• diddly - October 29, 2009 6:52 p.m.

Man, usually these lists are dead on (pun intended) but one of if not the best piece of zombie literature on the market is "World War Z" written by Max Brooks. Truly a defining piece of art, it actually made me check to make sure their weren't zombies walking around on the streets.
  • grappler51 - October 29, 2009 8:08 p.m.

How can you not like World War Z?!?!? It's literally one of the best books I've ever read. I DEMAND you add it right now! Also, has anyone read Death Troopers, which just came out. It's a star wars zombie novel and is pretty good.
  • RaIdEn - October 29, 2009 8:39 p.m.

my cousin and her boyfriend went to zombie walk. she had him on a leash and wen they passed a pub he would go "beeeeeeeeeeeeer" haha i miss that guy
  • mrandydixon - October 29, 2009 9:18 p.m.

@Tyler First off, not trying to be a dick, these are just my thoughts... I did read the intro, and I do understand (and respect) having a difference of opinion. What I don't understand is how a chainsaw controller can be part of a "genre’s defining relics" when one of the most well-respected and frequently-referenced zombie authors of our time isn't. I went to a David Sedaris reading a few years back and he liked Brooks' books so much he brought them with him on tour and sold them at the autograph table, just to spread the word. Sounds pretty "genre defining" to me :)
  • wraith509 - October 30, 2009 1:05 a.m.

what?!?!? no zombie survival guide FAIL at least it had 28 days later on the list
  • Red_Badger - October 30, 2009 6:44 p.m.

"Plague of the Dead" was written by Z.A. Recht, NOT R.A. Zecht. And you might as well throw in the fact that it's an ongoing trilogy known as the "MorningStar Strain". The second book is Thunder and Ashes, the third is on it's way. This series is quite possibly the best addition to zombie lore (literature wise) ever. This book has walking AND running zombies and a very clever explanation as to why. Like Zombies? MUST READ!
  • Red_Badger - October 30, 2009 6:46 p.m.

Morningstar Saga
  • Jedipimp0712 - November 2, 2009 5:48 a.m.

Night of the Living Dead brought to you with limited commercial interruption by none other than... DISNEY!! LMAO thats too funny. captcha = tiptoes Vetnamization ?? what the fuck?
  • aliEnRIK - November 2, 2009 4:09 p.m.

Im happy to see 'Return of the living dead' in there Truly an awesome film (Quality soundtrack too)
  • OddWoN ER - November 3, 2009 4:31 a.m.

and where is I AM LEGEND? or even its precursors (please forgive me, i forget their names) and i'm sure there are a few other things... but otherwise good article
  • randohsix - November 3, 2009 3:10 p.m.

good article. its really interesting to think how widely zombies are used in games. i noticed that all the shortcuts for the games on my desktop have some form of zombie influence in it... WoW, D2:LoD, L4D, Guild Wars, Bioshock, Fallout 3, Stalker: Clear Sky, Half-life 2, Plants Vs. Zombies... zombies ftw
  • TheGodEmperor - November 5, 2009 7:57 a.m.

No world war Z? Wtf, you guys are so fail it's unbelievable lol. That's by far the best Zombie book compared to the rest of that crap and better than almost every movie and game on that list. Left 4 Dead is overrated btw, not bad, but not up to the hype they promised.
  • nikrusty - September 15, 2010 9:22 a.m.

Stubbs the zombie rocks...pls make more for pc like that. I love being the zombie with humour Captcha - Experiment itudeamo