• slickninja - December 20, 2009 8:54 p.m.

No surprise that GR would give it to Batman. I honestly think that you guys are being paid by Rocksteady. I mean, seriously, how many special features and articles has GR done on Batman? Too many to count. Batman was good, but it was also flawed. No way it's better than UC2. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I knew that was going to be your pick as I read the main page of the article. Detective work? You don't really have to figure anything out in BAA, you just switch to detective mode and follow(DNA, alcohol fumes, handprints, etc.) Without the Riddler maps you'd never find all the puzzles. The lack of an on-screen map was a major drawback(you'd think the advanced toys of Batman would afford him this luxury), and to get 100% completion, you have to go through those BS challenges (shock and awe extreme? wtf). It was good, but no Uncharted 2, not even close. My opinion.
  • kanerox547 - December 20, 2009 7:02 p.m.

wow i had no idea that there were that many actually somewhat known actors that did the voices to so many people in so many games this year
  • FALLINGINFIRE - December 20, 2009 4:51 p.m.

okami <3
  • noobeater - December 20, 2009 9:23 a.m.

resident evil was aweful...
  • NotBraze - December 20, 2009 6:09 a.m.

Just finished Arkham and I must say it was loads of fun, the boss fight at the end jumped the shark a little bit for me, but other than that it was great. I wouldn't say that it's as brilliant as BioShock but definitely my favorite game of the year and I'm tempted to go through it again already.
  • Anonymous93 - December 19, 2009 11:50 p.m.

Thank god MW2 did'nt get GOTY. Also, even if Uncharted was a good game (unfortunately havent tried it), I feel that GOTY should always go to a multi-platform game 'cause its not really fair on owners of other consoles and starts wars.
  • boxmeizter - December 19, 2009 11:39 p.m.

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves... There I said it! Lovely!
  • DaBadGuy - December 19, 2009 11:24 p.m.

great awards, Muramasa completely flew under my radar, not anymore.
  • GrenadeSpamAndSausages - December 19, 2009 10:54 p.m.

Thank goodness Modern Warfare 2 wasn't GOTY. Totaly agree with Batman: Arkham Asylum was easily one of the best games I've played all year. @John-117 stop bitching about Batman Arkham Asylum, even if it had taken aspects of different games, it was moulded so seamlessly it is positively beautiful. Also if you didn't get excited over Mark Hamill being the Joker again then you are obviously made of stronger stuff than I am.
  • ZombieAmmy - December 19, 2009 10:02 p.m.

I love how Ezio is the front and center in the banner for this and yet AC 2 only gets a honorable mention. Also Okami award made me lol.
  • Scotch - December 19, 2009 9:46 p.m.

yay! love it
  • oryandymackie - December 19, 2009 8:49 p.m.

Did Paul Ryan actually leave? I thought that was a joke......I hoped it was a joke. He actually left?!
  • RedOutlive10 - December 19, 2009 7:21 p.m.

I agree with the choice of AA as game of the year. The other titles are pretty much expected and honestly they didn't tremendously improve considering the renown of the developers behind them. Arkham Asylum on the other hand, from relatively unknown game producers delivered what many couldn't do with superhero based games. Just look at countless titles that dropped the ball.
  • BLOODmuffins - December 19, 2009 6:52 p.m.

First, thank you for not giving Modern Warfare 2 (which is admittedly awesome) an automatic shoe-in for GOTY. However, I think Uncharted 2 really deserved to be Game of the Year, with Assassin's Creed II as runner-up. Other than that, good job.
  • GameManiac - December 19, 2009 5:31 p.m.

Damn...
  • Guardian88 - December 19, 2009 4:59 p.m.

wha...no InFAMOUS?
  • axis56 - December 19, 2009 4:49 p.m.

i would not call resi 5 superb. it was orite, pretty good but not superb. i agree with the pick though. and arkham asylum is deserved winner
  • Skykid - December 19, 2009 3:15 p.m.

To add to my first comment, I totally overlooked it.
  • Skykid - December 19, 2009 3:11 p.m.

WTF?! No Modern Warfare 2?!?! Or did I just overlook that. By the way, Prototype totally earned that award.
  • rynmls - December 19, 2009 1 p.m.

nice one pro Batman here