Topics

Top 7

• Harmonator - May 3, 2010 6:59 p.m.

When I saw the title of this article, I knew Sonic Advance would be #1... hell, I STILL play that on occasion :/ and I really hope Sonic 4 works out, for Sega's sake.
  • CatrParrot - May 3, 2010 6:36 p.m.

I thought this (or any Sonic-related) top 7 would've been written by Justin Towell.
  • CommandoDS - May 3, 2010 6:32 p.m.

Sonic Advance was an amazing game. I spent hours in the car trying to do speed runs and gather rings while the miles flew by.
  • MW3M - May 3, 2010 6:17 p.m.

I thought Sonic Battle was pretty sweet...
  • garnsr - May 3, 2010 4:24 p.m.

I never really liked the first Sonic, though I waited for it to come out on Genesis, and got both Adventures when they came out on Dreamcast, and never played them much, but I still have a fondness for him, for some reason.
  • gamingfreak - May 3, 2010 4:23 p.m.

The only way Sonic games are going to be good again is if Sega sells the franchise (which they won't).
  • tomthespesh - May 3, 2010 3:59 p.m.

I'm probably in the minority who liked shadow in adventure 2 battle. Granted every other game I've played with him is crap. Still if they made adventure 3 which kept along the same sort of style of adventure 2 they could be onto a winner (as long as the chao garden remains, I spent countless hours playing the game so I could get a unbeatable chao and thrash my mates).
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - May 3, 2010 3:54 p.m.

Oh and didn't you say the first Wii one was good? Also the Sonic Unleashed free downloadable version was excellent. Even if they mixed up the words 'demo' and 'highlights'
  • Romination - May 3, 2010 3:51 p.m.

You don't even know how much I hate having to remind you again and again that there's more to sonic than just fucking running as fast as you can. And you know that. And you've acknowledged that in the past. Christ.
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - May 3, 2010 3:49 p.m.

Does it really count if you include compilations. And Sega All-Stars Racing isn't really a Sonic game I mean under those grounds you could include Smash Bros. or the very good Sega EyeToy game (one of the best EyeToy games). In general I think Rush and Advance are too fast. Most of the time you just have to hold right and the game will deal with obstacles for you.
  • shadowarrior99 - May 3, 2010 3:37 p.m.

you can even ride bananas...
  • JimSterling - May 3, 2010 3:16 p.m.

YES! I cannot agree more with Sonic Advance. Sonic Advance truly was the tits and is still one of my favorite portable games ever. Don't know what you're smoking with Sonic Chronicles though. ;-)
  • Metroidhunter32 - May 3, 2010 2:41 p.m.

I still like Shadow the Hedgehog. And yeah, the chao garden is surprisingly fun and time consuming. I've put more time into it then the actual game.
  • TURbo - May 3, 2010 2:36 p.m.

TalkRadar 100 is going to suck with this as Top 7.
  • Tenfey - May 3, 2010 2:29 p.m.

Been a long time since I played a Sonic game. I'm not sure if I can ever go back.
  • BIOSback - May 3, 2010 1:52 p.m.

Adventure 2 Battle is my favorite 3d sonic game. I was dissapointed wit Sonic Heroes.
  • Mainman - May 3, 2010 1:30 p.m.

I had an eyebrow permanently raised when I saw Sonic Chronicles at the #3 spot, and it escalated further up my forehead when you cited its music as one of its strongest aspects. Aside from one or two decent battle tunes (which you provided), every soundbyte and music track seems to have fallen out of a cancelled Game Gear cartridge or else been composed with the assistance of Synthesiser For Dummies. However, 100% agreed about the ending. MY GOODNESS was that anticlimactic. Try going to the start of that embedded YouTube video and watch the final boss battle. You'll get to see some of the combat mechanics (the game's best aspect), but also what is undoubtedly the worst Super Sonic encounter ever made. (Actually, if you take this, Sonic Advance 3, Rush Adventure and a few others, you could probably make a Top 7 Worst Super Sonic Encounters article) reCaptcha: verschiedenen Berkeley (seriously?!)
  • Wolverine08 - May 3, 2010 1:03 p.m.

Excuse me where was Sonic heroes? Oh yeah that was rubbish aswell
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 3, 2010 12:54 p.m.

I was under the impression they all sucked...
  • OnyxOblivion - May 3, 2010 10:45 a.m.

I knew Sonic wasn't dead. It's just that no one listened...