• philipshaw - November 18, 2010 12:36 p.m.

Only Brett could write an article like this, it was very informative because I never realised the PS2 memory card thing until you pointed it out
  • Rovert 09 - November 18, 2010 12:25 p.m.

I organize my games chronologically. It makes sense since you're probably going to play the newer games more often and you don't have to mess around with Dreamcast and PS3 silliness.
  • SillyPigeon - November 18, 2010 11:37 a.m.

Shouldve said that was in the UK
  • SillyPigeon - November 18, 2010 11:35 a.m.

Last few years of ps2 the boxes changed to blue, I think to counter the xbox green. I didn't like it. Cool article Brett
  • hlcy0n - November 18, 2010 11:17 a.m.

The N64 boxes in the UK appear to be allowed more artistic licence than in the US. This was the Ocarina of Time box that we had - http://101videogames.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-pal-box1.jpg
  • Muffaraggin - November 18, 2010 10:36 a.m.

I also found the whole article fascinating - is there something wrong with me?
  • jmcgrotty - November 18, 2010 9:33 a.m.

At the time of the release of the PS1, I read that the reason they had the Saturn cases was because their case final design hadn't been approved by the time of launch. So none had been produced yet.
  • wladodragovic - November 18, 2010 9:19 a.m.

"Do you even care? Of course you do. You love games enough to visit a site that’s known for writing about this exact kind of esoteric nonsense." :D So true.
  • Ninjadmin - November 18, 2010 9:12 a.m.

Wow, a lot of work must have gone into this. Well done! I would have liked more UK box info though ;)
  • The_Tingler - November 18, 2010 8:30 a.m.

Out of interest, in the UK we had: 1. Blue Dreamcast boxes! http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/uk/8430.jpg, http://www.kickemintheghoulies.com/dreamcast%20vf3tb%20pal%20+japan.JPG 2. The GameCube box was slightly different, in that the spine logo was on the left, not the right.
  • Yaro - November 18, 2010 7:36 a.m.

Happy.
  • 510BrotherPanda - November 18, 2010 6:39 a.m.

This has to be my favorite GR article OF THE YEAR. I like things that point out little details that not many people bother to think about on a day-to-day basis. This, and Matt Keast's video game psychology articles are really engaging. Thank you, Brett.
  • Imgema - November 18, 2010 5:55 a.m.

Man, European cases for consoles like Sega CD (Mega CD in Europe) were vastly different. The N64 cases (most of them) don't have those colors either.
  • Arucard04 - November 18, 2010 5:30 a.m.

This actually WAS extremely interesting.
  • smikey1123 - November 18, 2010 5:26 a.m.

good work brett, interesting read. I never noticed.
  • JayBeat - November 18, 2010 4:47 a.m.

Beastly article.
  • G0523 - November 18, 2010 4:42 a.m.

I thought the Wii logo was in the boxes because they were Nintendo's games, but Tatsunoko vs. Capcom has it, so who knows?
  • AlpineGuy - November 18, 2010 4:41 a.m.

Sarcastic title aside, I actually found this article interesting. This is the kind of stuff that only GamesRadar has the enthusiasm to do. Keep up the good work, Brett!
  • TrixR4Kidz - November 18, 2010 4:34 a.m.

This is the most comprehensive game packaging article in the whole internet.. well done?
  • QWERTYCommander - November 18, 2010 4:29 a.m.

How dare you forget about the red New Super Mario Bros. Wii case! Besides that, this is pretty cool. Amazing how much game boxes have changed.