Head to YouTube. Done that? Good. Search for “superbad r rated”. Watch trailer. Funny wasn’t it? A splurge of puerile filth perhaps, but seeing as its creators share Arrested Development, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and next month’s Knocked Up on their CVs, it could be the funniest cummingof-age film since American Pie. Telling of two tighter-than-agnat’s-chuff high school buddies – Arrested Development’s Michael Cera and Jonah Hill – Superbad is full of spunk, booze and “Your mum...” gags. For example, here’s Hill to Cera after copping an eyeful of his buddy’s mum’s bosoms: “I am truly jealous you got to suck on those tits when you were a baby.” Cera’s retort? “At least you got to suck on your dad’s dick.” Ah, the comic richness of teen misadventure… In further New American Comedy Kings news, Harold Ramis is to direct Year One, produced by Judd Apatow (40…, Knocked Up director) and starring Cera and Jack Black. The plot’s still a mystery, but a US Office writers are on board. There’s no stopping these guys.
Buzz Uncut: Our Top Ten Teen Tearaways
1) Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick, Ferris Bueller's Day Off): "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
2) Steve Stifler (Sean William Scott, American Pie): "I say, why don't you guys locate your dicks, remove the shrink wrap, and fucking *use* them!"
3) John Bender (Judd Nelson, The Breakfast Club): "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
4) Dean (Corey Feldman, License To Drive): "Natalie! I was wondering, if you were driving 55 miles per hour and you collided with a runaway train, would it make ANY improvement on your face?"
5) Eli (Chris Marquette, The Girl Next Door): "God, I just wanna bang hot chicks! "
6) Lane Meyer (John Cusack, Better Off Dead): "My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis. Bye!"
7) Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder, Napoleon Dynamite): "Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my nunchucks in there anymore."
8) The Geek (Anthony Michael Hall, Sixteen Candles): "By night's end, I predict me and her will interface."
9) Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn, Fast Times At Ridgemont High): "Hey, bud, let's party! "
10) Duckie (Jon Cryer, Pretty In Pink): "This is a really volcanic ensemble you're wearing, it's really marvelous!"