• SexualTyrannosaurus - July 10, 2010 2:45 a.m.

This is the first game I ever played around with a Sound Test in. Admittedly, it was originally so I could put in the level select code (19, 65, 9, 17), but I found myself hanging out on songs to really take in the music. Compared to most people, Chemical Plant Zone is one of my least favorites. As far as regular game music, I think the Final Boss is some of the catchiest boss music ever made while still being ominous. And the Sky Chase tune is so sparkly and groovy, it's my favorite zone music. But what really held my attention in the Sound Test was the music I didn't hear in single player. The unused Hidden Palace Zone music is a little repetitive but very mystical and dreamy. And I didn't get to play the 2-player Races much, but they each had FANTASTIC unique music. Emerald Hill, Aquatic Ruins, Casino Night, and Mystic Cave, all with (in my opinion) the best music in the game. Topped off with a RIDICULOUSLY catchy Race Results tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d48hVMZQjmU I would sit my 12-year-old self down and just listen to these songs loop over and over. If you never heard these, I can't recommend them enough. Perfect choice for Game Music of the Day.
  • philipshaw - July 10, 2010 9:58 a.m.

Good pick but for me Chemical Plant zone is the best sonic song out of any of the games. The song always gets me pumped
  • shyfonzie - July 10, 2010 12:35 p.m.

Yeah Sonic music!
  • Tomsta666 - July 11, 2010 2:33 p.m.

Sonic 2 is by far my favourite of the oldskool Sonic games, and by far has the best music of the series. Chemical Plant zone and Robotik's theme I have on my phone that I use as ringtones!!
  • Genericide - July 11, 2010 11:13 p.m.

It might be easier to just point out which songs from this game AREN'T awesome. Because out of all roughly 20 tracks I can only think of like two. Hell even the OPTIONS music is badass and catchy.
  • RobTheBuilder - July 12, 2010 1:05 p.m.

I can still hum note for note almost every track of Sonic 1 and 2 (MD and GG)... Chemical Plant is my favourite from Sonic 2, followed by Aquatic Ruin. That said the music from S1 is so hard to beat, Marble Zone, SpringyardZone and Starlight Zone are awesome. The switch to guitar lost the tunes, very sadly. If sonic Colours and 4 should learn one lessons it should be to Megaman10 the music.