Topics

Best FPS Games

• bamit11 - July 12, 2012 9:51 p.m.

I would say Fallout 3 or New Vegas whichever you want. I know you could also go to #rd person, but come on, who actually played in 3rd person?
  • HerpingmyDerp69 - July 13, 2012 12:18 a.m.

I totally forgot about those...ahha those should be on here, along with Duke Nukem 3D
  • QuickSticks45 - July 12, 2012 9:37 p.m.

My only complaint is that bulletstormm is higher on the list than metroid prime. Now bulletstorm is a good game no doubt, but I feel like Metroid Prime was just better as a whole.
  • HerpingmyDerp69 - July 12, 2012 9:25 p.m.

I'm getting sick of seeing "Bulletstorm" in stuff. I mean here it got a perfect 10 while games like "Shadows of the Damned" (different type of game I know) get a 8 or 9. "Bulletstorm" was fun for like 20 minutes. Then it just got annoying. The story was very weak, it was too short, (I beat it in 4 hours) the voice acting wasnt good at all, and many other things. I read the review, and hyped myself up for it, expecting "Genre changing game play" and "Challenging combat puzzles", then I got it, and was disappointed. No puzzles, annoying one-liners after a while. It honestly deserved a 6 at best. I mean, it was cool with its scoring system, but that got old. To me, the game was just horrible, and wasnt fun after the first 20 minutes. But, this is my opinion. Sorry if it offends yall or something. That game just pissed me off.
  • FlagrantPilgrim - July 12, 2012 7:19 p.m.

Why not Rage?I know it's not necessarily revolutionary, but it is a must-play in my opinion. Despite all the 7-8/10's it was given, it's a fantastic game that deserves more praise that it got.
  • usmovers_02 - July 12, 2012 8:48 p.m.

I so wanted to like Rage. But... yeah.
  • revengeriddle - July 13, 2012 12:31 a.m.

Doesn't an 8/10 imply it is a very good game and well worth playing? No offence, just struck me as an odd statement is all.
  • FlagrantPilgrim - October 7, 2012 2:09 p.m.

The reviews themselves were odd like that. It received all those high ratings, but it seemed like all anyone talked about were it's flaws, which made it seem like a sub-par game despite getting high ratings.
  • LovesJapanManga - July 12, 2012 5:38 p.m.

I can understand they wanted to put them up on that list... BUT WHERE THE HELL IS DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION??? In my personal opinion, that one is the best one of all.
  • Bloodstorm - July 14, 2012 5:17 p.m.

Deus Ex HR is included under Deus Ex
  • azureguy - July 12, 2012 5:18 p.m.

10 games for the entire FPS genre, no matter if singleplayer or multiplayer, is very short. But they got the games that are both good and revolutionary right, namely Halo, Half-Life 2, Doom and Deus Ex. Crysis is nice, but ultimately is not as revolutionary as the Gravity Gun. Still a solid game. As for Metroid Prime trilogy, all 3 games are of top quality, but on a personal level I would recommend Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The concept of the two parallel worlds is so well-done and especially on Hard Mode will give you a great challenge. Also, unlike Prime 1 that had an easy last boss and Prime 3 which had an impossible last boss on hard mode (msotly because of the controls), Prime 2 has a boss that is just about right.
  • usmovers_02 - July 12, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Normally I don't comment on these "Top 10" or "Must Play" lists because they are clearly opinion. And FC2, Bioshock, Halo and Doom are all great games and I can understand the arguments in favor of the other games. But no Chronicles of Riddick?!?
  • Bloodstorm - July 14, 2012 5:20 p.m.

I agree, both of them are some of the most unique and fun games out there.
  • RonnyLive19881 - July 12, 2012 4:31 p.m.

Ugh, this site likes Valve a little to much... Half Life 2 was just... just any other game Lol
  • usmovers_02 - July 12, 2012 4:37 p.m.

I can't speak for HL1, but when HL2 launched there was nothing else like it graphically or storytelling wise out there. Obviously, it's been outdone on just about every level since it originally came out. Heck, I LOVED the game when it first came out but find it incredibly dull now.
  • RonnyLive19881 - July 12, 2012 5:13 p.m.

I played it on my rich friends PC back when it came out, I guess I'm just to much of a Nintendo fan or something because I just found it very... I don't know. I found my self comparing it to System Shock 2 and Metroid Prime and I found it duller than both. I got stuck sooooo many times it got to the point I almost hated the game Lol I never appreciated the game until after I got Orange Box and played the game and the two expansions all in a matter of a few days. Sure I did have some fun(did't get stuck ones Lol) BUT the games got nothing on Left4Dead. I say Valve stick to those games!
  • RonnyLive19881 - July 12, 2012 5:16 p.m.

once*
  • Bloodstorm - July 14, 2012 5:22 p.m.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Someone fetch a straight jacket! ;D
  • nikeiden - July 12, 2012 8:16 p.m.

BLASHPHEMY!
  • ThundaGawd - July 12, 2012 4:25 p.m.

I would've liked to see Fallout 3 included, but I don't know if it can be fully considered an FPS, seeing as it also heavily emphasizes it's RPG elements, and alot of firefights were done through V.A.T.S. (Then again, Deus Ex was also a pretty robust RPG, and the shoulder button in the first few metroid FPS's did all the aiming for you, so it can't be that far from a "real" FPS)
  • mentalityljs - July 12, 2012 4:52 p.m.

I agree on Fallout3, New Vegas even. Tho unfortunately I believe it's catagorized as an RPG first and and shooter second.