming : A Weapon of Crime" Uncharted 2 : looks like rejects from Dragon Age..
  • DiscoLemonade - May 1, 2011 4:35 a.m.

How about you write an article titled "10 reasons to hate "hate week"." #1 Gamesradar spoils all the modern classics with bullshit reasons to hate them.
  • Japanaman - May 1, 2011 3:23 a.m.

First of all, Candy Kong is hot. Second of all, that one Half-Life chick is kind of hot. Like a realistic Beyond Good & Evil type chick. Third... Well, you nailed Tony Hawk. I'll give you that.
  • kyle94 - May 1, 2011 2:05 a.m.

@Nano: I haven't played World of Tanks for a few weeks, but I was always annoyed whenever there was a team killer (though that's common in a lot of games) and how bloody expensive everything was. Maybe they reduced the prices in an update, but I remember having to play 6 battles to unlock a new turret and another 3 battles to afford it. Though, after a few levels, I was rolling in money but still had trouble getting experience. Like I said, maybe they changed that. Anyway, a few more: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Trying to 100% that tank mission (Here's a long stealth section, then an acrobatics session! Now here's a slow and hard to steer tank! If you get hit ONCE, then you have to repeat the entire level if you want 100% sync!) or the 100% sync on that mission when you first get the apple (Don't lose any health! By the way, the only weapon you have drains your health and makes you lose.) Dead Rising = The time limit. (I'm horrible at effective game management. And I can't stand playing through some games twice, much less repeating it multiple times to figure out how best to do it. Just give me the good ending already!) Just Cause 2 = How finicky it can be climbing tall buildings. (Want to climb up this skyscraper? Well, be carefu oh, you're already fell 5 stories.) Dragon Age Origins: How the only significant differences in story between races is the very beginning.
  • Mboy1100 - May 1, 2011 12:09 a.m.

ohhh sonic...whyd u do it..u signaled a long painful doom for yourself...and its just creepy...
  • CatrParrot - April 30, 2011 10:25 p.m.

Arkham Asylum: Killer Croc sewers level Dead Space: Kendra Fallout 3: Radroaches Kingdom Hearts 2: Little Mermaid musicals Mega Man X: Launch Octopus Pokemon Gold & Silver: Whitney's Miltank (fucking Rollout!) Super Mario World 2: Baby Mario Uncharted 1: Pale zombie things
  • SerpentineZERO - April 30, 2011 10:02 p.m.

Oh yeah, i also don't like QTEs in games either.
  • SerpentineZERO - April 30, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Lol at the Dead Rising image, it's so true. Also, fuck Seth, planet scanning, and laggy online in any game. Another unlisted one is Brutal Legend's RTS segments. They were a weird fit, and they didn't control particularly well.
  • QWERTYCommander - April 30, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Also, am I the only person who liked Spring Mario? The controls are kinda bad, sure, but bouncing off the walls was kinda fun.
  • DynamicJul - April 30, 2011 8:57 p.m.

I don't see anything wrong in the Minecraft picture =P. And I totally agree with hating Spring Mario, it's the worst thing in Super Mario Galaxy.
  • Grif - April 30, 2011 8:36 p.m.

When I saw the Okami one I literally said "no, no, no!" outloud
  • Mode - April 30, 2011 8:24 p.m.

Oh god, the cake jokes.. It wasn't even funny the first time. Yet people STILL, to this day, spout it everywhere like they think it'll make them cool that they get the "inside joke" that everyone knows.