• FaIconPaunch - November 9, 2011 8 p.m.

Dunno what all this hate is about, I quite like the idea of having our questions answered like this. This has the potential to be a great column. Great job Mr. Groen. You gets my support!
  • - November 9, 2011 7:26 p.m.

I understand getting mad and calling game journalists lazy when they re-post press releases. But we're still called lazy when we spend hours combing through SEC filings, then consulting stock experts to verify our conclusions? I think gamers have a right to know that Bobby Kotick is being getting $30 million in compensation when some of their favorite studios are being shuttered. We didn't attack him. We stated facts. Gamers hate him, yet he's being paid millions.
  • Killshot - November 9, 2011 7:07 p.m.

I have a question, how much does it cost to localize a game in the US from another country? For example the group of wii rpg games that people wanted in the US never came out here even though a they apparently scored high in reviews they never came out here due to localization costs. Also what are the minum sales a localized game needs in order to break even?
  • - November 9, 2011 7:20 p.m.

That's a great question. I'll have to look into that for a future installment. Thanks a bunch!
  • Net_Bastard - November 9, 2011 6:55 p.m.

Honestly, he deserved it. He might be an ass, but he knows how to do his job. You guys are acting like you wouldn't want to be paid more than $1m milking every successful franchise that came about thanks to your publishing company. No one should be judged by the way they make money.
  • patbateman17 - November 10, 2011 7:18 a.m.

Fact. We can hate him all we want, but he's doing a bangup job and CoD alone is generating a sh*t-ton of cash - we don't like it? STOP BUYING THE GAMES EVERY YEAR!
  • profile0000 - November 9, 2011 6:29 p.m.

Wow, that's more than I honestly thought. Pretty impressive, to say the least.
  • Lurkero - November 9, 2011 5:41 p.m.

What I want to know is what he actually contributes to the company. Is he just a figurehead that approves stuff or does he actually make decisions that make the company more successful?
  • inkyspot - November 9, 2011 5:15 p.m.

He's the CEO of a big company,It's not a job everyone can do. More power to him.
  • therawski - November 9, 2011 4:54 p.m.

So who doesn't want to be CEO of a gaming company. I mean you can get away with all that dissent and make an impressive profit. Just remember there are plenty of people making more money than him that aren't providing entertaining games for us to play. And the bigger they are, the harder they fall, but probably not in his case.
  • Goldeneye007 - November 9, 2011 4:32 p.m.

Why is it that a 7 out of ten is viewed as average in the games industry when it should be a 5 out of 10?
  • gamer123gamer - November 9, 2011 4:35 p.m.

I blame school.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - November 9, 2011 4:47 p.m.

There are very few 1/2/3 rated games, the median (most frequent) score is 7, and a 7 game is described as good enough to play but not good enough to keep. You know, average. I know it's not the answer you wanted, but I hope it's satisfactory. :)
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - November 10, 2011 12:03 a.m.

Outlets cannot review every game that comes out. Hence, we have to prioritize. If every outlet reviewed every piece of shovelware in existence, you'd see a much less skewed average score.
  • misfit119 - November 10, 2011 2:20 a.m.

And honestly, as a game reviewer myself, who the hell wants to put yourself through that enough to reshape the average? I'd love to change that whole 4 point scale crap that goes on, and refuse to stick to it, but one can only handle so many Balls of Fury Wii games before you climb a clock tower with a sniper rifle.
  • TriforcePlayer - November 9, 2011 4:28 p.m.

Good for him. I hope the next Spider-Man game is great.
  • Ravenbom - November 9, 2011 4:26 p.m.

I'm not asking how much you guys make, but I'm sure everyone is wondering how much these jobs make: - Average games journalist - Starting games journalist - Game Voice Over - Nolan North's voice over take home (don't have to include his role as the dad on Pretty Little Liars) - Number of roles Nolan North has voiced That should set you right for a couple weeks, now go forth and do actual journalism!
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - November 9, 2011 4:17 p.m.

He's just saving up money for when CoD comes crashing down. OH HO someone had to say it! Really though, if he wanted people to stop hating him, he would actually do something with that money.
  • TURbo - November 9, 2011 3:57 p.m.

He's earned it. Regardless Gamers would heap way more shit on a guy who is CEO of a videogame publisher than any CEO at a major bank, yet alone name another CEO.
  • MCN2011 - November 9, 2011 3:45 p.m.

You don't head the largest publisher in the world, without making a bit of cash.