• winner2 - March 13, 2014 10:15 a.m.

I always thought it kind of weird that most people who you wreck in GTA immediately drive away in fear rather than get out and try to get your information to file for insurance claims and whatnot. If you keep driving I'd think they'd flip you off and yell a bunch or something.
  • Timstertimster - March 13, 2014 3:38 p.m.

Try crashing a car in south central projects. Chances are they will come after you. And considering what a madhouse Los santos is I'm not surprised they dash. I would too.
  • J-spit - March 12, 2014 6:24 p.m.

Was Deus Ex: Human Revolution being developed on last gen hardware, then eventually moved onto the X360/PS3 platform? I ask, because one night, I pointed out to a friend of mine that it had the distinctly old-game programming habit of having characters do the robot or otherwise flail unnecessarily while conversing. Does ANYONE understand what I'm saying?
  • universaltofu - March 12, 2014 5:24 p.m.

This reminded me of a great somethingawful article about surviving a jrpg, such as '...' being an acceptable form of communication.
  • Vonter - March 12, 2014 3:38 p.m.

I'll like to add the NPCs that follow the player to sell stuff, at least in RE 4, Shadows of the Damned the merchant follows the player through who knows what only to sell stuff. Is like that Simpsons episode were a hotdog stand vendor continually follows Homer to sell him a hotdog ("Lady, he's putting my kids through college.").
  • Hipster_Archimedes - March 12, 2014 3:13 p.m.

My favorite Animal Crossing moment was when I decided to look though the trash and happened upon a space shuttle someone had disposed of. It made a nice addition to my space room.
  • praysolace - March 12, 2014 1:50 p.m.

In fairness to whatever NPCs are being implicated in Final Fantasy VI, those statues were kept in another freaking world. Kefka had to follow intrepid heroes to the sealed gate, wait for the half-Esper girl to open it, and defeat all the powerful beings that came through the gate to stop him. After Kefka messed up all those plans which, in fairness, probably seemed like pretty solid defenses before magicite technology showed up, the statues were raised up on a floating island full of mazes and monsters. It's not like somebody just left the statues in their backyard next to the lake because they looked nice there.
  • Jib-47 - March 12, 2014 1:45 p.m.

Have you ever noticed how the cops in street racing games always only go after the player? You could be in the middle of the pack, battling it out with your fellow racers and all of a sudden four cops start smashing into you and only you. Radio chatter is specifically about you and all of the cops tricks just happen to be deployed when you arrive. "We need a roadblock to stop these street racers. Better deploy it behind the racers who are clearly winning and in front of the one who the rest of the racers are harassing. Oh and don't forget to leave a convenient car sized gap in the roadblock because... well, you know."