Topics

BioShock

• ledzeppdekk - April 21, 2013 11:58 a.m.

People might kill me for saying this: But I'd love to see a co-op wave defense mode added to BioShock. The combat was so much fun, and I think teaming up with a friend or two with vigors, and skylines at your disposal could be really fun. Maybe two story DLCs and a wave defense mode would be great.
  • chavbuster1 - April 20, 2013 6:50 p.m.

Still not got this, but want to get it.... Is the gameplay good? How long is the whole thing? Will it take me on an emotional roller-coaster?
  • andrew-obele - April 22, 2013 12:05 p.m.

I highly, highly recommend this game to gamers who appreciate a game with great atmosphere and mood. Infinite was a fantastic followup to Bioshock because of the parallel themes juxtaposed in opposite yet eerily similar settings. The foley is chilling (the steampowered-like sounds in the floating city of Columbia give me goosebumps when I wear gaming headphones while playing), and the soundtrack is alsmost as unique and complimentary to every other aspect of the game as possilbe. The visuals are GORGEOUS, topping even the original Bioshock. Think of when you first saw the release trailer for Mirror's Edge - you'll experience a very similar feeling on multiple occasions when being introduced to various sections of the floating city. I had a fantastic time exploring every corner of the game's universe, all the while enjoying using 8 (or 9, not sure) unique and very useful Vigors in combat, paired with classic and amazing gunplay similar to the game's 2 predecessors. One more thing: It's not an emotional rollercoaster until you get to the end. Finish the game, stay after the credits, then IMMEDIATELY get some comfort by looking up some explanations of the ending online. Have fun!
  • chavbuster1 - April 23, 2013 7:07 a.m.

Haha a great review :D You have convinced me, sir! I'll be sure to pick this up. Thank you for your in-depth analysis and break-down, answered all my questions! (^_^)
  • BookerDeWitt582 - April 18, 2013 3:22 p.m.

What I want to see is more action from Anna. Even though Anna is technically Elizabeth, I want to see a story where like she is the heroine. Like maybe Elizabeth is wandering through tears and meets up with Anna, who in that world is Elizabeth's age. The two could team up and wander through like a version of Columbia where it existed forever so it was a little more modern. That would give the player a chance to play as someone else. Maybe Anna's goal would be to find out why Booker (her dad) had to die, but she couldn't ask Elizabeth because she was suffering from total amnesia. It could be interesting.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 15, 2013 6:04 a.m.

Other than the "Martyr Booker" alternate timeline and wondering how Booker was able to use the Rapture bathyspheres, I'm actually quite happy with all the other threads of Bioshock Infinite. Stuff like the Songbird and how some of the other heavy hitters came to be are better kept a mystery I think and likewise with the Booker and Comstock's history. We already know what made Booker come to choose/reject baptism and how Comstock came to be.
  • Spectro1111 - April 14, 2013 9 p.m.

What I would like to know is how do giant slow airships successfully pull of a mass bombing of New York in the 80's? Does that version of the U.S. not have jets? Like how many planes does it take to pop an air ship? Or for that matter radio surely someone saw those things coming. This is what I see happening first someone spot a fleet of ships, second a small armada of fighter pilot is dispatch, third said armada pops aforementioned fleet of airships, forth U.S. lunches nuke at Columbia THE END. And come on even if they succeeded Colombia is just ONE flying city, that reads GIANT BULL'S EYE all over it there's no way it could take out the world.
  • Pytor - April 14, 2013 1:47 p.m.

They have to do something with Lady Comstock! Is there a relationship (at a quantum level of course) between her and Booker's dead wife? What's up with the her Ghostly state? Will they play more Mozart in the DLC concerning her? What is her cup size? I need to know!
  • tehtimeisnow - April 14, 2013 1:17 p.m.

boisock is sucks so bad its just a bad call of duyt ripof seruoisely trust me just play cod baclk ops2 insted its by far the beter gane
  • BaraChat - April 13, 2013 9:52 p.m.

I think anything with Songbird in it would be pretty interesting. As far as making DLCs in other realities (Rise of Comstock, Booker as a martyr, etc.), I don't know if it would be THAT enjoyable to do anything in a reality/dimension that would eventually be destroyed by Booker's sacrifice. I find it hard to see what the point would be. Anyway, I'm sure Irrational will come up with pure genius, as always.
  • Sjoeki - April 13, 2013 4:36 p.m.

It would be awesome to see more Songbird, and I can't wait to see more back and forth from the Lutece twins. On another note, I'm going through the game again now and I noticed something I found pretty amusing. After you wake up on Battleship Bay and go from the first beach to the second to find Elizabeth, you go though this little building and as you enter and turn left you find a stroller there. The first time I played it I was pretty focussed on finding Elizabeth and didn't notice it. But now that I took my time it reminded me of the first Bioshock, and yes there is handgun ammo in the stroller. Nice little easteregg if you ask me.
  • cricket0 - April 13, 2013 1:50 p.m.

I think showing how Vigors were invented/ tested would be an amazing thing to do. Another good idea would be to show how Columbia came to be would be cool, cause I never learned why the city was built, or how Comstock convinced anybody to build it for him Finally, and this is a REALLY big stretch, but what if they had one of those alternate timelines, and had Columbia try to invade and take over Rapture. Founders, Patriot Mechs, and Handymen going up against splicers and Big Daddies? Who wouldnt want to see that?
  • talleyXIV - April 13, 2013 10:36 a.m.

I'd love to see Rapture/New York. The whole idea of changing the way we look at BioShock 1 is brilliant and if they pull it off it will be insane.
  • taokaka - April 13, 2013 4:28 a.m.

My idea is for one of the story missions is to play a series of short alternate possibilities that could've been possible. *minor spoilers* For example Booker is pulled through a tear and awakes to find that both him and Elizabeth have made it to Paris and after some character development and a bit of light hearted storytelling he is pulled through another. He then goes on a series of short, darker adventures where each one is just one of many possibilities of the continuum shift (Oh My God! I only just realised Infinite's ending totally ripped of Blazblue:CS's bad endings) But back on track, one of the ones I thought could be a possibility is Booker is the Songbird. You stated that the songbird was like a big daddy in regard to being part human therefore the best explanation for the Songbird's parent like nature is if it was constructed from either of Elizabeth's parents. So possibly Booker or an unknown mother.
  • ventanger - April 12, 2013 10:54 p.m.

The game really did seem to set up Booker DeWiit: Martyr of the Vox Populi as a story to be told at another time. I also thought about them going back to Wounded Knee or Peking, but it would be hard to imagine Irrational allowing you to go slaughter Native Americans and/or Japanese anti-imperialists. Just seems really, really uncomfortable and out of place compared to the rest of the villains you face, but hey, Ken Levine is a master of manipulating the conventions of the gaming medium, so who knows what we'll have in store.
  • T8k8O - April 12, 2013 3:38 p.m.

Looking foward to the dlc :D