Topics

resident evil

• Redeater - September 28, 2012 9:52 a.m.

I would have thought the ability to swap discs and play as Leon or Claire in RE2 would have been at least number 2 on here. Still remains one of my favorite PS1 memories. Good list though. It was nice to be reminded of how great RE was back in the day.
  • BottleBank - September 28, 2012 10:13 a.m.

Hmm, i'm not sure many would agree that the ability to swap discs and play a very similar version of the same game should be at number 2 in a Best Resi Moments list. But hey, each to their own i suppose.
  • bass88 - September 28, 2012 10:24 a.m.

If you finished the game as Leon, saved it, and loaded the save on the Claire disc - you got a new scenerio.
  • Redeater - September 28, 2012 10:27 a.m.

I guess I should have clarified but yeah there was completely new stuff when you did. It wasn't just swapping out a color pallet.
  • Godzillarex - September 28, 2012 9:28 a.m.

The dogs were scary. Once you figured out the "run in a zig zag" technique they became kinda fun though. What scared the shit out of me were the sharks in RE1.
  • JMarsella09 - September 28, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Crikey!
  • Enaksan - September 28, 2012 9:06 a.m.

What about the part in RE1 when Jill is looking to be squashed by the ceiling, and Barry kicks the door down just in time? It was made more tense by the fact that if you hadnt done a certain number of things he would help, so it always had me on edge hoping i'd done everything!! And then of course theres the whole Jill Sandwich bit... Or the first time you meet the hunters, keep backing up and shooting ony for it to leap out of no where and kill you in one hit! Even now when i go back and play it I always get away from them bastards a.s.a.p!! Or all of Resi 2? :-)
  • bass88 - September 28, 2012 7:50 a.m.

A loading screen pun? Oooh, you bastard.