Have we got a competition for you! We’ve teamed up with the Nintendo Official UK Store to give four lucky people the chance to be flown to Tokyo, Japan next Summer! That’s right; we’re talking about the Land of the Rising Sun, the birthplace of Nintendo, the host city for the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Oh; did we mention that you’ll be able to visit the shiny new Super Nintendo World theme park too? Put simply, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime, dream holiday.
Bask in the wonder of a sea of lights and sounds as you explore Shibuya. Gaze with mouths open as you soak in the fantastical fashion of Harajuku. Delight in gaming arcades that spread as far as the eye can see and go on a tantalizing tongue trip as you sample flavor combinations you’d never even dreamed of!
That’s right; you and three friends or family can win the chance to be flown to Tokyo with £6,000 spending money in your pocket AND 4 x day passes to the awesome new Super Nintendo World theme park. We’ll even thrown in transfers too!
Are you feeling lucky? Even if you’re not, don’t fret; we’re also giving away two Runners Up prizes. Each Runner-Up will win a Nintendo Switch Lite and six of the best Nintendo Switch games!
So what are you waiting for? Get involved because you’ve gotta be in it to win it!
Entering couldn’t be simpler; request your copy from the form below and then all you need to do is visit the Nintendo Official UK Store competition page here once you've received your copy of the GamesRadar+ Presents… The Ultimate Guide To Nintendo 2019/2020 and enter your unique code. This 132-page magazine contains everything you need to know about Nintendo including guides to which Switch is best for you, coverage of over 80 of the best Nintendo Switch games, an overview of all the amazing merchandise you can get and much more. As well as that each magazine has a unique code that bags you 10% off your next purchase at the Nintendo Official UK Store! That’s right; 10% off anything at all, including Nintendo Switch consoles!
This competition is sadly only open to UK residents.
Just fill in your details below and request your copy. When it arrives through the letterbox simply register it here and you’ll automatically be entered into this amazing competition of a lifetime!
1. Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, the Prize Provider, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Entrants must be 18 years or over.
2. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Entries close at 23:59 on 15 January 2020.
4. To participate in the promotion, entrants will require access to the internet, a valid and active email account and to register a copy of the “GAMESRADAR+ PRESENTS… The Ultimate Guide to Nintendo 2019/2020” catalogue ( “Catalogue” ) at store.nintendo.co.uk/catalogue. Subject to availability, you can request a copy of the Catalogue.
5. Entry is automatic upon registration of a Catalogue using the unique code found on the back cover of each Catalogue. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route. Entry is strictly limited to one entry per person. Only the first entry will be accepted. Subsequent entries will be disregarded. Multiple Catalogue registrations from the same person will not qualify as unique entries.
6. Three winners will be drawn at random by an independent person, from all valid entries received, and notified by email within 14 days of the promotion closing. If a winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter within 28 days the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to a substitute winner.
7. The first winner drawn at random will receive a prize of a ten (10) night trip to Japan for themselves and up to three (3) companions including:
• four (4) premium economy (or equivalent) return flights from London Heathrow airport to Haneda Tokyo Airport, Japan ( “Tokyo Airport” );
• ten (10) nights’ accommodation at a 4* hotel in Tokyo to be selected by the Promoter on a bed and breakfast basis, based on four (4) people sharing two (2) double or twin rooms (subject to availability) or one (1) family room ( “Tokyo Hotel” );
• private return transfers for the winner and their companions to/from Tokyo Airport to the Tokyo Hotel;
• four (4) passes to Super Nintendo World on a day of the winner’s choosing during the trip (subject to availability); and
• £6,000 spending money, the “First Prize” ).
8. The second and third winners drawn at random will each receive a Nintendo Switch Lite console and six (6) of the most popular Nintendo-published games on Nintendo Switch (as determined by the Promoter and subject to availability).
9. The First Prize must be booked a minimum of ninety (90) days prior to the requested travel dates (subject to availability). The First Prize winner will be required to submit three (3) preferred departure dates at least on (1) calendar month apart. The First Prize must be taken up by 15 December 2020 and cannot be taken during the following dates (unless stated otherwise):
Valentine’s Day (14 February 2020), Good Friday (10 April 2020), Easter (12 April 2020), Easter Monday (13 April 2020), Early May Bank Holiday (8 May 2020), Spring Bank Holiday (25 may 2020), Coming of Age Day (13 January 2020), National Foundation Day (11 February 2020), The Emperor’s Birthday (Monday 24 February 2020), Vernal Equinox Day (20 March 2020), Shōwa Day (29 April 2020), Greenery Day (4 May 2020), Children's Day (5 May 2020), Constitution Memorial Day (6 May 2020), Marine Day (20 July 2020), The Olympics (from 22 July 2020 to 10 August 2020), Mountain Day (11 August 2020), Respect for the Aged Day (21 September 2020), Autumnal Equinox Day and Citizens' holiday (22 September 2020), Health and Sports Day (12 October 2020), Culture Day (3 November 2020), Labor Thanksgiving Day (23 November 2020).
10. Please note that the First Prize winner will need a current and valid credit/debit card with sufficient available funds in order to check in at the Tokyo Hotel for security deposit purposes.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, all flights must be booked at the same time, used on the same itinerary and, once booked, cannot be altered or amended. The First Prize is non-transferable.
12. The First Prize winner and their companions must hold a current and valid passport and any other relevant travel documentations required for travel to and entry in to Japan. Passports must be valid for travel with a minimum of six (6) months on the date of departure from the UK when taking up the trip. It is the responsibility of the First Prize winner to: (i) organise and pay costs associated with obtaining visas for the travelling party; (ii) ensure that the travelling party is adequately insured including without limitation covering overseas medical costs; and (iii) ensure that the travelling party adheres to the travel itinerary and other relevant safety instructions as set out by the Prize Provider. It is the responsibility of the First Prize winner to inform the Prize Provider of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the First Prize winner and/or their companion when taking up the First Prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
13. Where any of the First Prize winner’s companions are aged under 18 years old, those companions must have prior parental or guardian permission to accompany the winner when taking up the First Prize.
14. It is the responsibility of the First Prize winner to ensure that they and/or their companion(s) adhere to the visa entry requirements to Japan. It is the responsibility of the First Prize winner to adhere to the local laws in Japan.
15. The First Prize excludes ground transportation to and from London Heathrow airport, meals and drinks other than breakfast provided by the Tokyo Hotel, excursions and attractions (other than the trip to Super Nintendo World specified above), treatments, car hire, travel insurance, personal expenses and visa and vaccinations.
16. There are no prize alternatives. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any part of the prizes for an alternative of equal or greater value.
17. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
18. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prizes, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements.
20. The Promoter, the Prize Provider and their respective associated companies and agents exclude all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.
21. The name and county of the winners will be made available on written request to the Promoter. Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP. Prize Provider: Future Publishing Limited. Reg No 2008885 England. Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA.