Topics

Top 7

• Cosmis - October 24, 2011 6:26 p.m.

I'm still sort of disappointed Advent Rising never got a sequel. I really enjoyed the things that game tried to do. Of course, I beat it in one sitting, but still. A shame.
  • Acex117x - October 24, 2011 6:32 p.m.

Yes! I completely agree, so much so, I had to sign in to reply to you. I have been hoping for a sequel because a series based on the game's world seemed to have potential for greatness.
  • Headstandz - October 24, 2011 6:13 p.m.

You know what is fun about being a casual gamer? I never see any texture pop in issues in games like Batman AC. I can't put Brutal Legend down. In summary I don't see a lot of the things reviews or other gamers do. I'm not saying it isn't there It is just more fun looking over it.
  • bobob101 - October 24, 2011 6 p.m.

I wish Enslaved and Vanquish were on this list, all gamers deserve more of that good stuff.
  • masterjoe123 - October 24, 2011 5:57 p.m.

Lock's Quest definitely needs a sequel. Even if no one played the first one.
  • JMarsella09 - October 24, 2011 5:56 p.m.

I think Mirror's Edge should be on here as it's sequel is about as sure as Homefronts.
  • Project93FTW - October 24, 2011 5:54 p.m.

I know this game is not on the list, but Vanquish deserves a sequel too! Had a blast playing last year, well nuff said.
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 24, 2011 5:49 p.m.

I still kick myself for buying Brink and Homefront new. I enjoyed both, but yea, I didn't "full price" enjoy them. So much potential, so much failure :(
  • JBizFoShiz - October 24, 2011 5:31 p.m.

Agree 100% with Brink. It was a blast to play with a buddy in co-op, but it just lacked that oomph to make me care about it after we both platinum-ed it. Better maps and spawn system, please. That is all I really ask for. Let us revisit the Ark, please. Brutal Legend's RTS sections stopped me from completing the game. Despite the awesome settings, music, and sheer fun of everything else, the gameplay itself was a turn-off. TFU2 played amazingly, and I felt like a real bad-ass tweener Jedi/Sith. Too bad it didn't last much longer than the intro credits. TFU3 should play amazingly, but please make its campaign length last into the double-digit-hours range.
  • RedHarlow - October 24, 2011 5:16 p.m.

A Homefront sequel would be cool, if you were actually, you, know, guerrilla fighters. I played the game and minutes from being sprung from a prison bus, I was wielding assault rifles, fighting off waves of enemies, and controlling a mobile gun platform. It would be interesting if you really had to sneak around and scavenge guns and get little ammo. You would have to rely on hit-and-run tactics, quick shoot a few guys then get the hell out of there, hide in with the general population in street clohtes, etc.
  • kingsmikefan - October 24, 2011 5:24 p.m.

I would love to be an RPG with those kinds of mechanics combined with Mass Effect's mechanics.
  • tareq - October 24, 2011 5:11 p.m.

Brink definitely deserves a sequel
  • profile0000 - October 24, 2011 4:47 p.m.

I'll admit, I did have a fairly good amount of fun with Homefront, Alpha Protocol, and Brink, but yeah... They could have been way better than they were. A fun Top 7 to read.
  • UberNoob - October 24, 2011 4:43 p.m.

I actually enjoyed both Force Unleashed games. I guess it was Star Wars geek that got to me. I also herd that a sequel to Homefront is planned. Not sure if it was a gaming website or from a blog.
  • UberNoob - October 24, 2011 4:45 p.m.

*heard (GM, GET AN EDIT BUTTON).
  • Baron164 - October 24, 2011 4:43 p.m.

I really enjoyed Brutal Legend up until the "real-time strategy" sections. I felt they became so unbalanced and I just could not stand them. It was the only problem I had with the entire game. As far as Homefront goes I really enjoyed it but it definitely had room to improve.