• linkganon - January 22, 2010 3:16 a.m.

16.you are knocked unconscious and are strapped on a table and an antagonist has access to a switch that will send electricity through your body. 17. all your weapons are gone, and you are forced to sneak through a long hall naked. 18. you swim in unknown water not knowing of the danger approaching you from behind (the croc) 19. no enemies are around you
  • gamedip - January 22, 2010 2:09 a.m.

The psycho shower scream how horrifying
  • gopikmin - January 22, 2010 1:50 a.m.

the stairs thing isn't completely true. *spoiler* Near the end ofUncharted 2, you climb a bunch of stairs and the girl with blond hair almost dies.
  • WrathLord03 - January 22, 2010 1:43 a.m.

So, are you guys suggesting Mario should stop trusting Luigi? Or Baby Mario...he can't trust his past self? Whoa, Mario's a lot deeper than I first thought. And last time I checked, none of the labrynth of vents in BAA had enemies, so thats part of the 6.6% that don;t contain monsters. And if there's a game that contains all of these in the same spot, you better expect some giant evil monster bug spirit dinosaur thats a semi naked ninja chick...
  • Cyberninja - January 22, 2010 1:06 a.m.

if i was link i would have taken out my sword in fight to the death in the temple
  • robotechandnarutosucks - January 22, 2010 12:47 a.m.

heh. Sonic got what he deserved. and lol at Ronald.
  • garPOW - January 22, 2010 12:31 a.m.

I've called the creepy music and sudden appearance of save spots/health ALWAYS equals imminent boss battle. Glad someone else is on the same page!
  • nik41507 - January 21, 2010 11:58 p.m.

I keeeeeel you
  • GameManiac - January 21, 2010 11:25 p.m.

Oh man... This one gave me so many laughs. I couldn't stop laughing at the pics with Link and Sonic. I can agree with most of these ways. Silence, staircases, closed doors, mazes, they're all part of villany.
  • RedOutlive10 - January 21, 2010 11:12 p.m.

In STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, I remember how every time I had to explore some underground lab or any abandoned place I was going to get in deep trouble sooner or later.
  • Yeager1122 - January 21, 2010 10:51 p.m.

YES! ill never die again.
  • hey003 - January 21, 2010 10:40 p.m.

∧_∧WELCOM TO: http://www.wowhotsale.com boot.ugg.jacket.jeans.sweart. (UGG) jordan air max oakland dunks $39; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $30; gstar coogi evisu true jeans $35-39; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; Welcome you to visit thanks http://www.wowhotsale.com (*^_^*)
  • Cwf2008 - January 21, 2010 10:32 p.m.

That picture of Ronald McDonald about to knife that guy was hilarious! And who doesnt love Cpt. Price's mustache...oh...er i mean. Ya its cool
  • speno93 - January 21, 2010 10:31 p.m.

silence and darkness nearly always scare the shit out of me in videogames. Hell I get freaked out when the piano starts attacking you in Super Mario 64, that instrument's scary!1
  • garnsr - January 21, 2010 10:06 p.m.

In the PS1 days, a sure sign that something was going to happen was when you'd hear the disc drive spin, and you knew something terrifying was being loaded, about to burst out at you.
  • TrIp13G - January 21, 2010 9:52 p.m.

I submit that Prince of Persia is the exception to the water rule.
  • dante1924 - January 21, 2010 9:52 p.m.

Actually, when I think about it, zelda games have almost all of these things.
  • dante1924 - January 21, 2010 9:48 p.m.

The door slamming thing happens repeatedly in spirit tracks! I am walking around the dungeon, and suddenly, a wall springs up, and I have to fight a horde of monsters! Marcus is so screwed in your image!
  • DriveShaft - January 21, 2010 9:28 p.m.

Lol, if you hear music YOURE DEAD if you hear silence YOURE DEAD, sad but true in survival horrors x]
  • dahsif - January 21, 2010 8:20 p.m.

I nominate this feature for the Pulitzer prize.