• patri0t - January 23, 2010 9:45 p.m.

wow i didnt know how dangerous games could be thanks for the tips GR!!
  • Guardian88 - January 24, 2010 3:36 a.m.

When the lights go out, it WOULD be scary as f*** to see Ronald McDonald just standing behind you. HAHAHA but that picture is really f***in' funny!!!
  • Picnic1 - January 24, 2010 10:17 p.m.

Good article. I especially liked this line: 'Any door, gate or fancy electronic barrier you walk through that then shuts on its own accord is doing so because it wants you out of the union' I would add another way that you can tell you are in deadly peril. When you enter any seemingly abandoned industrial warehouse area (this has later been extended to include buildings like churches). This allows an unlimited number of would be assasins to appear from nowhere and fire at you from windows, overhead gantries, behind barrels or other scenery, sit in huge cargo boxes, waiting to kill you with a sniper rifle or even come down from the ceiling through a skylight on a wire. I'm thinking of Max Payne 2 and Half life 2.
  • nugby - January 24, 2010 11:04 p.m.

"Take on the baddies. They ain't go anything on those leaves" That line is AWESOME!
  • Spybreak8 - January 24, 2010 11:59 p.m.

Haha I love the Deadspace, lights out, McDonalds guy behind him one and the librarian silence was also pretty funny. I just got done playing Mass Effect again and you gotta love it when it autosaves before or after you enter an area/building etc.
  • MaynardJ - January 25, 2010 3:33 p.m.

Nice article!! Two more ideas: 1. I agree with Picnic1 on the seemingly abandoned area, but you're even more certain of imminent death if you find another character (preferably a hostage) there and a cutscene starts. Something bad will happen during or after that cutscene, I'm thinking of Metal Gear Solid right now. 2. I'm currently playing Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, a very notable exception to the water rule. If you and your partner get separated during a cutscene, you're about to be attacked. Surely this applies to a lot of other games.
  • g4m3rk1dd - January 25, 2010 5:21 p.m.

lol anywhere near water? what about that game hydrophobia? XD and if u have the worlds most kick ass fast food clown behind you about to well...kick your ass...then yes its an automatic game over
  • AuthorityFigure - January 27, 2010 12:18 p.m.

DOOM3 contains virtually ALL of these devices... It's like they just checked them all off when designing the damn thing.
  • RoflZilla - January 27, 2010 8:40 p.m.

you also forgot going over a hill. it seams evory time you get to the to the is a big ass monster waiting for you.
  • Bloori - February 18, 2010 8:55 p.m.

ronald mcdonald?! Lol, and there should be- If you are a little girl in Resident Evil. I saw a little girl die there. or, If you are stuck in a room full of strange people who don't answer, then their heads turn 360 to face you. That is a Definate "Oh shit, i'm gonna die in this game" moment. Trust me, that should be there.
  • kaittybee - March 18, 2010 5:49 p.m.

this is by far my favorite article on this website. this article saved me from dying in quite a few games! LONG LIVE GAMESRADAR!