• jody-danger-mcivor - July 19, 2013 12:17 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dubst3pGam3r [Insert Trollface Here]
  • DignifiedTick - March 7, 2012 3:07 p.m.

SSX can keep dubstep, drum and bass should be for action sequences (Metal Gear Solid style) and Gears of War games should stick to that orchestral feel. I'd hate to have Marcus say the F word then have some WUB-DUB-DUB-DUB-WUUUUUUB sound when a locust jumps onto the boat. Dubstep is now the new-cool genre. I hate it. It's only good for feeling awesome or parties, nothing else.
  • TheMasterJeef - March 5, 2012 4:50 a.m.

Im not a fan of dubstep, infact if it doesn’t have a guitar and some element of musical talent (writing and playing) im not interested. I guess im just out of touch, afterall im in the 'over 30' bracket... On a serious note, as long as the wub invasion is limited to games trailers only I honestly don’t mind. Its once ingame music is taken over we need to start worrying. Unless its handled like SSX. With the custom soundtrack I don’t have to listen to a droning wub wub wub noise, I can listen to my Killswitch Engage back catalogue as I hurtle down a mountain at eye melting speeds.
  • Foodperson - March 4, 2012 8:43 a.m.

I think I have a brilliant idea for dynamic music in an action-RPG. You know how in Kingdom Hearts you have that annoying sound play when your health is low? How about, instead of that, the music changes to dubstep just to piss off people who hate dubstep, but piss them off in a good way! Everybody else would get a good laugh or two!
  • DignifiedTick - March 7, 2012 3:05 p.m.

• adamske - March 3, 2012 4:53 a.m.

great article haha made my day. Although i did enjoy the way borderlands 2 used dubstep in newest trailer
  • Ricky000 - March 3, 2012 3:18 a.m.

Hilarious article, couldn't agree more. I love dubstep and I love games but can we use the tunes when appropriate. Syndicate works as its got that futuristic ultra violent vibe, but far cry? Really? Love your point about the marketing suits, there are more music genres out there! What's worse though is that this type of association really takes us back a step - I often show games trailers to friends, family and the other half - but with these tunes they immediately dismiss them as games for teenagers. Like the poster here who mentioned techno music and games back in the 90s. They are both experiences created by software and technology, we get it. Oh and please keep the music sub genre p1ssing contest to music sites and YouTube.
  • ZhugeLiang - March 2, 2012 6:37 p.m.

THIS AIN'T NO FUCKIN' GAME, BITCHES!!! dun dun dun dun dun dun psssss WHEEEEW dun dun dun dun dun dun
  • Fuzunga - March 2, 2012 6:19 p.m.

Man, that was hilarious.
  • FemJesse - March 2, 2012 5:55 p.m.

I might be too old to "get" dubstep. Whatever, it will have its place in trailers and skate and racing games, but there are reasons why movies and games still use orchestral music. I guess it just depends on the "mood" of the game. Trying to imagine Shadow of the Colossus with dubstep instead of its epic score just turned my brain into mush.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - March 2, 2012 4:42 p.m.

Gaming needs more melodeath. Or folk metal. Death and the healing for final fantasy. Ensiferum's Abandoned for Skyrim. Gyroscope for your 'action-with-heart-warming' styled game. It all fits!
  • nick4ever7 - March 2, 2012 6:58 p.m.

I cannot agree more. I usually mute the Skyrim music and put on stuff like Eluveitie and Ensiferum, it would be cool to have it incorporated into games
  • NEPAL - March 3, 2012 6:35 a.m.

One More Magic Potion by Eluveitie sums up every RPG ever.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - March 5, 2012 10:55 a.m.

Hatebreeder... what a fantastic album.
  • SpadesSlick - March 2, 2012 4:41 p.m.

Ahaha this was amazing.
  • redthehaze - March 2, 2012 3:15 p.m.

90% of Dubstep is crap. There are good ones but they're hard to find and a lot of people don't know what the good ones even are. Its like when a lot of people do remixes and go crazy with effects and samples and put everything into one song.
  • FPL4293 - March 2, 2012 2:57 p.m.

I FUCKING LAUGHED SO HARD AT THIS! Thank you Dave, it made my day. As a current teenager born in the generation of suburban kids that listen to nothing but dubstep and shitty pop music on the radio I can't thank you enough!
  • azureguy - March 2, 2012 2:47 p.m.

I don't know what dubstep is and I won't participate in a discussion - both serious and/or jokingly - about something I don't know. Instead, I'll point you into the direction of the 90's equivalent of today's fast-paced electronic music: Techno. Bow down before the one and only Tempest 2000! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqgPjgXbzv4
  • lilspooky - March 2, 2012 2:07 p.m.

Live action Legend of Zelda made me LOL!
  • SentientSquidMachine - March 2, 2012 12:44 p.m.

I'll listen to grime, but not pure dubstep. Electro House is gaining popularity, finally. Make game soundtracks Electro and Drum n' Bass and the world will be a better place. And sprinkle some hard trance for mood.