• comaqi - January 4, 2012 9:46 p.m.

Crysis 2, and TRAUMA. Crysis 2 because the only good thing they added was sliding and some parkour. That was it. And TRAUMA.... Well play it and you'll see.
  • FinderKeeper - January 4, 2012 9:43 p.m.

Mr. Veloria: You might find some comfort in the following video, as it describes a situation much like yours: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e07-youre-getting-old (cameo appearance by L.A. Noire) ;-)
  • Jacko415 - January 4, 2012 9:25 p.m.

And i was also very dissapointed by the lack of horses in AC:R. The whole game felt like it was neutured and streamlined so they could get it out in a year. Getting a very unfriendly call of dutyish chill up my spine.
  • Jacko415 - January 4, 2012 9:23 p.m.

I loved gears 3. But i wish they had stuck to the old plan of Waiting til the next gen. It just felt so... over done and empty. Like they just wanted to get it over with. The campaign was so god damn unfinnished especially story wise. HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT ADDRESS THE FACT THAT THE LOCUST QUEEN IS A HUMAN. NOT EVEN A SINGLE MENTION OF THE SIRES!!! I am aware that a lot of these questions are answered in the collectables and easter eggs... BUT EPIC IS NOT VALVE. EPIC CANT BE SUBTLE LIKE THAT. THEY ARENT CLEVER ENOUGH TO GET AWAY WITH THAT.
  • birdman1041 - January 4, 2012 9:22 p.m.

Thanks Matt Cundy, I eagerly awaited L.A. Noire looking forward to it, I wasn't expecting a GTA or RDR clone or anything...loved the concept and facial animation tech, I just couldn't wait!! And Then...cutscene after cutscene after cutscene...an empty city with no interesting side missions...relentless handholding that meant it was impossible to fail...I'll never forget finding a stanza of the Shelley poem, starting to think about what the next location could be and then Cole blurted out the answer as soon as he got in the car.
  • phoenix_wings - January 4, 2012 9:09 p.m.

Charlie, in all of the reviews that I saw, all of the videos and commentaries that I watched/heard - you're the first that's openly hated on Catherine. For very valid reasons, too. Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3DS and DEAD ISLAND. And that...makes me very sad.
  • amaro57 - January 4, 2012 9:03 p.m.

I actually enjoyed Catherine quite thoroughly DUE to it's box pushing puzzles. (I'm a puzzle fiend.) Also, completely agree with Moondoggie1157 and BladedFalcon, Cooper. =\
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 4, 2012 8:54 p.m.

C'mon Cooper, disliking a game because of it's ridiculous enemies is kinda low (if it was too hard just admit it :P I kid). I had some trouble with BB, but I can't blame it on the controls, I thought they were spot on (minus the sliding, sometimes). I felt like I accomplished something by beating it... Mind you, I haven't achieved perfect scores on all the levels. This is a personal opinion article so I won't rip on you... But Bloodrayne is definitely on my top 5 list this year. Embrace the rocket knives and giant saw chase, love them, LOVE THEM. Aside from that, I have to agree with most of the article, I haven't played all the mentioned games, but the ones I missed, were missed because I have no interest... so yea. Don't hate on Bloodrayne, an actual challenge was a great relief.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 4, 2012 8:54 p.m.

Lay off, grammar nazis, I noticed the mistakes...
  • FemJesse - January 4, 2012 11:13 p.m.

Nah, there's a difference between a challenge and crummy controls that were implicitly designed for combat purposes being used in an inappropriate way... -because they wanted to shoehorn platforming into the title!
  • BladedFalcon - January 5, 2012 5:33 a.m.

You have a jump action that correctly judges how much you hold it down so you can measure your jump. You're even given further control of your jumping by having an aerial dash that kicks in whenever and for how long you need it to. There's nothing wrong about the controls for platforming. And if you were a bit less ignorant, you would know that MOST action 2D games almost always have a combination of combat and platforming. Castlevania, metroid, Contra, Shinobi, megaman, etc. Putting platforming isn't shoehorning in any way so much as just keeping with he standards of the genre.
  • FemJesse - January 5, 2012 3:38 p.m.

Yes because its completely organic to have to hold down two buttons the moment you touch on an enemy while attacking other enemies... Obviously the game is completely intended and designed around platforming, and I'm just a noob. How big did you say your epeen was again?
  • BladedFalcon - January 5, 2012 4:47 p.m.

I love how you keep bringing the epeen thing again as if saying that automatically made me an overachieving douche without no further argument needed. Also note that I have never even called you a noob or unskilled. At worst, I consider that you either don't have the patience, or the taste for such kind of games. But noo! you HAVE to blame it one the game necessarily, you can't be possibly at fault! If the game was littered with invisible hitboxes, making you miss a platform that was drawn there and had no hitbox, THAT would be poor design. If the game forced you to hold down the bottom face button and press the upper face button at the same time, (the ones that are apart from each other, no next to each.) THAT would be shitty control layout. This game does neither. It would be easier for you to say that you simply dislike this game, and it's not for you. But nooo, you HAVE to call the game shitty, and you have to insult people that happen to actually like it.
  • FemJesse - January 4, 2012 11:14 p.m.

But yea if I wasted my money on that turd, I'd want to justify my purchase by beating it, too.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 5, 2012 7:14 a.m.

Well, I had no problems with the "shoehorned" platforming nor the crummy controls. Don't worry, there will be plenty of hand holding turds for you to waste your money on :)
  • gondarpwns - January 4, 2012 8:41 p.m.

I agrre with most of u except on GoW3 it was amazing. Sure it didnt feel as important in the story as 1&2 but beside that fact MP is the best one i have played other than BF3. Not the same thing like MW, even though its not bad I own it.
  • kingsmikefan - January 4, 2012 10:01 p.m.

well, they both talked about how the game's SINGLE PLAYER disappointed them. Apparently that's what they wanted. I did too. And I had the same reaction
  • MasterBhater - January 4, 2012 8:41 p.m.

My personal choice for most disappointing? UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION I wanted that game so bad. Greg I'm-A-Sony-Fanboy Miller had given it a ten. Out of ten. I thought it was going to be my favorite gaming experience of this year, at least the ratings said it should. Instead, I found a game with repetitive, unrealistic gunplay, with enemies that appeared seemingly out of nowhere, all looking the same. A story with more plot holes than swiss cheese, one that had so many similarities to Among Thieves that I nearly checked the disc to see I had the right game, and to top it all off it was short, mind-numbingly short, replaced by a multiplayer component that, while it was fun, still didn't deserve the attention it got. For shame, Uncharted. For shame.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - January 4, 2012 8:33 p.m.

How can anyone defend Gears 3? It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but the 4-player co-op really did cripple it. I loved the first 2 games, but 3 was simply not as good as either of them. The campaign lacked any kind of narrative structure or central plot device and came to the least satisfying conclusion since Halo 2. And, yes, I was really sad when Dom died, but killing a likable character is a lazy, lazy, LAZY way to add gravitas to a story.
  • MasterBhater - January 4, 2012 8:43 p.m.

Why are all these people s****ing on Gears 3's STORY? Who the hell plays Gears for the campaign when the multiplayer was some of the most polished stuff I've played in years?