• GoldenMe - December 17, 2008 11:52 p.m.

GR. They're always right!
  • MacGyver1138 - December 17, 2008 10:22 p.m.

These are some pretty good suggestions. I most certainly agree on all of these, but I agree with GTA the most. After all the hype and good reviews that GTA IV got, I was pretty disappointed with that game. It didn't feel like anything that new, and I got tired of it a lot quicker than I did the previous GTAs. Here's hoping we'll see a future version where actions have more lasting consequences. I would also like to see co-op implemented in the series. If they could do it similar to the way Crackdown did, where you can actually do missions with a buddy (or more than one buddy!), that could make for some fun missions.
  • ssj4raditz - December 17, 2008 10:15 p.m.

Good ideas all around.
  • shamon - December 29, 2008 10:31 p.m.

im not sure about tony hawk because next year his new game will use a skateboard like rock band uses those drums and stuff .
  • KHfan - December 21, 2008 1:13 p.m.

the matrix would make a good mirrors edge type game, its already pretty much there with all of the wall jumps and the slowing down time
  • mcdukefan823 - December 20, 2008 5:06 p.m.

well, in defense of my previous comment, yes all games "borrow" elements, but these suggestions just seemed like straight up copying. i beleive there was a picture with castlevania(?) and it was something like "turn this... into this" and it was like a picture of bioshock, so maybe if they had said "i want deep magic costumization of magic and weapons, with a rich open and interesting environment with things to look at and intersting places to explore, and really good art direction and you would create something that resembles what 2k did with bioshock."
  • birdofprey - December 20, 2008 8:15 a.m.

Am I the only who through GTA4 was great (But I'm also the one who has played GTA4 in the entire series)
  • blackjack002 - December 19, 2008 8:54 a.m.

I agree with the GTA assessment, I think that GTA IV did try to incorporate some of these elements but it did so very half-heartedly. Maybe the new installments will implement some new RPG mechanics.
  • KingofHearts - December 19, 2008 8:31 a.m.

I did like the idea of the Matrix and GTA...i never really got into the 'Hill series...so no comment on those...lol @ Tony Hawk "Take a Damn Break"...!!
  • EvilInkarnate - December 18, 2008 8:37 p.m.

Great article!! I actually just created a profile solely to comment on this. I agree with Silent Hill and GTA most. I love GTA4, but I must admit, after waiting so long for it, I got bored quicker than I expected to. Silent Hill is an awesome game with some really f*cked up stuff goin on in it, and that's what I love about it. The Matrix/Mirror's Edge thing sounds like it could be cool too. Mcdukefan, I agree with you that it is kind of hypocritical, but at the same time I think all games borrow from something else in one way or another. Except maybe Pikmin...what a weird yet awesome game. Where's my Wii Pikmin?!?
  • noobeater - December 18, 2008 7:48 p.m.

i agree with gta and silent hill...i mean gta would be better as i thought there was no real noticable differences if i killed or saved someone...also i want it back to unrealistic san andreas...i want it to be so unrealistic that u can drive over cliffs for bout 10000000 yards or watver secondly just playing thru silent hill games it would be more scarier to open a door and a creature to be right in your face rather then shifting the camera around great article!
  • buminyaface - December 18, 2008 6:04 p.m.

ignore that rong article lol
  • buminyaface - December 18, 2008 6:02 p.m.

Zelda would turn out jus like Jak2/3 with swords and backtracking, although i do admit it would be cool
  • jtan189 - December 18, 2008 2:39 p.m.

I totally agree. GTA is awesome, but adding a deeper morality element would make it even better.
  • mcgee4life - December 18, 2008 1:01 p.m.

Wow, I have to say that these suggestions are pretty much brilliant. As a devoted-but-frustrated fan of both Silent Hill and Castlevania, I pray that Konami reads GamesRadar!
  • ELpork - December 18, 2008 8:35 a.m.

YES!!! Matrix+Mirror's edge...... Sweet.
  • jimsondanet - December 18, 2008 5:55 a.m.

theres nothing wrong with using a good idea even if you didnt discover it example mass effect = KOTOR 1&2, fallout... etc and dont forget that each editor has their own opinions (search 'why games arent scary') now the glitched pop ad stuck on my screen, the videos chewing up my internet connection, the massive amount of pop-ups and the awsome articles forcing me to put up with this crap is something to gripe about. im hoping that the massive amount of nothing to buy in GTA will be aleviated with DLC and farcry2's open mission style would be mint! "sniper rifle? rocket launcher? assault rifle? IED? garh! so many choices!"
  • mcdukefan823 - December 18, 2008 4:42 a.m.

sorry for the double (now triple) post, im just getting used to this gamesradar comenting buisness
  • mcdukefan823 - December 18, 2008 4:33 a.m.

uuummm good ideas just too bad they are already taken, gamesradar is a site that gives developers crap for being unoriginal but this is really hypocritical. All the ideas you have are stolen from other games save for tony hawk which you said the remedy was to stop releasing them. Silent Hill=condemned, Matrix=mirrors edge, GTA=Mass Effect and castlevania=bioshock in a castle w/ swords. what gives?
  • dorrick - December 18, 2008 4:31 a.m.

wow compairing SR2 to GTAIV is like apples to oranges. SR2 is fun if you like fantasy and enjoy being a e-thug. GTAIV on the other stand has a lot more depth personality and the realistic value is phenominal. I enjoy playing games that are realistic, and have to do with real life issues and things some people really are involved it makes you think. SR2 is mind numbing retardedness. I mean banging some chick in a bathroom u just walk into or spray crap on people is so weak. I would enjoy more control over the actions of niko or the next GTA character, and either be the blood crazed killer or the honest crook that just is looking to survive.