• ObliqueZombie - March 2, 2012 8:42 a.m.

It's not that I don't like dubstep, it's the "fans" I hate. The kids who wear hats that embroider "dubstep" in the front, the ones who buy overpriced headphones to listen to the same 15 songs, and the ones who have no regard to the literal DJs who make them--it's all just "dubstep" to them. And thank you, David Houghton, for voicing the EXACT reason why I've been screaming "What?! WHY?!" at every trailer I've viewed this year. p.s.: I did think Borderland 2's trailer was befitting. It IS Borderlands, after all.
  • db1331 - March 2, 2012 8:55 a.m.

The BL2 trailer was fine because the music actually fit the game, and it was also a little tongue-in-cheek the way they promised 800% more Wub Wub or whatever they said. It's the guys that make dubstep trailers like the one for AC or Far Cry 3 that look like idiots.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 2, 2012 1:14 p.m.

Got that right. I loved that trailer for Far Cry 3, but I turned off my speakers the half-way through. Still no idea why they did that. Also, as much as I'm excited for Borderlands 2, I really, truly hope dubstep isn't the only music played through it, tongue-in-cheek trailer or no.
  • db1331 - March 2, 2012 1:22 p.m.

The song used in the intro for the first BL was fucking awful, but I think they kept it out of the actual game. I don't remember any music from the game, now that I think of it. Just lots and lots of gunfire. Either way, I'm sure there will be a Wub Wub slider in the options.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - March 2, 2012 8:40 a.m.

I also like Dubstep, and I also think it's a bit overplayed. Yep, that's my contribution.
  • DoctorCrazy - March 2, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Alright everyone's ripping on dubstep, I for one actually am liking this. The Borderlands 2 trailer? That got me so pumped to play it. Syndicate, they got Skrillex to actually make a song to promote the game, of course there going to use it. The Far Cry trailer, I didn't see a problem with it since it was only really prominent at the end of the trailer when the action started happening. Dubstep and action just goes well together. Dave's trailer is never going to happen, not at all games are going to start using dubstep like that, but the actiony-shooter ones, I am completely fine with that. When done right, they get me f*cking pumped for the game.
  • TheHalfanese - March 2, 2012 8:30 a.m.

I wub this article. HAR HAR HAR.
  • DarthPunk - March 2, 2012 8:27 a.m.

I'm sure some people will call me a miserable old man but I think dubstep is genuinely the worst kind of music ever created in the entire history of mankind (I won't lie though, I did start cracking up when the people in the Zelda commercial started dancing to it)
  • sirdilznik - March 2, 2012 8:24 a.m.

I actually like DUBSTEP... in moderation. That stuff will melt your brain if you listen to it for too long.
  • Errrrbo - March 2, 2012 8:17 a.m.

I'm okay with dubstep, but its placement in trailers has gotten pretty hysterical. The last straw for me was the Uncharted 3 AIAS clips having Skrillex's "Kill Everybody" playing over it, which couldn't have fit less.
  • db1331 - March 2, 2012 8:14 a.m.

Sick drops, DJ Dave. I agree with you, though. I fucking hate dubstep. I can't wait for the end of dubstep trailers, which should be pretty soon, since even people within the industry are beginning to mock it's use ironically in their own trailers. I like this one the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3C2RzUsObs
  • ShortFuse - March 2, 2012 8:14 a.m.

Pigeon holing dubstep a bit here... This is just the commercialised 'bro-step' style of Skrillex et al. There's plenty of good 'dubstep' out there although it's a dirty word now so must people who prop up that style call it 'bass music' now innit. Either way...The syndicate trailers were fucking unfathomably horrible
  • Evanesco - March 2, 2012 8:10 a.m.

NOOOOO. WHY???? Why did you have to sodomize SotC? You couldn't just leave it alone???
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 2, 2012 8:11 a.m.

To be fair, I did feel a bit bad about that one. I had Silent Hill 2 on the list too, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
  • MsSmith - March 2, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Yea, that was definitely the most cringe worthy part of the video. I'm done with the internet for today! Although it could have been worse I guess....
  • ultimatepunchrod - March 2, 2012 8 a.m.

That may be the worst dubstep I've ever heard. More like DUMBstep! AM I RIGHT?!