• corronchilejano - October 6, 2008 4:45 a.m.

@RandomSamurai13: The Blue Falcon is hardly the fastest car, it's that GX has a catch: Every car can use a Turbo Boost that takes away your energy. You NEED to master it's use in order to win races, so not using it is... ehr... meh, like in the second video.
  • RandomSamurai13 - October 5, 2008 11:45 a.m.

The speed comarison confued me a bit, in the video it showed really fast racing, yet in the video below it, the track comparison, the racing seemed a little slower. I've never played GX or any F-Zero game but it seemed you picked out the fastest car to show speed. Like comparing a moped to a Ferrari and saying cars are faster.
  • Ravenbom - October 5, 2008 4:42 a.m.

GX is insane. No question. It's a good kind of insanity; but it is absolutely hardcore insane, and you better be ready to leave it or love it, because it's just that insane. And it doesn't have rubber-banding or blue turtle shells. Anti-aliasing aside, I still think that GX looks great. Not that you can appreciate much scenery at 1100kph though...
  • FriendlyFire - October 4, 2008 2:04 a.m.

I say both games have very different styles and goals. From the feel of the game, WipEout (all of them, not just HD) is aiming to provide something I'd call "realistic", in that was this type of racing to exist sometime in the future, it could realistically work this way. The extremely techy and clean style of the game work that way too IMHO. F-Zero, on the other hand, is arcade-style gaming pushed to the extreme. Those 90-degrees sharp turns are totally impossible and feel a bit wrong... But they aren't looking for something credible, they want to make something over-the-top and crazy, and they succeed marvellously! But that makes the comparison moot, since how can you compare track layout between realistic and over-the-top? How can you compare difficulty between physics handling and twitch reactions? It's really like putting Gran Turismo and NFS side to side and trying to point out what's the best racing style. Lastly, I say that any game which can let you put your own music is automatic win. No matter how uber the music is, you get bored of it eventually.
  • Patius - October 3, 2008 9:54 p.m.

Time to buy F-Zero, get raped, and cry like a little girl.
  • Cernunnos - October 3, 2008 8:47 a.m.

futuristic racers are silly, almost as silly as mario kart. bah.
  • corronchilejano - October 3, 2008 5:34 a.m.

Dazza15, did you see in what place the guy was? He was never over 20th place. In order to reach the first place in higher difficulties you WILL need to master EVERYTHING in this game. After playing GX, go play Wipeout, it'll be like taking a walk with granny.
  • drprofessor - October 2, 2008 11:29 p.m.

F Zero FTW! It's my GC racer of choice.
  • axgamer71 - October 2, 2008 10:41 p.m.

F*ck yea! I love GX and it is by far my favorite racer and it has been that way for about 4 years. (I still can't beat 2 of the levels in story in Very Hard mode) >_<
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 2, 2008 8:55 p.m.

I love GX to death. I think it's one of Cube's best games and one of the smartest, fastest, hardest racers ever made. It is in fact PURE skill, there are no weapons to speak of save ramming into the other cars. 30 vehicles on one screen traveling 1000kpg at 60fps? Hell yes. I do enjoy WipEout, but eh, it's always been second to F-Zero for me.
  • Jimmyjammy - October 2, 2008 8:39 p.m.

*as
  • kingboruc - October 2, 2008 8:17 p.m.

1ST Bits of this article were silly like in Level of challenge where it talks about depth and not how hard the game is. Also how can you give a draw for technical achievement wipeout just does what f-zero does except in 1080P. Also personally the f-zero soundtrack was annoying after my 100th race in the game, at least you can put your own music in wipeout, which is always better than a soundtrack. Real score wipeout 4 F-zero 2
  • AuthorityFigure - August 25, 2009 9:26 a.m.

The question is, will WIPEOUT HD still be being played five years from now? And, will WIPEOUT HD be better than the next generation F-Zero? I think not.