• AssBurgersFTW - June 4, 2009 2:13 a.m.

No matter how good this is I still will look down on the Wii untill at least 20% of the games are not total shovel-ware crap(same goes for you DS[i])
  • Soadogsownz - June 4, 2009 2:03 a.m.

GamesRadar get the fuck off the internet! You are worst then the worst of the fanboys I have met. Nintendo announced 3 AAA games (Metroid, Galaxy, mario bros 2) for the wii in one conference and yet you manage to bitch and act like they failed. Your whole "whats the difference" argument can be made about any sequel ever made, but it is only done when only one video is shown by the fucking worst of fanboys the "editor" David Houghton should never been able to have anything to do with official gaming. There is a huge thread about how ridiculous this is and a boycott is starting I hope you fanboys are happy. End Rant... You kids are pathetic... actual end.
  • Hellwilder - June 4, 2009 1:30 a.m.

Looks pretty good
  • mastersword369 - June 4, 2009 12:31 a.m.

what I was hoping for was a new Star Fox. And I don't know about the rest of you guys, but Nintendo and it's crappy casual games are slowly killing my Nintendo fandom.
  • GaMeRGuY1oh4 - June 3, 2009 10:49 p.m.

Sorry for seconding, but I forgot smething. If Super Mario Galaxy 2 is Hardcore, then it's worth getting. The first one was very easy. reCaptcha: to crowley
  • jarede73 - June 3, 2009 10:39 p.m.

There are probably five metric tons of great ideas for SMG that never made it in the game. Leaving these on the cutting room floor would be a shame. When the first was so enjoyable, why not release that content in the form of another game? I don't believe a game has to always offer significant evolution from its predecessor. Either it's fun or it's not. I'm betting SMG2 will score high on the fun factor.
  • fionnoh - June 3, 2009 9:31 p.m.

"The usual inane blandathon, drenched in the acrid juices of casual lifestyle aspiration?" no actually, thats not what i thought. i knew there was going to be stuff for the casual market, it would be wrong for ninty not to cater for them at this point, but there was more than enough to keep me satisfied. "But now we have Super Mario Galaxy 2, and for once a new Mario game looks like a clone of the one before it." miyamoto said it would be 95 to 99% original ideas that just never made it into the first game. like left 4 dead 2, theres so much that could've gone into the first one, but sadly didn't. just because it's in space again doesn't mean it's bad. really this is the very worst thing about E3, everyone makes assumptions about new games they didn't even know was coming based on a single trailer and a few minutes of a showman talking, but you didn't even listen to the real showman of ninty in e3, miyamoto is where the real deal is at.
  • grappler51 - June 3, 2009 9:24 p.m.

I agree with you. Nintendo usually releases a new Mario once every 5 or so years. This is a new one 2 years after the first Super Mario Galaxy. This one looks exactly the same. I'll still buy this, but I would have preferred something new, like Kid Icarus, of F-Zero.
  • noobeater - June 3, 2009 8:41 p.m.

although i sold a wii to get a 360 mario galaxy and zelda:TP still leave an imprint on me mario galaxy was awesome in everyway and really doesnt need to be changed...either release a few extra level in a similar way to how DLC for 360 works or change it completely...or better still, leave galaxy alone so we can always enjoy it. (which i think surpassed all games, even SM64 which is saying something big)
  • Unoriginal - June 3, 2009 8:21 p.m.

I am not going to sell my Wii but I am definately going to be purchasing a new platform. With PS3 and 360 having showcased superior Motion Controls and 360 being cheaper than a Wii, Nintendo has lost it's uniquness. Don't get me wrong, I am still looking forward to many games on the platform, but that Wii Vital Sensor just doesn't excite me enough to stay Nintendo Exclusive.
  • jabba1st - June 3, 2009 7:44 p.m.

i was hoping sooooo much for f-zero,if it doesent come next year, i may consider giving up, i love mario and will buy the game but one genre is not enough to keep me entertained (i havent baught a wii game since brawl, that was allmost a year ago, nothing has appealed to me)
  • MacGyver1138 - June 3, 2009 7:35 p.m.

I don't know. I don't really think that every Mario game has been a whole lot more innovative than those before. The Doki-Doki Panic version of SMB2 that we got in the States was a big change, but that wasn't the original plan, and the Japanese version was essentially a harder version of SMB. Also, SM Sunshine wasn't much different than SM64, other than updated graphics and the stupid paint-washing FLUDD mechanic. We've been through these and still have decent Mario games, so I think that Nintendo could pull it off. It should be a good game, so long as they don't try to water it down for casual appeal.
  • Yar - June 3, 2009 6:24 p.m.

I'm sitting on the fence here. I do think that announcing 4 different Mario games at E3 is pushing it (What about Kirby? Kid Icarus? Starfox? F-Zero?) But I still think Nintendo deserves praise for this move. We asked them for more core games, and they're delivering.