• NathanXplosion - April 12, 2011 6:19 p.m.

Looks interesting, then again I am a sucker for almost anything RE related.
  • TheManTheMythTheCountryKerzikstan - April 12, 2011 5:58 p.m.

Spin off Resi games have been kinda shitty in the past, but I'm honestly excited about RE:ORC. Maybe since the focus of this game is on action, it will leave room for a more horror filled Resi 6. And on a side note, I cant wait to play through RE:4 and Code Veronica again, with Chievos!
  • Clovin64 - April 12, 2011 5:49 p.m.

I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer deathmatches, but I'll keep an eye on the campaign mode.
  • RicePuddingUK - April 12, 2011 4:35 p.m.

Great(!) Another Resident Evil game ruined by superhero power rangers *Sigh* At least I still have Resi 1 and 2 to reassure me of the good ol' days.
  • deadhead8786 - April 12, 2011 4:27 p.m.

To uberjoe: There were no crimson head zombies in the original RE a decade ago. They only appeared in the RE remake. Maybe it was the dogs jumping through the windows that made you piss your pants a decade ago.
  • xombiesarelove - April 12, 2011 4:25 p.m.

"if your friends are around". I can see this being played online with strangers and them all running off while you get guillotined. RE is one of my favorite franchises, and still I haven't bought one since RE4. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - April 12, 2011 4:15 p.m.

^ It sounds like a blue shell, but if your friends are around, a hunter can be taken down before you're killed, so it's not quite a guaranteed streak-killer. Conversely if you're running around solo and the hunter tracks you down, you're probably in trouble.
  • db1331 - April 12, 2011 3:53 p.m.

"There’s another twist – every three minutes or so, a hunter will appear on the map and target the top player." Let's punish people for being good at the game. Sad to see the coolest enemy in the RE universe reduced to a blue shell.
  • F4G1TR0N - April 12, 2011 3:49 p.m.

@Uberjoe Was Bond meant to be silly? I always thought it was supposed to be more serious than anything. And for Resi being scary, think about the time that has passed, the first and second Resident Evil were scary because we did not know what to expect, hell I was scared of the first Resident Evil for years, but now I go back to play it and it is more frustrating than scary haha, but that could be due to me being used to different controls. "Scary" games are not as abundant as they once were ( Few instances in which they are include Dead Space and Silent Hill 3), they are beginning to die out. Even in Dead Space, after awhile things stop scaring you.Fear (the game) is not as scary when you know somethings gonna pop out and get you. Though this resident evil is not supposed to be scary, I feel that it is going to be a good addition to the series. As long as they don't half heart it, or change their minds and try to make it scary, it SHOULD be a good game to play, online and off. I for one am excited about this game, and can't wait to begin playing it.
  • bonerachieved - April 12, 2011 3:36 p.m.

BONER
  • Phoenix4 - April 12, 2011 3:28 p.m.

Disappointed..
  • uberjoe - April 12, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Although this does look very interesting, I feel that Resi's new direction is similar to Daniel Craig Bond films. They are popular and improve the formula but there is a steady backlash growing for a return to how it used to (scary for Resi, silly for Bond), for that is what made them what they were in the first place. Replaying REmake made me realise just how tame the scares are in action Resis. Crimson heads made me piss my pants just as they did nearly a decade ago.
  • Samael - April 12, 2011 3:14 p.m.

I'm intrigued by this game, as long as it doesn't change the numbered titles. RE6 needs a return to form. I was never scared in RE5. Never. They need to find a way to mix Survival Horror and Action, maybe take some lessons from Dead Space. But yeah, cautiously interested.
  • F4G1TR0N - April 12, 2011 3:10 p.m.

So excited about this haha, though others may say otherwise. Wondering if this game will be a flop or not, but hoping it will be awesome. Thanks for this preview!