• death4us - June 13, 2013 12:16 p.m.

Blaming used games is how Microsoft management shifts the blame from their incompetence.
  • FoxdenRacing - June 13, 2013 12:15 p.m.

As much as I like to chuckle at Reggie's goofs sometimes... ...holy crap, somebody in a high place in the industry gets it! If you build a game for the people that consume and move on...it's going to attract the people that consume and move on. And part of 'moving on' is selling the previous consumption to offset the cost of the next consumption.
  • J-Fid - June 13, 2013 12:09 p.m.

And this is why I love Nintendo.
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 13, 2013 11:12 a.m.

This is evidenced most easily by the consistent high price (compared to most games) of Nintendo's used software. The reason, of course, is that fewer people trade those games in, so there's more demand, blah, blah, blah... I can't imagine third parties will be thrilled to hear him say that, but the evidence speaks for itself.
  • JarkayColt - June 13, 2013 10:41 a.m.

I think everybody comes out with the arguement that it's about adding "value" to the product. Most games try and do this through adding multiplayer modes for added longevity. But it's not always of a high enough caliber. I think there is substance to the arguement that Nintendo games are ones you wish to keep longer, because they're undeniably fun, solid products. I have never traded in a Nintendo game, and I very often go back and play them because the gameplay holds up so well. I like that Reggie used Pikmin as an example, because I go back and play Pikmin 2 a lot, as well as Wind Waker. And they also bring out new iterations of games like Mario Kart and Mario Party far enough apart for you to gave gotten ample play out of the previous version. Makes sense all around.
  • Bloodstorm - June 13, 2013 10:37 a.m.

Shut up Reggie
  • KipicBloud - June 13, 2013 12:49 p.m.

Yes Reggie, shut up and stop speaking the truth about our industry, it makes us feel bad.
  • Swedish_Chef - June 13, 2013 10:37 a.m.

"So for us, we have been able to step back and say that we are not taking any technological means to impact trade-in and we are confident that if we build great content, then the consumer will not want to trade in our games." ... *Claps*.