Win a Rock Band Precision Bass Contest
Sponsored by Future US, Inc. (“Sponsor”)
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Win a Rock Band Precision Bass Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico), seventeen (17) or older, as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest period. Employees of Sponsor, or their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. To Enter: Send your crappy Rock Band Instrument picture to email@example.com by November 19th, 2008
3. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be chosen by a panel of judges consisting of GamesRadar employees from all complete and timely entries received. The decision of the judges are final and entrants agree to be bound by these decisions. Winner will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of verification by Sponsor, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. Grand Prize: One Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of: one Wooden Fender Precision Bass Guitar controller (Approximate retail value $199.99.) and three runner-up prizes consisting of a Replica Precision Rock Band controllers (Approximate retail value $69.99.)The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes.
5. General Rules: By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Sponsor, Future US, Inc. (“Future US”), 4000 Shoreline Court, South San Francisco, CA 94080, which are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
By entering the Contest, You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, Sponsor and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
6. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and/or winning any prize, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, the Contest website and Sponsor’s homepage at http://www.gamesradar.com, without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest are compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge that you have read these official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws.
Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco, California.
7. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a Winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Win a Fender Precision Bass Rock Band Controller, Ninja, Future US, Inc., 4000 Shoreline Court, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and “Win a Fender Precision Bass Rock Band Controller” specified in the body of the e-mail.