Topics

Top 7

• 510BrotherPanda - November 14, 2011 11:34 a.m.

Also, the entry about Swarmers is wrong: Chestbursters burst from chests, not Facehuggers...
  • CaptCOMMANDO - November 14, 2011 11:59 a.m.

Great article! Love it Love it Love it!
  • RedHarlow - November 14, 2011 12:21 p.m.

I think you mean Fast and Poision Headcrabs. Black Headcrabs ARE the poisionous ones.
  • archnite - November 14, 2011 12:57 p.m.

Just the picture of the Black Crab made me jump a bit in my chair, those things seriously freak me the fuck out. Also that Duke Nukem concept art is horrifying, is that what 3d Realms spent so much time on, henti?
  • Y2Ken - November 14, 2011 1:14 p.m.

I love it when I can tell who wrote an article from a specific wording or phrase in the middle of it. Case in point: "suck up life energy like a thick shake". Only one man (or perhaps group of men) would make that reference. Also yeah that Duke concept art is hella weird.
  • J-spit - November 14, 2011 1:37 p.m.

I felt weird looking at it....not bad weird either. My humanity is in question.
  • CH3BURASHKA - November 14, 2011 1:15 p.m.

Listening to that black headcrab sound compilation is probably the most I've been disgusted in my entire life. Headphones didn't help much; I'm now absolutely terrified. 'Motile' is basically a synonym for 'mobile', but for whatever reason, it sounds much more disgusting and alien. It's probably because that sci-fi book Brett recommended way back references the antagonist alien species as a motile. Ugh. This is what I love about the GR Top 7's: take a random occurrence in video games, look for 6 more similar ones. I don't take to the "Top 7 Games of 2011 So Far" compilations and their analogs - I like GR when they're at their craziest.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - November 14, 2011 1:41 p.m.

God I love you UK guys.
  • D0CCON - November 14, 2011 2:14 p.m.

One reason I'd choose being human over an infection flood is that a single bullet can take out about 20 of them. One bullet makes one enemy explode and it looks like their exploded bits kill their friends. That doesn't imply a lot of strength if you are killed by a single piece of detached flesh.
  • tareq - November 14, 2011 4:51 p.m.

Ah the UK side of GR. never disappoints
  • Yeager1122 - November 14, 2011 5:53 p.m.

Will always hate the flood.
  • vortigauntSKUL - November 14, 2011 8:19 p.m.

Best article in a while :)
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - November 14, 2011 11:49 p.m.

Great article! The top 3 were chosen so perfectly!
  • avantguardian - November 15, 2011 midnight

masterful work, cundy. you seem truly inspired for this one.
  • LiaraLoveSlave - November 15, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Very entertaining as usual GRUK. Also, that anatomically correct Weyland-Yutani diagram is sweet, where did you find it?
  • Bossco - November 15, 2011 11:59 p.m.

Haha scuttle!
  • BladeBlur - November 16, 2011 1:34 a.m.

Good choice... though the Metroids deserve a spot. I remember being scared about a decade ago when one of those just jumped at me and blocked my vision during a platforming segment :|
  • snothammer - November 18, 2011 12:25 a.m.

The Dahmer joke was incredible, by the way. Very nice timing and delivery, I must say.
  • rxb - November 24, 2011 4:58 a.m.

'Like a think shake' Great