• furiouslunchbox - November 6, 2012 2:39 p.m.

Kingdoms of Amalur was soooooo much fun. I pray to the Lord that someone picks that game up and makes a sequal it so greatly deserves.
  • avantguardian - November 7, 2012 2:38 a.m.

i'm playing that game right now. very derivative, but the combat and color is making up for it so far.
  • winner2 - November 7, 2012 1:03 p.m.

Agreed, I'd love for a sequel to be made.
  • klvngnn - November 6, 2012 2:44 p.m.

League is not better than DotA. Made an account just to say that!
  • GoldenEagle1476 - November 6, 2012 6:31 p.m.

I'm sorry, but League is better.
  • VagueRaconteur - November 7, 2012 3:38 a.m.

You could not be more wrong, and neither could this article. Playing both properly (yes, properly, and well, as most league fans have never properly played dota), dota is infinitely better for any even remotely skilled gamer. Want an easy game spent getting 14:0 without any effort? Go to League. Want to have to work as an actual team with incredible levels of tactics to take down enemy team synergies? Dota. Everything about it is better, from the snowballing to the challenge, and while it's nice to have a break from the more hard-paced game and take an easy league game now and again, a win on league is nothing compared to the feeling of achievement dota can give you. /argument
  • Krazee - November 8, 2012 7:24 p.m.

So you think that people who find League challenging are stupid? Are you saying that 32 million gamers who play league at least once a month aren't even remotely skilled? Have you only played against bots? Did you even make it to level 30, the level where most of the decent players reside? I'm convinced you haven't played League of Legends "properly". It's not like a match-made enemy team is going to just lay down and let you win. League may be simpler but it still requires strategics and teamwork.
  • Martallimo - November 6, 2012 3 p.m.

Shadows of the Damned was the best rip off I've ever played. I'll also agree with luckyseven, Darksiders should be on here.
  • sk8r7 - November 6, 2012 3:41 p.m.

finally, someone else knows angry birds is a knock off. But what about Halo Wars? It was a knock off of LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth and Sins of a Solar Empire, and star wars: empire at war
  • brickman409 - November 6, 2012 4:24 p.m.

halo wars was originally going to be age of empires 4 or a console port of AOE 3. Ensemble got it half way done and microsoft told them to replace everything with halo characters. So thats why it seems like a rip-off of most RTS games.
  • dcbernman - November 6, 2012 4:11 p.m.

RPG's in general. They all borrow off each other and their predecessors. One of my favorite genre's, but sometimes the similarities between games make the entire genre feel a little more stale than it did at first. Also, Dune, the RTS.
  • vladdamad2 - November 6, 2012 11:45 p.m.

Yup, Darksiders is the prime example of taking someone else's ideas and improving upon them. Both of those games are fantastic, so sad that the third will never be made
  • Vincent Wolf - November 7, 2012 12:08 a.m.

lol 9 is so.. I dunno... I don't have words for it... Pathetic? That dude from uncharted is more charming than Lara? I'm gonna tell you just one thing, kid: boobs always win. He's nothing compared to Lara. Less than a pale shadow.
  • avantguardian - November 7, 2012 2:43 a.m.

i think it depends on your gaming generation. for those of us that have had played and beaten tomb raider 2, it's hard to compare. alas, i'm sure most people who play games today haven't had the experience. as far as boobs are concerned, well, i'm not gonna go there.
  • avantguardian - November 7, 2012 2:58 a.m.

i really loved how capcom managed to take what i enjoyed most about monster hunter and put it into dragon's dogma. MH's greatest flaw has been its focus on mp, so a single-player rpg where you can find a lot of the same satisfaction really did it for me. not to mention the excellent and rather ingenious pawn system, which i hope is "borrowed" by other games. would be my GOTY if not for xcom.
  • Fox_Mulder - November 7, 2012 10:01 p.m.

I've asked myself the same thing as to why no other game borrows the active reload. I guess with so many games using cover systems, and Unreal 3, they didn't want to take too much from GOW.
  • haxxoromg - November 9, 2012 11:42 a.m.

i'd like to add every cod after 4 to this list. zero innovation in half a decade and still the number one selling game franchise ever
  • gilgamesh310 - November 11, 2012 6:11 a.m.

I'm getting fairly tired of people actually believing Uncharted is better than Tomb Raider. In terms of gameplay the old Tomb Raider games blow Uncharted out of the water. Uncharted may have better stories and characters but so what? Gameplay comes first.
  • Panzerdrako - June 30, 2014 7:16 a.m.

yep, tank controls are the best.....sarcastic mode off....