• Shnubby - December 20, 2013 2:18 p.m.

Holy crap, Nier, Lost Odyssey and Enslaved are awesome. Everyone should play them! Oh and I'm pretty sure that Web of Shadows came out much longer ago than last year!
  • BaraChat - December 20, 2013 1:42 p.m.

I played Asura's Wrath, Spec Ops, Madness Returns, Heavenly Sword, Dungeon Siege III , House of the Dead, Warhammer Space Marines, Link's Crossbow Training , Mario Strikers Charged, Resistance 3 (best one in series), Enslaved (really loved it, great game), Virtua Fighter 5, Darksiders II, Sonic Generations, Pure, TWEWY, Shadow of the Damned, Metro Last Light, Singularity (GREAT, GREAT game, everyone should play it). Wow, not even 20, that's very disappointing... Thanks for the list though, I'll keep them in mind.
  • jdblick1002 - December 21, 2013 12:06 p.m.

only 13 myself! with a few other titles in my backlog Asura's Wrath, Spec Ops, Enslaved, Pure, EDF2017, The Club, COJ: Gunslinger, Ninjatown,TWEWY, Split Second, 999, Ghost Trick, and El Shaddai (well, about 3 hours of it; as the gameplay was horrid imo) makes me wonder WTH DID I play last gen...
  • Zoraman - December 20, 2013 1:42 p.m.

I feel good about myself. I played Fragile. I'm a good person :)
  • DarthPunk - December 20, 2013 1:19 p.m.

I'd like to give a shout out to Outland. Artsy downloadable platformer that for some reason didn't to catch on in the same way Braid and Limbo did despite in my opinion being a far superior game to them
  • freeden - December 20, 2013 12:51 p.m.

A few of these are on my favorite game list. Resonance Enslaved Condemned Valkyria Chronicles Shadows of the Damned Singularity These were all games I thoroughly enjoyed that deserved more than they got. Valkyria Chronicles in particular has been an excellent series with several completely enjoyable games. Sadly, we will never get the third game which seems like the darkest and most interesting. I would also add Vanquish to this list. It's an absolute blast of a game to play with some of the best boss fights I have seen in this last generation of games. Y's Origins is another game that was a lot of fun that PC gamers finally got a chance to go at, thanks to the wonderful folks at XSeed.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:39 a.m.

There's a fan project to translate the third Valkyria Chronicles game into English...
  • Sjoeki - December 20, 2013 12:06 p.m.

I think Alpha Protocol deserves a place on this list, I had a blast with that game.
  • Protoman85 - December 20, 2013 11:46 a.m.

I just registered to leave this comment: No Yakuza 3 or 4 in this compilation... for shame!
  • TheGreyWizard - December 20, 2013 11:19 a.m.

Alice Madness Retuns, Eternal Sonata, Enslaved, Blue Dragon, Folklore, Lost Odyssey, Heavenly Sword, and of course Valkyria Chronicles, are all in my top 25 games of the generation. Valkyria Chronicles in particular, is my choice for the best game of the 7th generation, with only The Last Of Us being close.
  • shawksta - December 20, 2013 10:27 a.m.

Awesome list especially with all those 3rd Party Wii games and stuff like Ghost Trick. I didnt think that Disney mystery game would be good, consider me interested and trying to get it. I dont know whether to think Super Paper Mario wasnt good enough to make the list, or isn't actually an overlooked game. Either way i f*cking loved it.
  • ateatree - December 20, 2013 9:39 a.m.

Should I count myself proud or alarmed that I've played 78 of these 100 games (including two different versions of Disgaea 3)? I don't really consider too many of these unduly overlooked - Pure, for instance, sold quite well, and Dark Sector got a spiritual successor in the free-to-play co-op shooter Warframe. Still, thanks for doing this feature and encouraging people to play good and weird older games!
  • GameManiac - December 20, 2013 9:21 a.m.

Let's see, of the games on this list, I've played and/or own a copy of Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Ninjatown, and The World Ends With You. And of these, I want to play Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Asura's Wrath, 999, and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Also, shouldn't Xenoblade Chronicles be on this list? Then again, maybe not, since it's a game that's more or less in demand.
  • cyco687 - December 20, 2013 9:18 a.m.

I'm not sure what made me pick up Enslaved but I'm so glad I did, fantastic game! So is Shadows of the Damned, I picked that up because the cover looked as ridiculous as the title and of course, Suda51.
  • 04whim - December 20, 2013 8:30 a.m.

"Then Web of Shadows snuck up last year"... I think we have very different ideas about how long ago 2008 was. Well anyway, I've played only five of these games. But there are a lot more on here I've meant to play but haven't gotten around to, whether it be because of it being on a console I don't own or whatever.
  • J-Fid - December 20, 2013 7:22 a.m.

Of all of these games, I only own just one of these: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
  • CitizenWolfie - December 20, 2013 5:10 a.m.

I seem to remember a lot of these games (Heavenly Sword especially) getting slated by reviewers when they came out. It's all very well looking back in hindsight and saying "Look what you missed, for SHAME!" when few of them ever came highly recommended in the first place. The previous gen games weren't exactly cheap - if you can only afford one game per month for example, are you going to go for something that is established and dependable and highly rated, or are you going to risk £45 on something that averaged about a 7 across the board? Anyway, ranting aside, of the ones I have played here, Spec Ops was easily one of my top ten favourites of the generation. It's pretty much changed the way I look at action shooters and video game stories in general.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:43 a.m.

I have been bewildered in the past by game magazines and game websites that are like "This game is very mediocre. Skip it." Then, when it has dismal sales, they are all "This is a good game! Maybe not a great one, but it doesn't deserve sales THIS low!" Seriously. If want people to play a game, better to recognize it's a great game the first time around. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Maybe they were too focused on "Super Shiny Call of Heroes Battlefield 20" to realize that they were giving a much better game a 6 out of 10 because it didn't have "super-ultra-detailed-graphix!"
  • universaltofu - December 20, 2013 12:55 a.m.

I heard skullgirls is being taken off psn/xbla like the marvel vs Capcom stuff, so a heads up while it's still there for those that want it. Great list, played and loved about 30 of these, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey (those memories got me every time), Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Nier (one of the best gaming soundtracks of all time hands down), most of those wii titles, virtua fighter, darksiders, the darkness, retro game challenge, blur, split second, shadows of the damned, el shaddai, EDF, Child of eden (these last four made 2011 an awesome summer in gaming along with Catherine!), Metro, hell yeah! Among the rest are several titles I've been meaning to get on, this serves as a perfect reminder.
  • Divine Paladin - December 20, 2013 4:02 a.m.

From what I understood, Skullgirls is already off, at least temporarily, due to Konami more or less being brats about the transition to a new publisher.