Topics

Top 7

• ventanger - May 24, 2010 4:31 p.m.

I'm going to get boo'd, but Gears of War 2. It added in many more on-rails events where the objective to not die was impossibly vague (shoot the locust in the cockpit, kill the corpsers FROM RIGHT TO LEFT). It made every attempt to inject some cinematic atmosphere, at the cost of enjoyable gameplay. To top it all off, your AI partner was slightly dumber.
  • IronGuy410 - May 24, 2010 4:49 p.m.

i think just a new story and tighter controls are enough for me. and maybe a few new abilities and some interesting characters, but i'm not really picky as far as sequels go as long as they're just as fun or more fun than the first game. like resident evil 5 or mua2.
  • junkheep - May 24, 2010 5 p.m.

im gonna say the lego games no matter if its the star wars versons or batmen and the other there all the same id say
  • Ded - May 24, 2010 5:37 p.m.

DMC2.. Hideki Kamiya didn't direct it.. that was asking for trouble from the start. And you're so right about Soul Calibur IV, I got my 360 just for that game, as I was such a fan of the first Dreamcast one.. such a disappointment (the game, not the console). My favourite character Ivy was turned into an abomination :(
  • jpalz - May 24, 2010 5:38 p.m.

I thought that maybe Guitar Hero 3 could have made the list, or any of their band spinoffs. Sure, they can be pretty fun (specially Metallica), but in the end they're nothing more than glorified track packs. Ditto for Lego Rock Band :P
  • jpalz - May 24, 2010 5:41 p.m.

I forgot: Rock Band 2. Great game, but nearly identical to Rock Band 1.
  • Conman93 - May 24, 2010 5:57 p.m.

Very intresting article, even if I could predict most of the entries. I think that Resi 5 really improved on the mercenaries mini-game, but thats about it.
  • bluscorp - May 24, 2010 6 p.m.

There's three mistake's at Resi5. 1:"but we got got slight pube-trimmings in the shape of better graphics" You typed got got. 2:"With a friend hollering down the mic, Resi 4’s dense atmosphere and immaculate pacing were unceremoniously curb-stomped" You typed resi4 instead of resi5. 3:"The total lack of imagination or design falir" You typed falir instead of flair Great artical though Dave :p
  • zanthox - May 24, 2010 6:01 p.m.

I gotta agree on SC4, that game was a pretty big disappointment.
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - May 24, 2010 6:30 p.m.

There was a HUGE improvement between R:FoM and R2. The changes are many and obvious.
  • bluscorp - May 24, 2010 6:33 p.m.

I was about to type MW2, but they did tighten up the shooting, but fucked up the story and MP IMO. I'm not hating, just saying.
  • eee - May 24, 2010 7:01 p.m.

Everybody reads this Dynasty Warriors sucks fat hairy arse why do people keep buying these games you are giving them money to make more.
  • ColonelKc - May 24, 2010 7:20 p.m.

Halo 3: ODST SHOULD DEFINETLY BE ON THIS LIST! The game was worse than halo 3. waaay worse.
  • Zyrusticae - May 24, 2010 8:02 p.m.

I agree on Soul Calibur IV, but not on the specific points mentioned. The real kicker for me was the horribly, horribly laggy online play. A GREAT feature completely destroyed by what is possibly the single worst fighting-game netcode on the friggin' planet (seriously, INPUT LAG? In a FIGHTING GAME?!). Wish they'd patch the netcode so it didn't suck. Hell, I'd even pay a second time for a version like SSF4 that has non-borked online play.
  • V13Dragongal - May 24, 2010 9 p.m.

Even though I never played some of these I get the point. Some Sequals just arn't worth the money.
  • camelfro - May 24, 2010 9:53 p.m.

i loved the dynasty warrirs and resistance parts of this article thanks david
  • mubobi7593 - May 24, 2010 10:09 p.m.

Great article guys, and I agree definately with Res 2, it was a little "meh." Also, SMASHY-MASHY FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE! :P
  • RogueRED - May 24, 2010 10:22 p.m.

This article may as well be called "bitching about how they changed my games"
  • batman5273 - May 24, 2010 10:25 p.m.

great top 7, can't wait to hear about in on talk radar
  • TheCreamFilling - May 24, 2010 10:29 p.m.

Great Top 7, I really enjoyed it.