• fanfundy - February 8, 2012 9:12 p.m.

Bought this game the day it came out. Still have the big box it came in. Wonderful game.
  • MsSmith - February 8, 2012 7:40 p.m.

Two articles about Earthbound on the front page? I'm satisfied.
  • ncurry2 - February 8, 2012 7:28 p.m.

They may not be able to but since SOPA died, I can! Just download snes9x from pretty much anywhere. You'll then likely need a torrent software to download individual or libraries of games (utorrent is the most common). As for where to download from, there are thousands of legitimate sites out there. If you would like to use a controller, there are several options. Obviously if you have a usb controller or a wired 360 controller, you're already set. If you have a ps3 controller and are on vista, there are a lot of tools out there that are easy to find. If you're on windows 7, DS3 Tool works perfectly fine. If you're on a mac, you probably can't do any of this because you're on a mac :P
  • taokaka - February 9, 2012 1:21 a.m.

This is just so true, I was laughing a bit because of this Jason Schreier chap made it sound hard to download an emulator when in reality googling emulator will get you what you need in 10 seconds, hardly "street cred" worthy.
  • Hobogonigal - February 9, 2012 3:14 a.m.

Woah, hold on. I'm more hardcore than any of you. I totally blackled emulator which means I'm not just googling but also saving the world one search at a time. In this way I am like a super hero with infinite street cred.
  • Andrew Groen - February 9, 2012 5:36 p.m.

I don't think Jason meant "street cred" as baller as it sounded. I think he just meant that it shows you're a hardcore gamer who is willing to go a little bit further than Steam to experience a classic game. Silly as it may be, that does get your some credibility in certain corners of the web.
  • Marcunio88 - February 9, 2012 2:56 a.m.

Just to clarify, you can actually do all of this on the Mac as snes9x is available on pretty much every platform known to humanity. There's also a 360 controller driver for Mac and you can connect a PS3 controller with no extra software whatsoever. Just google it and you'll be away!
  • Andrew Groen - February 9, 2012 5:40 p.m.

please stop dont.
  • ShowMeYourKitties - February 8, 2012 6:34 p.m.

I love this game. Weird design, weird characters, and it has one of the most *ahem* memorable final boss battles of all time
  • einhazard - February 8, 2012 6:32 p.m.

I feel sad that you didn't mention that Earthbound was sold with a scratch-and-sniff players guide which included wonderful fragrances (such as farts) that corresponded with various scenes from the game. I mean, that's just going the extra mile, and I--as an eleven-year-old at the time, appreciated it.
  • zombie715 - February 8, 2012 10:23 p.m.

Hell yeah! Sorry for that ourburst, I remember that too, I also remember that pizza smelled delicious... err... terrible. This was and still is an amazing game that every new gamer needs to play, before they can even call themselves "gamers"
  • Andrew Groen - February 9, 2012 5:37 p.m.

That's the first I've heard of that amazing information. I'm sorry that didn't make it into the article, but I wish it did. That's such a neat little idea.
  • Nikku7 - February 8, 2012 6:12 p.m.

It's just such a mix of strange, hilarious, and epic that you don't see very often in games. Gameplay aside, this is one of the most unique games I have ever played. Yeah it's dated, but it's still fun and it has a lot of more mature themes that I wouldn't normally expect from Nintendo. It makes me happy
  • lilbuddha - February 8, 2012 8:58 p.m.

If this is dated, then pokemon (with nearly identical, moreso WORSE graphics) is dated as well.
  • Nikku7 - February 8, 2012 11:38 p.m.

Yeah, didn't really mean that negatively. I love pokemon's gameplay personally as well as earthbound's, I was really just meant it referring to what many people say about any RPG that doesn't try to use a completely new formula or isn't a fallout/elder scrolls game. I'm not downing the classic RPG formula at all (or at least don't mean to be).
  • Killshot - February 8, 2012 5:50 p.m.

Thats awesome i have a question, why is the forum being deleted, was it that expensive to maintain?