• Genericide - June 3, 2009 11:17 p.m.

Maybe I'm the minority here, but I could care less if Nintendo released several mario games using the same engine, so long as they switched with each new console. There have always been complaints that Nintendo relies to much on re-releasing the same games, but other companies just release some really similar games that aren't near the same quality, and just because different shooters, racers, ect. on other consoles have different names doesn't mean they aren't incredibly similar. The point is that although I completely agree with the resistance to Nintendo's current direction, I'll take similar mario sequels over Imagine Party Babyz any day.
  • Defguru7777 - June 3, 2009 11:11 p.m.

I remember when you did the BioShock 2 feature someone asked if all British journalists were pessimistic assholes. I disagree with him and continue to, but your articles do tend to be pessimistic. Still, good article, pessimistic or not.
  • triforcerpgfreek - June 3, 2009 11:09 p.m.

what are you talking about gamesradar? super mario galaxy 2 looks epic its way differn't than the first I just wanted a new wii zelda
  • GaMeRGuY1oh4 - June 3, 2009 10:46 p.m.

Well, there is so many Mario games for E3. Not that it worries me. But there were some series I wished would show up. Super Smash Bros Ds, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, that may use the Wii Wheel, Star-Fox, Kirby, and many others. But Metroid: Other M looks very good. But that is really the only hard core series, that I've heard of, that showed up there. Any Ways, it really seems like they ran out of ideas. Most of the stuff announced are sequels or spin-offs. Which is a little sad. But almost every game looks good. Mario & Luigi I think will be very original, because now you have Bowser, and you are usually inside Bowser's stomach, or insides, so you have certain... "elements" that you have to face. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks looks a little... well... strange, I guess. I mean, the dungeons look really nice, and I think you get to use a Phantom person or whatever they're called, for your advantage. That will make things interesting. And the NSMBWII looks really cool, and it uses the elements of CO-OP, which I love. Wii Sports Resort looks nice too. It has nice graphics, for the Wii. And some cool sports too. AND SWORD FIGHTS! WITH WII MOTION PLUS! But they really need a Zelda using that too. Wii Fit Plus is okay, since I use Wii Fit, but it's nothing to get excited about. But it would be nice to transfer your Wii Fit data over. Anyways, again, I am disappoitned but impressed with Nintendo's E3 conference. reCaptcha: cabernet feel
  • Amnesiac - June 3, 2009 8:01 p.m.

This article is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. The charm of the series is in how it keeps reinventing itself. I don't doubt it will be great, but it reeks of Ninty desperately and hastily trying to please whatever core audience it has left. Recaptcha: feeling stresses. Appropriate for E3 week.
  • sourmoomoo95 - June 3, 2009 8:01 p.m.

i was really praying Nintendo would redeem itself this year but they didn't bring much to please their longtime fans. This and that new metriod are all I'm really looking forward to and I'm not looking forward to either of those titles much compared To halo ODST and left 4 dead 2. In truth the only thing that will win me back to Nintendo is some sort of Trailer for PIKMIN FREAKING 3.
  • Z-man427 - June 3, 2009 7:43 p.m.

I really want this to succeed. I'm a former nintendo fan who really wants to see them back on their A game. Granted, this will be a good game, but i'm just worried that it won't be what they need to keep from losing their core fans to M$ or Sony. But then i think "It's friggin' Mario. It will be immensely fun and enjoyable, no matter how THE SAME it is to the previous entry." Ninty might be taking the approach of "It's not broken. Why tinker?" on this one, which can be good and bad. i just hope this is as good as everyone hopes reCAPTCHA: sheriff Police
  • RonnyLive19881 - June 3, 2009 7:41 p.m.

Listen to MacGyver, he can kill you with his contacts Lol.
  • RonnyLive19881 - June 3, 2009 7:31 p.m.

If*
  • RonnyLive19881 - June 3, 2009 7:29 p.m.

What are you guys babbling about? Did you not hear Miyamoto say it is going to be a HARDER version of Galaxy to please core fans? It is pretty much what Super Mario Bros Lost levels was but tons better. I you look closely the graphics are actually Improved and Yoshi was there. I can't wait for this new entry. It will probably surpass Galaxy in sales and quality!
  • Darthwaluigi - June 3, 2009 7:03 p.m.

this article is like my voice taken out of my head. I read moment by moment what was happening at the Nintendo conference, read updates, and was just cringing. Dont get me wrong, I have been a long time Nintendo fan, and the announcement of Galaxy 2 got me pumped... but that was basically it. Reading this basically showed me what was missing this year... You guys hit the nail on the head with this one. I very much hope a turnaround is in the works.
  • SanePsychotic - June 3, 2009 6:59 p.m.

I'm hoping that there's more to Mario Galaxy 2 then they're showing us. So far it seems exactly like the first Mario Galaxy (which was great), but there's already one of those; we don't need another. Hopefully there'll be more to it all.
  • LucYou - June 18, 2009 12:12 p.m.

Yeah I hope nintendo makes a turn around soon aswell, I've been a nintendo fangirl for basically my whole life and the way the company is going is quite worrying, I'm happy that a new Zelda title is being released but where's the new Kid Icarus?! Pit diserves some recognition people!
  • JazzFusionJazz - June 9, 2009 9:11 a.m.

You just did this article for provocation. "Sums up Nintendo's wrongs". Jesus. They made one of the best, most inventive games ever and DARE offering their unused ideas in a sequel? I really hope Nintendo don't read too many gaming websites, ignorant bs like this should not affect their work.
  • marioman523 - June 8, 2009 2:31 a.m.

RadarQJD is right.
  • SPIKEtheHEDGEHOG - June 7, 2009 5:42 p.m.

This article is exactly the oppisite of sonic games. Every sonic game is different, and people always complain that "We want the old sonic" nice article btw. i hope SMG2 will be fun!
  • MonsterA95 - June 7, 2009 11:33 a.m.

Gonna be a rotten year for me thats for sure. With Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver coming out 2010, SMGII the holidays, and I need to save a grand and a half for something else... 2010 is gonna fall down harder than the press conference.
  • kanucksfan - June 7, 2009 6:05 a.m.

Why does everyone hate on Nintendo all of the sudden? Sure they've hit hard times, so what? They've had a good run (IN NO WAY AM I SAYING THIS LIKE IT'S THE END. I certainly hope it's not the end...) but they need releases like this. 2 years is over 700 days so why is everyone saying complaining about the length inbetween releases? I personally would like to see releases from different franchises from Nintendo, like everything that didn't get announced at E3 but has been talked about countlessly everywhere (New Kid Icarus, Pikmin 3, etc, etc...). A direct sequel is usually a little bit less loved than the original. Not because the sequel is bad, but just because the original is often revolutionary and sets the bar for years to come, even from releases that aren't direct sequels (LoZ:OoT setting the standards for all Zelda games. Ever). I can see this game cracking a 10/10 here because of how awesome it already is. If nothing is wrong with the original, why change a lot? And so ends my rant of why this game will be amazing. Here's to hoping Brutal Legend will be amazing as well
  • disturbedanomaly39 - June 7, 2009 3 a.m.

sorry for the double post but i forgot, does it really mater if its only two years from the last game and i am still a little dissapointed with e3 again (no f***ing sign of f zero wii or kid icarus) but i was pleased to see less of that shithead reggie ad a lot could have gone wrong ReCaptcha:thak god none of that crap in that article before e3 whe gr was bracing themselves
  • kodesy - June 7, 2009 1:30 a.m.

@johnthe5th Don't you notice how a lot of those games are either multi-platform games or franchises that did well on other systems? The devs thought "Hmm, it did really well on 360 and/or PS3, maybe a Wii version would sell? Let's make one and find out." For example, SH:Shattered Memories is on PS2, Wii and PSP..sooo, a handheld, the old Playstation and the least graphically capable current gen system. The Wii very rarely has exceptional titles..even the DS is recycling games for christ sakes..don't get me wrong, I effing love Chrono Trigger and the old FFs, but seriously..they need more original games like Dementium and less of horribly worn out games like Castlevania..a truly next-gen Castlevania would be WICKED, but instead, they keep making old fashioned ones like the THREE I think they have on DS..recycle, recycle and recycle some more! @Everyone grilling GR Seriously people, if you have such a problem with GR, find a different site. I'm pretty sure I saw something being said about this site being a hardcore gamers' site and with all the damn fanboys getting too much sand in their vaginas..I could believe it. What makes this site SEEM that way is all the bitching and whining of fanboys. PS3 and 360 devotees don't get anywhere near this riled! Like one dude who said that he's thirty two years old and he's still getting all pissy! Get real and grow up, people. They're video games, certain people like certain ones. If you want fun, unique gameplay, play Wii..if you want immersive, gripping stories AND fun, play 360 or PS3..This is just a flame war of opinions, I don't see many facts floating around here. For example, MY opinion is that every system has it's perks..personally, I have a 360 and PS3, but my younger bro has a Wii and I still love playin it(and he's 16 btw, so he's not a little kid).